Krispy Kreme is a well know producer of donuts and pastries alike. They are subtle in their approach to advertising and usually use word of mouth to sell their products. However, with a not so subtle PR stunt on the 25th of September, their name and image was circulating the world of the internet. Krispy Kreme produced a “Double Hundred Dozen” box of donuts. To make these words a reality, that is 2,400 donuts in counting. I came across this image while absorbing my daily dose of the “Ifunny” app for the day. The image and the number struck me with awe, for I am a food lover and the quantity was unimaginable. Krispy Kreme had executed a very well done PR stunt through the use of the social media.
The Krispy Kreme 's aim was to produce this mass of donuts in an effort to promote their catering services. Their tactics are illustrated through their use of this note worth stunt to gain publicity and their use of the social media site Twitter. The Krispy Kreme company residing in the UK created a contest on their personal Twitter account that consisted of a business re-tweeting their promotional image. “360 Resourcing Solutions” was the winner of this contest and was delivered this large box of donuts which took a total of eight people to carry. A tactic in which was very effective that underlined their promotion was their use of numbers.
The Krispy Kreme made their production efforts an image that could be see by a large sum of people. Many individuals tend to see numbers easier than an emotion. Rather than saying they made “a large amount of donuts,” they put the number of donuts, the amount of calories, and the number of people made to carry the box into perspective. These numbers show that they ar...
... middle of paper ...
...ng to promote their product to the University campus as a public but to promote the individuals within the public and their personal social/cultural groups.
Through the means of grasping diversity and using names and general endearing terms such as “friend” and “dad,” as a tactical means, the Coca Cola company has promoted its name on several social planes. This strategy has proven to be very effective in promoting their name and creating a bridge between their product and a sense of happiness. Coca Cola has shaped their image by reaching out to a large public and making it about them.
This specific tactic and strategy was very clever in Coca Cola 's efforts for mass production and sales. Coca Cola encompasses PR to the up-most success. Not only has Cola cultivated a large audience through their means but created a product that was interactive and individualistic.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Krispy Kreme over the years have faced various problems. Included in these problems slow market growth due to shifts in consumer preference and the concern of Krispy Kreme’s fast growth which may result in market destruction of Krispy Kreme’s own position in the marketplace. Consumers on a continuous basis are choosing more healthy and nutritious options that align with their well-being. Due to this shift, many are evading doughnuts which has contributed to stagnant general progression in the doughnut industry.... [tags: Krispy Kreme, Doughnut, Dunkin' Donuts, Berliner]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- In today’s highly competitive market there is an overabundance of companies providing consumers comparable products and services. For a company to be competitive and remain solvent within the market business owners and managers must analyze and utilize multiple strategies to maintain and increase their market share. Of the many strategies the two most commonly utilized are the low-cost and best-cost providers. To understand these two commonly utilized strategies one must review the companies that have successfully implemented them.... [tags: Airline, Marketing, Krispy Kreme]
1869 words (5.3 pages)
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc Case Study Summary In this SWOT analysis, I will delve into the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats that affect the Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. Krispy Kreme is a highly successful company, whose main product, not surprisingly, is doughnuts. The company went public in 2000, and saw a hugely successful increase in share price immediately after. Vernon Rudolph founded the Krispy Kreme company in 1937 in Winston-Salem, NC. The company has since become a leading specialty retailer.... [tags: Business Strategy Management Analysis]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- Focus of the Proposal Krispy Kreme, a leading, well-established brand of high quality doughnuts, is still in a stage of astonishing growth potential. According to Dain Rauscher Wessels equity analyst David Geraty, “Krispy Kreme has established itself as the quality leader in the doughnut industry and is positioned to become the dominant industry player, with 145 retail locations in 27 states, Krispy Kreme is expected to capitalize on the brand conscious consumer’s demand for a consistent, high quality specialty food product” (Minneapolis 2000).... [tags: essays research papers]
1620 words (4.6 pages)
- Case Discussion Reflection 1 KKD seeks to appeal to everyone in their mission to slowly take on the fresh pastry market. Krispy Kreme is not one to limit a target of the public. According to Holland (2003), the company is equally loved by 5-year-olds and 75-year-olds alike. They are also enjoyed by whites, blacks, Asians, and Hispanics. New Englanders and Southerners love them as well as Californians and New Yorkers. Race is definitely not an issue. Only three types of people claim that they do not like Krispy Kreme: nutritionists, Dunkin’ Donuts franchisees, and compulsive liars.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1689 words (4.8 pages)
- Drive, will- power, creativity, independent, self confident, dedication, perseverance, and goal oriented. These words are some of the characteristics that describe a successful business. A business needs drive to continue to strive and focus on the business even during the hardest of times. A good business needs will-power to do what is in the best interest of the business even if running the business is not enjoyable anymore. Creativity is definitely a key factor because with creativity to make the business unique, the business is just like any other corner shop, and will not get the desired attention from the consumer.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
998 words (2.9 pages)
- The long, debated question has been asked for decades… which doughnut company reigns supreme, Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts. Many people believe that Krispy Kreme is better because of it more traditional flavors and being able to get their doughnuts hot and fresh. On the other hand, many people like Dunkin Donuts because it is more modern with many different flavors to choose from and The choices of a variety of hot or iced coffees. Many people love coming into Krispy Kreme and watch their doughnuts being made right in front of them.... [tags: Krispy Kreme, Doughnut, Dunkin' Donuts]
1035 words (3 pages)
- Krispy Kreme doughnuts have been around for approximately seventy-five years. All properly made doughnuts glazed or jelly filled are good and in my opinion they have the best glazed doughnut in the market. Their mission is to “touch and enhance lives through the joy of Krispy Kreme “( http://www.krispykreme.com ). The vision is to “be the worldwide leader in sharing delicious tastes and creating joyful memories” ( http://www.krispykreme.com ). Mr. Vernon Rudolph purchased a “secret yeast-raised doughnut recipe from a New Orleans French chef, rented a building in what is now historic Old Salem in Winston-Salem, NC, and began selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts to local grocery stores within the co... [tags: Krispy Kreme, Doughnut, Dunkin' Donuts]
2285 words (6.5 pages)
- Since I was about four years old I had an obsession with fast food: Krispy Kreme. My obsession takes me way back I can even remember everything growing up. According to my grandmother, whenever we drove by a Krispy Kreme when I was about four, I would say the word "doughnut" seeing the big red circle sign the words saying hot Krispy Kreme doughnuts now. And that is where it all started for me and my favorite type of sweet junk food. Krispy Kreme, in particular, had an influence on me growing up.... [tags: Krispy Kreme, Dunkin' Donuts, Doughnut, Milk]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Incorporates principal activity is to produce and market doughnuts and related items. The operations are carried out through three segments, company stores operations, franchise operations and Krispy Kreme Manufacturing and Distribution. The stores are both retail outlets and highly automated producers of over twenty varieties of doughnuts. The company is a branded specialty retailer, and produces more than three million doughnuts a day. In addition to its Krispy Kreme stores, the company sells its doughnuts in supermarkets, convenience stores and other retail outlets throughout the country.... [tags: Business Marketing Analysis]
1615 words (4.6 pages)