I will begin my description of the music that I heard at the LACMA concert with the work that I liked best. This was the new discovery from Kinderszenen’s Ahnung, the composer of this piece was Robert Schumann, U.S. Premiere performed by the pianist Luiza Borac. This piece was first beginning with the repeating chords accompanied with the soft moderato me...
... middle of paper ...
...xcited to have this experience. Part of the drama of the concert at first is felt when the musicians come in and sit down and begin tuning up their instruments. I would not be able to comment on the performance of the orchestra. During the performance, I seen the audience were moving with the music, but I felt like that everyone seems knows more music than what I learned throughout this semester. After I went home and did some of the research on these music I finally understand why these people like to attend the orchestra concerto, it was because that every piece of music has a history behind it. The Los Angeles audience seemed to me to be people who know music and who will listen to something new in a respectful way. All the same, when the more familiar sounds of the last piece were heard, I could feel a little sense of relaxation and fun coming into the room.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Concert Assignment Part B On August 2, 2015 I attended Barge music Concerts where I had the chance to familiarize myself with masterworks series of two amazing composers. Antonio Vivaldi and his concerto for 4 violins and orchestra in B minor, RV 580 that were performed in three movements allegro, largo – larghetto and allegro. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and his concerto for Violin and Orchestra No. 3 in G Major, K. 216, that were preform in allegro, adagio, rondeau (allegro). And sinfonia concertante for violin, viola and orchestra in E-flat major, K.... [tags: Johann Sebastian Bach, Concerto]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- The concert that I attended was of the cellist “Pablo Mahave Veglia” and he performed at the recital hall at Saint Cloud State University on September 9th. His concert was specifically instrumental and it was a solo recital. This concert’s genre was mainly a concerto and the concert represented the Baroque period. The main instrument that was used in this concert was the cello and there was also some electronic music incorporated throughout his performance. I have never heard a cello live before and I have to say it was a very amazing instrument to hear live.... [tags: Music, Performance, Cello, Concert]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- One of the concerts that I have attended was One Direction’s. One direction was formed by a group of boys from London in 2010. These young men were also known as Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson. The band started off from a British talent show on television called the X Factor. During the audition, the boys were eliminated as individuals, but Simon Cowell saw great potential in these young men as a group. He decided to make it happen by giving them another chance to perform together, and indeed they became famous ever since the formation of the English-Irish boy band One Direction.... [tags: Concert Report Essays]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- After attending both a “popular” and “classical” musical concert it is easy to see the differences between these two genres of music. While attending these events, I noticed a wide variety of differences including the music being played, the atmosphere, the number of people attending and the expectations of the audience during the performance. As we talked about in Turino’s “Music as Social Life” earlier this semester both of the performances were presentational, placing a divide between the performer and the audience (Turino).... [tags: Performance, Music, Performing arts, Concert]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- The Los Angeles Philharmonic Classical Music Concert Report I attended the Los Angeles Philharmonic classical music concert at the Walt Disney Concert Hall on Friday 29 November 2013. The classical concert started at 8:00pm to the enjoyment of the huge audience that had been waiting for this amazing music extravaganza. Classical music concerts always offer magnificent entertainment and the audience in this concert was expectant to derive such entertainment or more. In attendance were Christian Zacharias who was the conductor and Martin Chalifour who was the LA Phil commanding Principal Concertmaster and Bach violin player.... [tags: music, concert, audience]
574 words (1.6 pages)
- Music Concerts I went to my first classical concert which was performed by Benjamin Pila. Honestly, I did not expect too much on this concert, because I had thought all the classical styles of music is boring. I just wanted to go to the concert to get my credits and go home. However, contrasting with my former thought, I was amazed with the music of artist Pila. That was the reason why I could not wait to attend the second concert, which is perform by the artist from Thailand Ekschai Jearakul. The music that artist Jearakul played was different from artist Pila, but I had to admit that he is a talent artist.... [tags: Music, Performance, Musical notation, Concert]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- On August 11, 2009, my cousin and I headed off to West Hollywood to the Troubadour, where we would see one of the best band, Cobra Starship perform. When we arrived at the Troubadour many hours early, the security guard told us we had to wait around the corner like the other fans waiting to get inside the doors. So when we walked around the corner, we saw a few fans camping out. We found a spot and we sat down. The wait felt like eternity and the heat of the sun beaming down on us wasn’t helping the situations either.... [tags: concerts, ]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- The Madina Collection of Islamic Art at the LACMA Introduction The Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) announced recently that it had acquired “the remarkable Madina Collection of Islamic art. The collection contains works of various media dating from the late 7th through 19th centuries from the vast areas that comprise the Islamic world, from Southern Spain to Central Asia” (Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 2005). While the museum already had quite an extensive collection of Islamic art, this particular exhibit truly adds the collections as a whole.... [tags: essays research papers art]
771 words (2.2 pages)
- As we all waited in line to go into the concert there was a thrill of excitement in the air. I was standing there with two of my friends when we saw a few other people we knew. " Hey, come over here!" I bellowed. Three tall gothic boys slouched over to us. As we were talking the line started to move in an uneasy shuffle. We neared the entrance, where a tall bouncer with a voice that rumbled like thunder was standing. He asked for our tickets and in unison we passed them to him.... [tags: Descriptive Essays, Descriptive Writing]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- CONCERT REPORT #2 Beatles Z320 For my second concert report I thought that I would write about my only experience hearing songs of the Beatles live. The Rib America Festival was hosted by The Beatles Live Repertoire. The group dressed exactly like the Beatles, even had the same names, John, Paul, George, and Ringo. I had never heard any Beatles songs live before, so that was enough to get me off my butt. Not to mention, it was free entertainment, not a bad time at all. So the show starts, and I’m not sure what to expect.... [tags: essays research papers]
1085 words (3.1 pages)