In 1891, the Associated Bill Posters’ Association was credited with being the nation’s first association of advertisers. (Universe) This allowed the Lamar Advertising Company, formerly known as the Pensacola Advertising Company, to come about. The Pensacola Advertising Company was created by J.M. Coe in 1902. In 1905, Charles W. Lamar Sr. joined a partnership with Coe. (Universe) When they decided to end their three-year joint venture in 1908, a coin toss was used to divide their assets: the Pensacola Opera House and the Pensacola Advertising Company. (Lamar) The need that this small poster company met when it was first formed was to promote the upcoming events that were to take place in the opera house located in Pensacola, Florida, that they both had owned at the time. “Mr. Lamar lost the toss and was left with the less-lucrative poster company, which he renamed Lamar Outdoor Advertising Company” (Lamar). Unknown to Charles Lamar, this coin toss won him more than he could imagine at the time.
Before owning the Lamar Advertising Compa...
... middle of paper ...
...gressed over the years, and how they have dealt with the constantly changing technology. I now know that I really need to think hard about the advertisements that I consume, and really think about what the producer’s motives really are behind each advertisement.
Farlex. Billboard. 2011. 30 September 2011
Graphics, Lamar. Lamar Advertising Company Goes Green. 2010. 30 September 2011
Lamar. About Us: Lamar. 2011. 30 September 2011
Lamar Advertising Company. 27 February 2011. 30 September 2011
Universe, Funding. Lamar Advertising Company. 30 September 2011
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The past, the present and the future. Can they exists at the same time. Today I was driving one of my best friends to the airport, she stayed for one week in Miami; while I was crying saying goodbye at the airport, I remembered the good time we had in the last week and how fast it passed. Now we are in the present, saying goodbye. This is how we start seeing we don 't have three separated times. In our minds time is always mixed with: past, present and future. Like professor Phillip Zimbardo said on the psychology of time video: we can be oriented at the time we choose, some people tend to worry excessively about the future and all they do is work for it; some can be past oriented either in... [tags: Time, Future, Present, Past]
744 words (2.1 pages)
- The Passion of Macbeth: The Past, Present and Future In Macbeth, Shakespeare examines the significance of time in the form of one’s present and future through the unfortunate character of Macbeth. Macbeth is an ordinary soldier, loyal to the king as the Thane of Glamis, prior to his meeting with the three witches. The three witches reveal to Macbeth his future “All, hail Macbeth. Hail to three, Thane of Cawdor. All, hail, Macbeth, that shalt be king hereafter!” (1.3. 49-50). For the most part one does not know his or her own future.... [tags: Macbeth, Future, Time, Past, Present, Macbeth]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- Everyone has an ugly past some uglier than others but that drives them to be better to head toward success. Everyone wants a better future then their past mine just happens to be that ugly past but my future is going to be so different you would think I lived like a princess in the past and everything on the path of where I want to be by the way I act. humble. My past and my future maybe have some similarities but the differences will be extreme only success in the future for me. My past was just cruel and sad it influenced me in a way that happiness wasn’t in it for me at least not a lot.... [tags: Present, Time, Future, Want, Past, WANT]
792 words (2.3 pages)
- Philosophers are divided on the ontological question of the reality of the past, present and future. While nearly all contemporary philosophers agree that the present time exists, there has been substantial disagreement over the existence of the past and future. In this essay I will argue that it is not that case that only the present time exists. I will argue that conclusion by discussing the ideas put forward by Presentists. This will then be contrasted with the ideas given by Eternalists, with a brief look at the Growing Block Theory.... [tags: Time, Future, Present, Past]
1109 words (3.2 pages)
- Aileena Dao presented her speech with the directions by stating a clear thesis in the first part of the speech about her past, present and future. The points where clear from the start, she started with her past and how she is part of many different scholastic organizations in college or what she has been apart of that has really carried on with her. She then went on to her next statement which was about her present situation living in Biloxi and going to MGCCC to ultimately become a pharmacist.... [tags: Time, Future, Past, Nonverbal communication]
1673 words (4.8 pages)
- “The future depends on what we do in the present.”- Mahatma Gandhi I will be telling what my items are in the capsule and why did I choose these items to be placed in the capsule. I will also be telling the future how the past was and how we took part in our daily lives. In this paper I will discuss what items are going into the time capsule, what I want the future generations to know about the past, and why I put the items I put in the capsule and what they mean to me. First, what items will I put in the time capsule.... [tags: Time, Future, Past, Present]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- The Past, Present, and the Future Walked Into a Bar; It was Tense The concept of future has been present since the dawn of time. Every generation has thought about their future whether it be life after death, or where they will find food, or what will they wear. It is present in our inspirational quotes, our school systems, and religions. What will happen in the time yet to come. This question drives what we do and how we feel; we feel filled with a sense of wonder at the thought of what will come to be, we feel anxiety over an uncontrollable future, we feel a need to reminisce and maximize our time in an ever-shortening life.... [tags: Time, Future, Past, Emotion, Anxiety, Present]
820 words (2.3 pages)
- Death in T.S. Eliot's The Wasteland and Maddy's No Past, No Present, No Future Death is an inevitable fact that everyone experiences at some point in their lives. Whether it is losing a friend, family member, someone famous and well known, or finally themselves, everyone knows what it's like to deal with the topic of death. In The Wasteland T. S Eliot is describing death with a very different approach which makes death seem poetic yet very dreary and uninviting. On the other hand, in Yulisa Amadu Maddy's book No Past, No Present, No Future death is not poetic at all but very cold and melancholy.... [tags: Death Eliot Maddy Wasteland Future Past Essays]
1158 words (3.3 pages)
- Life Lessons in Yulisa Amadu Maddy’s No Past, No Present, No Future An age-old cliché states that one really never appreciates what he or she has until it is gone. Does this mean that nobody has ever truly appreciated the gift of life while living. Such an assumption cannot easily be made because no one can truly know the experiences or feelings. One can only try to understand by relating it to personal experience. On the other hand, this cliché would seem to explain the changes that people undergo as a result of a close brush with death.... [tags: Death Maddy No Past Present Future Essays]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Death and Dying in T.S. Eliot's The Waste Land and Yulisa Maddy’s No Past No Present No Future I am immortal. Although I realize that I will die, I don’t believe it. The fear of death motivates me to ignore my mortality and, in motivating me to ignore, allows me to live a jaded, happy life. If death were a predominant thought, then appreciating life would seem difficult—unless of course I changed my name to Harold. Everyone confronts the idea of death sooner or later; different people just deal with death in different ways.... [tags: Eliot Wasteland Maddy Future Present Past Essays]
1224 words (3.5 pages)