Kudler Fine Foods possesses three pieces of market research. “Market research is the process of defining a marketing problem and opportunity, collecting and analyzing information, and recommending actions” (Kerin, Hartley, Berkowitz, & Rudelius, 2006, p. 205). The catering service opportunity has been defined, and the collected data requires analysis.
Internal Secondary Data
Having done two consecutive years of customer comments and suggestions surveys, Kudler maintains history containing internal secondary data, which is data collected prior to the current project (Kerin et al, 2006) being researched. The survey results do not have relative value to the marketing research needed to assess the growth of the catering service. The questions posed to the customer were geared more toward the experience of shopping at one of Kudler’s stores. The target market for the catering service are those included in the “customer managed relationships” (Wind, 2008, p. 24). Along with managing the relationship the company has w...
... middle of paper ...
...to mastering the marketing mix. Business Strategy Series, 8(2), 122-131. Retrieved August 5, 2008, from ABI/INFORM Global database. (Document ID: 1374488541).
Kerin, R.A., Hartley, S.W., & Berkowitz, E.N., Rudelius, W. (2006). Marketing (8th ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill Companies.
University of Phoenix. (2007). Virtual Organization Portal: Kudler. Retrieved August 2, 2008, from University of Phoenix, rEsource course module, MBA/502 Managing Enterprise Website.
Wind, Y. (2008). A Plan to Invent the Marketing We Need Today. MIT Sloan Management Review, 49(4), 21-28. Retrieved August 3, 2008, from ABI/INFORM Global database. (Document ID: 1520405531).
Yudelson, J. (1999). Adapting Mccarthy’s Four P’s for the Twenty-First Century. Journal of Marketing Education, 21, p. 60-67. Retrieved August 3, 2008, from EBSCOhost database. (Document ID: 10.1177/0273475399211008).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Marketing research is the process of defining a marketing problem and opportunities, systematically collecting and analyzing information, and recommending actions (Kerin, Hartley & Berkowitz, 2009). Marketing research helps assess market potential, gives insight to into customer motivation, purchase behavior and consumer satisfaction. The purpose of marketing research is to gather, analyze, and interpret data related to the company’s market, competitors, marketing objectives, and customer demands.... [tags: Marketing, Research, Marketing research]
710 words (2 pages)
- Kudler Foods Marketing Analysis Kudler Foods is a small independent grocer with three stores in northern San Diego County. Kudler Foods specializes in providing unique and high quality ingredients for the gourmet chef. In an effort to increase profits, the company is interested in adding catering to its service offerings. The success of the catering service offering is dependent on the creation of an appropriate and effective marketing campaign. The marketing campaign must be carefully designed and implemented to provide the expected increase in profits.... [tags: Business Analysis Marketing Management]
1824 words (5.2 pages)
- Marketing Assignment / Kudler Fine Foods Kudler Fine Foods, owned by Kathy Kudler, is a gourmet grocery center with three locations. The stores are designed for the consumer that likes to cook gourmet meals without shopping all over town. The company sells a selection of fine foods, wines and the culinary tools necessary to prepare the finest meal. Recently the company began contracting with local growers to provide locally grown organic produce and is now making plans to expand into the catering business.... [tags: Business Marketing]
1235 words (3.5 pages)
- Marketing Assignment Kathy Kudler opened the first Kudler Fine Foods (KFF) store in 1998. After shopping for fine food ingredients, store to store, Kathy realized she could combine her love of gourmet cooking in a one-stop shopping experience with her marketing expertise to target other people’s culinary passions. Three store locations now operate in California and Kathy recently contracted with organic growers to provide her customers with locally grown organic produce, and has decided to expand KFF further by adding a catering business.... [tags: Business Marketing]
1980 words (5.7 pages)
- Marketing at Kudler Fine Foods Introduction Marketing is not an option. It is a necessity (Forsyth, 2004). The definition of marketing as stated by the American Marketing Association and further described in the text by Kerin et al. is an organizational function and a set of processes for producing, communicating and delivering value to customers and for managing customer relationships in ways that benefit the organization and its stakeholders (Kerin et al., pg 8, 2005). Kudler Fine Foods has decided to explore new services which they might offer to their customers.... [tags: Business Marketing Analysis Strategy]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- Marketing of Kudler Fine Foods Introduction Kudler Fine Foods has experienced a significant growth and is now focused on expanding the services, improving the efficiency of its operations and increasing the consumer purchase cycle as a means to increasing the loyalty and profitability of its consumers. The American Marketing association states that "marketing is an organizational function and a set of processes for creating, communicating, and delivering value to customers and collecting for managing customer relationships in ways that benefit the organization and it... [tags: Business Marketing Analysis]
1695 words (4.8 pages)
- Table of Contents i. Introduction to Marketing ii. Relative values of market value iii. Market mix in Kudler's catering service iv. Determining product and price in relation to other catering services v. Place and Promotion in relation to catering vi. Using technology in targeting customers vii. Decision to create a catering service in relation to local organic growers. viii. Conclusion ix. References. Introduction to Marketing "Marketing as the name implies is an organizational function and a set of processes for creating, communicating, and delivering value to customers and for managing customer relationships in a way that benefit the organization and its stakeholders", according to Kerin... [tags: Business Analysis Marketing ]
1609 words (4.6 pages)
- Marketing Analysis at Kudler Fine Foods Kudler Fine Foods, a gourmet food store was founded by Kathy Kudler in 1998 with the vision to provide customers with a variety of quality products such as bakery, meat and seafood, cheese and dairy, wine, and produce with over 350 fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs and spices from all over the world. Kudler Fine Foods opened its first store at La Jolla, California and within five years of operations expanded to Del Mar in the year 2000 and Encinitas in the year 2003 all stores located in San Diego County, California.... [tags: Business Marketing]
1331 words (3.8 pages)
- The Need of an Upgraded System for Kudler Fine Foods Kudler fine Foods are in dire need of an upgraded system as well as a better constructed database. It is recognized that there are three stores involved, and downtime is unacceptable. This document will outline the requirements needed from different section, such as Marketing, Human Resources, and Management to name a few. Currently, there is a collection of information, but many of the systems are not automated. We will outline areas that we feel need improvement.... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Marketing Finances Essays]
1364 words (3.9 pages)
- "Kudler Fine Foods has experienced significant growth and is now focused on expanding the services, improving the efficiency of its operations and increasing the consumer purchase cycle as a means to increasing the loyalty and profitability of its consumers" (, ). This paper will justify the importance of marketing research in the development of Kudler Fine Foods marketing strategy and tactics. It will also identify the areas where additional market research is needed and analyze the importance of competitive intelligence and analysis in regards to the development of Kudler Fine Foods marketing strategy and tactics.... [tags: Marketing Research Paper]
1030 words (2.9 pages)