The second part deals with the need for organizations to fundamentally change how they are doing business, primarily in order to adjust to the changing business environment. Such changes also help organizations seize opportunities and solve major business problems.
Once Kudler Fine Foods can come up with an SIS the company will be able to do business a lot smoother via internet. Strategic information systems ( SIS s ) are systems that support or shape an organization's competitive strategy.
Information technology contributes to strategic systems in several ways. Consider these four: 1.) Information technology creates applications that provide direct strategic advantage to organizations. 2.) IT supports strategic changes such as reengineering. For example, IT allows efficient decentralization by providing high-speed communication lines, and it streamlines and shortens product design time with computer-aided engineering tools. 3.) IT provides for technological innovations or acts as an enabler of innovation. These can be incorporated in the firm's goods or services, or affect how those are p...
... middle of paper ...
...ccessful business. It is up to management to determine which strategy to use to improve the company’s branding image. Kudlers management can continually update its strategy based on current markets and what its competitors do. Using one or some of the strategies listed up above one can judge which will work best for the company depending on the company’s current standing.
University of Phoenix Resoruce Page. EBOOK COLLECTION: Chapter 13 - Turban. (2003). Introduction to information technology (8th ed.). New York: Wiley., Retrieved April 13, 2008
University of Phoenix Resoruce Page. EBOOK COLLECTION: Chapter 7 - Gomez-Mejia. (2002). Management (8th ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill., Retrieved April 13, 2008
University of Phoenix resource page. Virtual Organization. Retrieved April 13, 2008
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Kudler Fine Foods is an organization that wants to evolve and mature as a company and implement practices that illustrate their growth as a company. One particular practice that Kudler Foods wants to implement is reaching out and contracting to local farmers to gain access to organic foods for sell within all three branches of Kudler Foods (UOP,2008). By implementing such a new system changes will have to be made primarily within the company’s operations management. This paper will discuss the needed changes and alterations that need to occur in order to maintain their efficiency as a company.... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Case Study Analysis]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- Kudler Fine Foods Transforms to Organic Produce The Kudler Fine Foods is transforming its produce to carry organically grown produce. In the company's mission statement: "We will provide this service because we shop the world' for our products; purchase only the finest of products and will go to extensive lengths to assure that Kudler's is the purveyor of choice for customers aspiring to purchase the finest epicurean delights (Kudler Fine Foods, 2006). Kathy Kudler and her administrative team have decided to contract with local vendors to bring organic produce to the stores.... [tags: Kudler Foods Case Study Analysis]
1997 words (5.7 pages)
- Strategy Assignment Kathy Kudler is the creator of Kudler Fine Foods. Kathy’s primary goal in establishing KFF was to create a retail store that provides a selection of gourmet foods in order to meet the needs of the typical person all within one store. A wide variety of foods are offered at Kudler Fine Foods. The many different departments include gourmet baked goods, dairy, cheese, wine, organic and non organic produce sections, fresh meats, and seafood. Furthermore, the three different retail locations will offer cooking classes in addition to monthly cheese and wine customer appreciation classes.... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Case Study Analysis]
1290 words (3.7 pages)
- Kudler Fine Foods is company that provides customers with a one-stop shop for gourmet foods. There are three locations located throughout the San Diego area. Kudler needs to keep their employees in high spirits and customers happy to remain competitive by continuously updating their technology and using the correct organizational strategy to help them to remain successful. This paper will assess how changes in technology have created business opportunities for Kudler and observe the generic strategy that Kudler is pursuing.... [tags: Business Analysis Strategy Management]
1468 words (4.2 pages)
- Kudler Fine Foods Case Study Strategy Kudler Fine Foods is a local gourmet food store company in the San Diego metropolitan area. The company is founded a few years ago by President Kathy Kudler and has three stores located in La Jolla, Del Mar and Encinitas. Kathy Kudler's vision is "to create one store that would stock a wide selection of the freshest ingredients as well as all of the tools a gourmet cook could ever want" (Kudler, n.d.). Kudler would like to expand the services, to improve the efficiency of the operations and increase customer's purchase cycle in the next year.... [tags: Business Analysis Strategy Management]
1693 words (4.8 pages)
- Kudler Fine Foods Case Study Residents of the San Diego metropolitan area are fortunate to be able to patronize the local specialty food store known as Kudler Fine Foods. Founded by Kathy Kudler in June of 1998, Kudler Fine Foods is now three stores strong. Kudler Fine Foods are located in elite shopping centers. Guests will find the best and freshest domestic and imported gourmet items from the following categories: bakery and pastries, produce, meat and seafood, condiments and packaged foods, cheese and dairy and wine.... [tags: Business Management Strategy Analysis]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- Kudler Foods has embarked on a project to increase promotional sales for the company. In order to better meet the needs of the customer, Kudler Foods initiated a project to provide a monthly newsletter with information about new products and current promotions along with redeemable coupons for certain chosen products. When Team B was first contacted by the project sponsor, the project had fallen behind schedule and was in jeopardy of failing. Management had serious concerns and wanted help to bring the project back on-track.... [tags: Case Study, Analysis, solution]
1676 words (4.8 pages)
- Kudler Finer Foods was founded in 1998 by Kathy Kudler with the vision to create one store that carried a wide-selection of fresh ingredients and gourmet tools at a reasonable price. Five years later, Kathy's vision has expanded to three stores, and soon a fourth. Kudler has demonstrated successful business strategies to maintain the growth her company has experienced over the life of her company. This paper will examine the primary functions of management as related to Kudler Finer Foods; discuss how technology and the internet are used by Kudler, and how Kudler fits into Porter's Model of Management.... [tags: Business Case Study]
1356 words (3.9 pages)
- Strategic Planning Kudler Fine Foods is committed to providing its customers with the finest selection of the very best foods and wines. Kudler has enjoyed successful growth by standing behind this commitment, but would now like to expand its services, and improve the efficiency of its operation (University of Phoenix, 2006). This requires flexible market strategies that are developed based on analysis of current internal and external forces affecting the company. Proper analysis and implementation will provide a successful strategy resulting in a sustainable competitive advantage (Gomez-Mejia & Balkin, 2002).... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Case Study]
1552 words (4.4 pages)
- As part of its strategic growth plan to attract new customers, Kudler Fine Foods, a gourmet food shop based in southern California, has decided to contract with local organic farmers to provide fresh organic produce to its three existing stores. Owner, Kathy Kudler's incentive for this plan lays in consumer trends which is expects the organic foods industry to grow from $41.2 Billion to $62 Billion in just three years (Progressive Grocer, 2006). Success of this initiative will depend on the careful analysis of affected operations management processes, supply chain activities, and quality control systems.... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Case Study]
1904 words (5.4 pages)