Cause of spider veins:
The exact cause of the development of spider veins is not known. They mostly result due to an underlying venous insufficiency. According to the doctors, the activities that put pressure on the veins of leg such as standing for long durations, sitting or gaining weight can lead to the development of these veins. Spider veins appear often during pregnancy in women.
Spider veins may also appear resulting from an injury to the affected area. It may also result from a family history. Overexposure to Sun can also cause spider veins to appear on the exposed parts like face and nose.
Laser treatment for spider veins:
Laser treatment is effective in treating the medium and small sized veins. Large spider veins can be effectively treated with Sclerotherapy. A person having spider veins on the face would opt for a laser treatment rather than sclerotherpy.
Laser treatment for spider veins does not require any pain medications or sedatives or local anesthesia or injections. Transcutaneous laser is used for treating the smallest surface veins. These veins should be close to the surface as the skin tends to get damaged easily by the ablative energy of laser.
Two to four sessions of treatment are usually required to get the desi...
... middle of paper ...
...in color and a small bruise can also be experienced. This fades away within 7-10 days. It is recommended to use ice packs to reduce the swelling. At times injuries or burns may be caused due to the heat of the laser. Redness and purple discoloration may remain for some weeks or even longer.
The areas of skin treated with laser are quite sensitive to UV rays. Exposure to sun may lead to permanent discoloration of the treated areas. Try to avoid sun exposure and use a sunscreen in sufficient amount whenever necessary. This reduces the risk of skin damage.
After the laser treatment for spider veins, there may be some blistering in the skin, especially those with fair skin. Avoid using a make up till your skin is not completely healed as it may agitate the areas of treatment. An anti-bacterial topical ointment can be used to prevent the infection.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Rosacea is a common skin disorder affecting millions of people aging between 30 and 60. It is a skin problem characterized by swelling and redness of face. There is no known cure for rosacea. Treatment is all about controlling the symptoms. Although there are various ways of treating rosacea, but laser treatment for rosacea is the most effective mode of treatment. Laser treatments can effectively treat the various symptoms of rosacea. No single cause has been determined for rosacea. Some studies suggest it to be genetic, while other theories suggest that it is a disorder of the blood vessels where the vessels swell up and result in reddening of the skin.... [tags: Health]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- Laser is an acronym used for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. Laser treatment is a procedure used to cure skin problems with a strong beam of light. Experienced cosmetologists and dermatologists use this new technology to cure many ailments. Side effects of laser treatment: Several side effects can be experienced with acne blemish laser treatment like irritation, redness and swelling on the affected areas. These side effects persist only for a few hours or a day. In certain cases of laser therapy that cures the pimple scars can lead to pigmentation changes.... [tags: Medical Science]
938 words (2.7 pages)
- Dentistry is an industry that is constantly evolving. Every day new techniques, instruments, procedures and discoveries are made. One thing becoming more and more popular in dentistry are dental lasers. Dental laser use in dental offices is rapidly growing because all of the advantages they provide to both the dentist and the patient. With the different types and strengths of the different lasers like hard tissue, soft-tissue, carbon dioxide, argon lasers and more almost any dental treatment can be benefited by using one.... [tags: Laser, Light, Carbon dioxide, Gas laser]
1449 words (4.1 pages)
- How many of you know what laser surgery is. Perhaps, you have heard of this, but today lets learn about this procedure. The definition for laser eye surgery is, surgery used to correct vision in people who are nearsighted, farsighted, or have astigmatism. Lasik surgery is an outpatient procedure, and there is no overnight stay. Before you begin any kind of surgery it is beneficial you speak to your eye doctor. Set up an appointment to see what kind of laser surgery would be right for you. This will give the doctor an opportunity to see if you qualify for this type of a procedure.... [tags: Surgery, Laser, LASIK, Refractive surgery]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Benefits of facial laser treatment: • The primary advantage is that the laser treatment is an absolutely harmless and painless method of facial. It does not involve going under knife and bearing the pain. • The laser procedure is much faster than the surgical operations. Moreover, regular visits are also not required to derive benefit of the treatment. • The time required for recovery and recuperation in laser treatment is less than that required for surgery. Considerations: These three factors are sufficient to convince oneself for facial laser treatment.... [tags: Health]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- The dot laser treatment helps to restore the skin color and texture with the new laser technology. It can soften the mild creases, reduce the fine lines and wrinkles and fade away the abnormal pigmentations that have occurred overtime. Dot laser is also used for treating acne scars and other forms of traumatic scarring. How does it work. Dot laser therapy is mainly based on using the power of Co2 laser. The Co2 laser is used in a refined and controlled manner. This helps the surgeon to individualize the laser treatment according to your skin type and your specific needs.... [tags: Medical Science ]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- As we age, we develop wrinkles and fine lines on our face due to the repetitive movements of the facial muscle. Other factors like diet, exposure to sun and smoking can also affect your skin. Laser resurfacing treatment is a good option for treating the various skin problems including scars, age spots, wrinkles, brown discoloration, some types of acne scarring and stretch marks. The skin color, extent of damage and age are the factors that determine whether laser resurfacing treatment is appropriate for you.... [tags: Medical Science]
869 words (2.5 pages)
- Isolaz is a new, advanced laser used for the treatment of different skin problems including acne, signs of aging and sun damage. Isolaz laser can also be used for removal of unwanted hair. Isolaz laser treatment is based on Photo pneumatics technology. This technology combines the use of vacuum as well as a painless laser that leaves your skin look healthier and younger. It is a unique, effective and painless procedure. Isolaz therapy is quite comfortable and you experience a warm and gentle sensation during the skin treatment.... [tags: Health Care]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- Now, people with cellulite conditions can get excited with the advent of the new, promising treatment procedure. Currently, cellulite laser treatment seems to be a great option for treating cellulite conditions. Cellulite is considered as a major beauty problem and creates dimpled or lump like skin. More and more women are struggling with cellulite, hence more treatment options are now being developed to get rid of it. Cellulite laser treatment is a process in which a device is used for breaking down the fats underneath the skin or the cellulite.... [tags: Medical Science]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- James Patterson wrote Along Came A Spider. The genre is adult fiction. It is a good novel because it has a great mystery in it. This novel also has a lesson in it. The lesson is not to tie your family up with your work. The setting in this novel takes place in Washington DC from 1932-1934. Gary Soneji, (a.k.a. Gary Murphy) is a serial killer who kidnapped two children, Maggie Rose, the golden-haired daughter of a famous movie actress. The other child was Shrimpie Goldberg, the son of the Secretary of the Treasury.... [tags: spider]
506 words (1.4 pages)