Kudler Fine Foods Background Information
Kudler Fine Foods is a local upscale specialty food store located in the San Diego metropolitan area. The company has three locations (La Jolla, Del Mar and Encinitas). The stores are stocked with the very best domestic and imported foodstuffs. Kathy Kudler, working in another career was looking for other opportunities and to expand her horizons. As it happened, Kathy relieved her stress through gourmet cooking and on a shopping trip for ingredients for a gourmet repast; she suddenly realized that there was an opportunity for an upscale epicurean food shop in La Jolla. Thus, began the creation of Kudler Fine Foods.
Ms. Kudler realizes that in order to facilitate ongoing growth with her company. Kudler Fine Foods needs to find new ways to continue growing and entering new markets; they need to focus on their customer base. Based on our conversations with Ms. Kudler a key goal is to gain improved activity on promotional products and determine the effectiveness of private label coupons.
Utilizing the demographic data from the customer database, create a system that will generate a monthly newsletter with coupons for promotional products. The promotional products will be identified by the purchasing manager each month including the details of the coupons such as quantity, cost and expiration date. The project will also provide reporting on coupon usage and related product sales, therefore, development of a system that uses the current customer demographic database to generate coupons and a monthly...
... middle of paper ...
Stress testing the system and training the users plays a very important part in implementing our design. We will monitor the system, train IT staff and train all users on our newly implemented system. After some time has passed user satisfaction surveys will be issued to our user community for productive criticism and feedback. During this time system documentation will be created. Last but not least, a project team meeting will be conducted for review of failures and successes. A main objective of this meeting will be how to improve our team processes and take note of any tasks that can be streamlined for our next project. As closure for this project we will have one last meeting with Ms. Reynolds and management for final sign off on this project.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Kudler Fine Foods Database Project Background and Business Application Proposal Kudler Fine Foods is an upscale specialty food store, servicing the fine food conesouer from their three California locations. Kudler's business objective is to maximize profits by offering the highest quality products at competitive prices. Through adding the on-line ordering system, Kudler hopes to boost profits by increasing their customer base beyond customers in their local areas. The Kudler on-line ordering system will add three important advantages to Kudler customers.... [tags: on-line ordering system business Essays]
898 words (2.6 pages)
- Kudler Foods has embarked on a project to increase promotional sales for the company. In order to better meet the needs of the customer, Kudler Foods initiated a project to provide a monthly newsletter with information about new products and current promotions along with redeemable coupons for certain chosen products. When Team B was first contacted by the project sponsor, the project had fallen behind schedule and was in jeopardy of failing. Management had serious concerns and wanted help to bring the project back on-track.... [tags: Case Study, Analysis, solution]
1676 words (4.8 pages)
- Strategic Planning Kudler Fine Foods is committed to providing its customers with the finest selection of the very best foods and wines. Kudler has enjoyed successful growth by standing behind this commitment, but would now like to expand its services, and improve the efficiency of its operation (University of Phoenix, 2006). This requires flexible market strategies that are developed based on analysis of current internal and external forces affecting the company. Proper analysis and implementation will provide a successful strategy resulting in a sustainable competitive advantage (Gomez-Mejia & Balkin, 2002).... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Case Study]
1552 words (4.4 pages)
- Kudler Fine Foods is a full service specialty grocery store. It operates from three locations within upscale neighborhoods in San Diego, Ca. As a self proclaimed gourmet cook, Kathy saw that there was need for a centralized location to shop for the ingredients needed to create her dishes. After years in corporate America, Kathy made a decision to turn her passion into a new career. As a result, Kudler Fine Foods was founded in 1998. Management Structure Kudler employs 127 workers. Kathy acts as the company president.... [tags: Case Study Kudler Grocery]
1228 words (3.5 pages)
- Job Design and Structure: Kudler Fine Foods Introduction Kathy Kudler the founder is driven to be successful with this initiative. She takes an effective part of the store operations. The diversity of Kudler Fine Foods was six months planning project before commencement. Kudler’s organizational structure is very personal, which is illustrated as a functional structure. A functional structure "clusters people with similar skills in a department" (Gomez-Mejia & Balkin 2002). Kudler illustrates this by simply having a different variety of departments that are apart of Kudler (including the store manager, department manager, specialty department worker, stock person, cashier and bagg... [tags: Business Analysis]
1874 words (5.4 pages)
- Marketing of Kudler Fine Foods Introduction Kudler Fine Foods has experienced a significant growth and is now focused on expanding the services, improving the efficiency of its operations and increasing the consumer purchase cycle as a means to increasing the loyalty and profitability of its consumers. The American Marketing association states that "marketing is an organizational function and a set of processes for creating, communicating, and delivering value to customers and collecting for managing customer relationships in ways that benefit the organization and it... [tags: Business Marketing Analysis]
1695 words (4.8 pages)
- Kudler Fine Foods boasts a produce department containing “over 350 fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs and spices” (University of Phoenix, 2008). This also includes a diverse variety of apples, Asian produce and herbs, and an emphasis on healthy living by providing both organic and non-organic lines of produce. An arrangement with local growers offering 100% organic produce was reached and the line is now offered and marketed in all three Kudler Foods retail stores and changes are pending because of the decision to carry the product.... [tags: Business Strategy]
1814 words (5.2 pages)
- The Company The company is a store name Kudler Fine Foods, supplying the freshest ingredients and the tools enabling their customers to become a gourmet cook. They are a specialized food store with a worldwide selection of vegetables, meats, wines, and cheese, to mention a few. The stores are own by Kath Kudler, became a reality in 1998, and today continues to grow with high expectations offering their customers the convenience of a one-stop shopping experience. Ms. Kudler opens her first store in La Jolla, and after a five-year plan, opens her third store in Encinitas.... [tags: Business Analysis]
1352 words (3.9 pages)
- Analysis of Kudler Finer Foods Kudler Fine Foods is an upscale specialty food store located into San Diego area. Kudler Fine Foods have three stores in California, and every store is 16,000 square feet located in a fashionable shopping center. Each one is stocked with only the best domestic and imported foodstuffs and divided into five departments. The departments are fresh bakery and pastries, fresh produce, fresh meat and seafood, condiments/packaged foods and cheeses/specialty dairy products.... [tags: Business Analysis Management Strategic]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- Kudler Fine Foods is a three-store gourmet grocer in Southern California. Kudler Fine Foods specializes in providing unique and high quality ingredients for the savvy shoppers in search of the finest meats, produce, cheeses and wine (University of Phoenix, 2008). One of the opportunities stated in the Kudler’s strategic plan include offering an expanded catering service. Currently, Kathy Kudler has been providing some catering services through special requests, with very good results both in customer satisfaction and product profit margin.... [tags: Marketing Business Analysis Management]
1523 words (4.4 pages)