I wanted to find out more about the Lady Eagles Basketball Team, so I conducted field research and did an artifact analysis. To get more information about the Lady Eagles, I wanted them to answer some questions so that I could get a better understanding of how the Lady Eagles felt about the opinions of the fans. First, I scheduled an interview with three of the Lady Eagles: Alex Coyne, Markia Nix, and Ashley Folsom. I choose these players for an interview because they were very outspoken, and I could see that they genuinely enjoyed playing the game. I visited the Reed Greed coliseum; roughly around 1:30 p.m. on Febru...
... middle of paper ...
...ot as exciting and aggressive to watch when compared to the males. In all, I can conclude that the Lady Eagles play because they have a strong passion for the sport of basketball regardless of how much support they receive from fans. They may be women, but they are as powerful as their minds set them to be.
Coyne, Alex. Personal Interview. 24 Feb. 2014.
Folsom, Ashley. Personal Interview. 24 Feb. 2014.
Nix, Markia. Personal Interview. 24 Feb. 2014.
The University of Southern Mississippi. “Southern Miss Lady Eagles Basketball – Hattiesburg Company Facebook." Facebook. Southern Miss Sports, U of Southern Mississippi, 10 Jun. 2013. Web. 4 Mar. 2014.
The University of Southern Mississippi. "Women's Basketball Ends Season in Double Overtime Loss to Mississippi State 74-66." Southern Miss Sports, U of Southern Mississippi, 24 Mar. 2014. Web. 27 Mar. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Professional basketball players in todays present day have been paid in the millions ranging from one million up to twenty five million a year. A million dollar is for an average pro basketball player and up to twenty five million for the superstars such as Kobe Bryant and Lebron James. More players in the NBA are being paid for their performance whereas overseas teams will pay to get any NBA player. Overseas teams will double an NBA player’s salary in order for them to play in their country because it will give them an advantage when they play in their league.... [tags: National Basketball Association, Boston Celtics]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- There are 5 seconds left on the clock in the last quarter, the coach calls a time out. Down by 2, the team has a chance to win the game. The whistle blows and the clock winds down, 5...The ball is passed in…4…the point guard dribbles around the key…3…the ball is passed to the shooting guard…2…the shooting guard passes it back to the point guard…1…the point guard shoots from behind the 3-point line…0. Countless fans across the globe may get thrills while watching an intense minor or professional basketball game, although, few actually know where or how this widely popular sport was created.... [tags: nba, basketball players, james naismith]
1397 words (4 pages)
- Another person that has influenced me is an entrepreneur and retired professional Hall of Fame basketball player Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan is not only a retired professional basketball player that went to the University of North Carolina but he also hosted a numerous of basketball camps to give children the opportunity to live out their dreams. Mr. Jordan stated. “If you 're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I 've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don 't have to stop you.... [tags: Basketball, National Basketball Association]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- I have chosen this career because there is nothing I would rather do than play the game of basketball for the rest my life. I started playing organized basketball in the sixth grade, and I have been in love with the game ever since. Here is a little history on basketball, The First type game may have been played by the early Olmec people of ancient Mexico as early as 500 years ago. The Aztec, and Mayan cultures also had a game similar to basketball, only instead of a rubber ball they used the decapitated skulls of their conquered foes.... [tags: Basketball, National Basketball Association]
1281 words (3.7 pages)
- Growing up I was a diehard basketball player. I started playing basketball at the age of six years old, and at the time I wasn’t very good. I was made fun of a lot because of my weight and I wasn’t very athletic. From six years old till 10 years old, I was constantly picked on and whenever I played basketball with friends it was the same result. One night I was in my bed and I was looking up the statistics of what it took to play professional basketball. At the time I was still 10 years old and there was nothing more I wanted in my life at the time to be a pro basketball player.... [tags: Basketball, High school, Point guard]
1052 words (3 pages)
- When I hear the word track I get so excited because I know it is something that i’m good at, something I can prove myself to be the best at, a place where I don’t have to think or feel pressured to be the best all the time. For me, track is a place where I can escape and become something other than just another student or athlete. Track has changed my life for the better. My story starts in the 7th grade, when I was the best basketball player on the 7th grade girls basketball team for Brainerd. I was always used to be the best at basketball because I was tall, strong, and not afraid to take chances.... [tags: High school, Ninth grade, Basketball]
2029 words (5.8 pages)
- Every time you step on to the court its a challenge. Not only an individual challenge, but a team challenge to be the best. This is for the best two sports in the world, football and basketball. The glory of winning, but the agony of losing, is what separates the champs from contenders. There are truly two of sports we highlight in today culture. They are so popular that you see them all over the world, or maybe different version of them. There are truly die hard fans from not only these sports, but others world wide.... [tags: American football, Basketball, Ball]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- The Influence of Basketball Sports are often identified to have positive influences on many individuals. The sports industry is growing worldwide, especially the basketball industry, which is regarded in second place behind football. The global prevalence of basketball is unquestionable, especially among the young. Basketball is a dynamic team sport that involves a pattern of alternating, active, and skilled movement activities. There are compound demands that require a mixture of individual skills, team plays, strategies, and motivational aspects.... [tags: sports industry, school players ]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- Opportunity in the NBA for European Basketball Players European settlers first came to America in 1742 to start over and improve their life styles. It was mostly European settlers that originated America. They did not have a good enough chance to make good money or support there family in Europe so they moved to a new nation to start over or to get away from the war. This is what European basketball players are doing now coming to the NBA in America to improve on there basketball skills as well as make more money.... [tags: Papers]
546 words (1.6 pages)
- Basketball Basketball was created a simple game. The primary objective was to place a ball, without dribbling, into a peach basket. However, like Darwin's theory of man, basketball has evolved into the most exciting exhibition of athletic ability. Basketball has seen many rule changes, because of the increasing ability of the players. Basketball is a melting pot, where black, white, and European people excel. This is a sport that is color-blind. This sport requires complete control over one's body and mind.... [tags: essays research papers]
1494 words (4.3 pages)
- Behavior Changes in Older Adults
- The Need for the Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act
- Flannery O'Connor's A Good Man is Hard to Find
- Social and Geographical Aspects of the Japanese Culture
- New Salem Association of the Old Regular Baptist
- Examining the Latino Population in the US through Two Films: Quinceañera and Spanglish