To be clear, there are many descriptions used to analyze a person’s ethical behavior. The description used to analyze my behavior is the ethical perspectives of the Williams Institute Ethics Awareness Inventory (EAI). The EAI identifies four CORE ethical perspectives to determine the effect of one’s decision-making. However, this paper will focus on the ethical perspective, Character. Likewise, the paper will compare and contrast my personal values related to the core perspective, Character, with that of Kudler Fine Foods. It is worth noting that sound judgment enables a person to build character and make the right decision in their personal or professional life. In fact, according to the Williams Institute, “Character is a key factor in the workplace because integrity is highly regarded. Also, sound judgment applied in a business strategy within an organization, is relevant to the character profile.” (The Williams Institute of Ethical Management, 2003).
The Author’s Values: Developing positive Character traits are essential to the success of any organization and the EAI results provided valuable insight to my management style. After personally completing the self-assessment test, the following details are the results: The ethical perspective most likely aligned with is Character; and the ethical perspective least likely aligned with is Equity. Character by d...
... middle of paper ...
...ate the ethical standards set. Therefore, resolving any potential problems by displaying leadership, effective communication, and positive ethical behavior.
Character. (2010). In Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary.
Retrieved February 28, 2010, from http://merriamwebster.com/dictionary/character
Hunte, S. (2009, December 9). Character Quotes - Do You Have the Best Character?
Retrieved February 28, 2010, from ezinearticles.com/? Character- Quotes- - -
Do- You- Have- the- Best- Character?&id=3401750
Irwin, Terence. Aristotle’s First Principles. Oxford: Clarendon Press; New York: Oxford
University Press, 1988. p.702
University of Phoenix. (2003). Williams Institute Ethical awareness [Computer
Software]. Retrieved from University of Phoenix, Simulation, MGT521 website.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Business strategy of Kudler Fine Foods Businesses are often preoccupied with the day to day operations of the organization that they lose perspective of the company's goals. Developing a sound strategic plan gives the company a direction for the present and future. The Kudler Company would need to choose a strategy that that is compatible to the company's size, mission and values. The company strategies will need to be flexible to accommodate changes in the market place. Such changes can come from many different forces such as technology, external and internal factors.... [tags: Strategic Management]
1704 words (4.9 pages)
- Kudler Fine Foods is an organization that wants to evolve and mature as a company and implement practices that illustrate their growth as a company. One particular practice that Kudler Foods wants to implement is reaching out and contracting to local farmers to gain access to organic foods for sell within all three branches of Kudler Foods (UOP,2008). By implementing such a new system changes will have to be made primarily within the company’s operations management. This paper will discuss the needed changes and alterations that need to occur in order to maintain their efficiency as a company.... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Case Study Analysis]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- Kudler Fine Foods is a gourmet foods retailer founded in 1998 by Kathy Kudler in LaJolla, California. Kudler offers a wide variety of fine wines and gourmet cheeses, European-style baked goods, organic meats, seafood, produce, and exotic herbs and spices. Appealing to connoisseurs of gourmet foods has enabled Kudler to grow steadily, adding stores in Del Mar in 2000 and Encinitas in 2003 (Apollo Group, 2005). This report will examine Kudlers current management strategy as well as changes in technology and how this can create new opportunities for Kudler.... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Case Study]
1591 words (4.5 pages)
- Kudler Fine Foods Overview of Management Kudler Fine Foods is an upscale specialty food store located in San Diego, California. What started out as a small endeavor has escalated into three stores throughout the San Diego metropolitan area. The three stores are located within existing shopping centers and contain the following departments: bakery and pastries, produce, meat and seafood, condiments and packaged foods and finally cheese's and specialty dairy products (Kudler Fine Foods - Home).... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Case Study]
1757 words (5 pages)
- Kudler Fine Foods is a store unlike any in the grocery industry. Kudler Fine Foods represents a store that could possibly spark a new era within the grocery world. The owner of Kudler Fine Foods, Kathy Kudler, has watched her dream of owning and operating a grocery store that specializes in fine quality food grow within a short period of time. The success of Kudler Fine Foods can be attributed to the innovative ideas, effective leadership, and organizational structure. The overall mission of Kudler Fine Food's "is to provide our customers the finest in selected foodstuffs, wines, and related needs in an unparallel consumer environment.... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Case Study]
1693 words (4.8 pages)
- As part of its strategic growth plan to attract new customers, Kudler Fine Foods, a gourmet food shop based in southern California, has decided to contract with local organic farmers to provide fresh organic produce to its three existing stores. Owner, Kathy Kudler's incentive for this plan lays in consumer trends which is expects the organic foods industry to grow from $41.2 Billion to $62 Billion in just three years (Progressive Grocer, 2006). Success of this initiative will depend on the careful analysis of affected operations management processes, supply chain activities, and quality control systems.... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Case Study]
1904 words (5.4 pages)
- Strategic Planning Kudler Fine Foods is committed to providing its customers with the finest selection of the very best foods and wines. Kudler has enjoyed successful growth by standing behind this commitment, but would now like to expand its services, and improve the efficiency of its operation (University of Phoenix, 2006). This requires flexible market strategies that are developed based on analysis of current internal and external forces affecting the company. Proper analysis and implementation will provide a successful strategy resulting in a sustainable competitive advantage (Gomez-Mejia & Balkin, 2002).... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Case Study]
1552 words (4.4 pages)
- Strategy Assignment Kathy Kudler is the creator of Kudler Fine Foods. Kathy’s primary goal in establishing KFF was to create a retail store that provides a selection of gourmet foods in order to meet the needs of the typical person all within one store. A wide variety of foods are offered at Kudler Fine Foods. The many different departments include gourmet baked goods, dairy, cheese, wine, organic and non organic produce sections, fresh meats, and seafood. Furthermore, the three different retail locations will offer cooking classes in addition to monthly cheese and wine customer appreciation classes.... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Case Study Analysis]
1290 words (3.7 pages)
- Strategy Assessment Kudler Fine Foods Kudler Fine Foods was established by Kathy Kudler in June 1998 with the opening of one store in La Jolla. Her plan was to offer a one stop shopping experience for those people who were in search of quality ingredients for gourmet cooking. Due to the success of the La Jolla store, two additional stores were opened in Del Mar and Encinitas. The mission of Kudler Fine Foods has been modified “to provide their customers with the finest in selected foodstuffs, wines, and related needs in an unparalleled consumer environment” (Virtual Organizations, 2008).... [tags: Case Study Strategy Assessment Kudler Fine Foods]
921 words (2.6 pages)
- The Need of an Upgraded System for Kudler Fine Foods Kudler fine Foods are in dire need of an upgraded system as well as a better constructed database. It is recognized that there are three stores involved, and downtime is unacceptable. This document will outline the requirements needed from different section, such as Marketing, Human Resources, and Management to name a few. Currently, there is a collection of information, but many of the systems are not automated. We will outline areas that we feel need improvement.... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Marketing Finances Essays]
1364 words (3.9 pages)