It is vital for organizations to assess the strengths and weaknesses of its functions and activities. As a major market share holder within their industry, Kraft in order to develop and grow is recommended to utilize some basic analytical models used within the business world. These models include the Porter Value Chain (PVC) framework and the Resource Based View (RBV) of unique competencies within their organization. The RBV includes some of PVC identifying primary and support activities. Using these two models will assist Kraft in developing their Strength Weakness Opportunity Threat (SWOT) analysis. In this session long project I will briefly discuss Kraft’s internal operations from a strategic point of view using the RBV and PVC models.
Kraft reports their physical resources, property and plant, as $4,204,000,000 as stated on their 29 December 2012 annual financial statements. Kraft’s has established a network of manufacturing and processing facilities located throughout North America. Kraft operates 37 manufacturing and processing facilities in the United States and three in Canada. All 40 of these facilities are owned by Kraft. Kraft distributes their products through a network of 42 owned and leased distribution centers. Kraft distributes via 39 distribution centers in the U.S. and three in Canada with four owned and 38 of these distribution centers leased. Third-party logistics providers perform storage and distribution services for us to support our distribution network. (Kraft, 2012) These facilities and distribution centers support Krafts’ primary activities of logistics, service, marketing, and operations. In addition to Kraft’s manufacturing and processing facilities and d...
... middle of paper ...
...edia. "Current Ratio Definition." Investopedia. Investopedia, N.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2013.
- - -. "Goodwill Definition." Investopedia. Investopedia, N.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2013.
PR Newswire. "Who is Making Good Decisions in the Reputation Economy? Amazon, Kraft and 3M, According to New Study of U.S. Consumers." Bloomberg.com. Bloomberg, 5 Apr. 2011. Web. 18 Dec. 2013.
Reputation Institute. "The Most Respected Food Companies in the United States Reputation Institute Releases Results of its Global Pulse – U.S. 2008 Study." Reputation Institute. Reputation Institute, 4 June 2008. Web. 18 Dec. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Life is not something simple as we often prefer. There are many different approaches and in most instances we will not find the desired fulfillment in any of them. In the short story “Parkers Back” written by Flannery O’Connor we have a multi-faceted view into the life of the primary character O.E. Parker. In addition we see into the life of Sarah Ruth, Parker’s wife and possibly into the life of author Flannery O’Connor, who died shortly after completing this short story. The characters in this story deal with Tattoos from totally different perspectives and get completely different results.... [tags: Parker's Back]
1283 words (3.7 pages)
- Keep It on the Track Everyone speeds every now and then or drives a way that does not obey the rules of the road. I have a pretty good experience of not obeying the traffic laws, such as flipping my mother’s car or even speeding up to 130 mph, and sometimes drag racing on open road. After a bunch of tickets and raising my insurance rates I came to see that I should keep the reckless driving on the track. I always seemed to not learn from the first mistake when it came to driving, after my first car accident you would think I’d learn to obey driving laws.... [tags: consequences for reckless driving]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Kraft Foods, Inc is the major trademarked food and beverage corporation in North America and the second leading in the world. The company functions in more than 155 countries transversely the globe. Kraft Foods markets the globe's preferred food and beverage brands in five product divisions mostly the beverages, snacks, cheese and dairy, convenient and grocery meals. Kraft Foods or Kraft Foods Inc. (NYSE:KFT) concentrates in the manufacturing and marketing of food products, as well as beverages, snacks,cheese, convenient meals and a variety of packaged grocery products.... [tags: goals, plan, marketing]
893 words (2.6 pages)
- Have you ever felt that sharp pain in your back and wondered “what is going on?” well it could be a cause from what is called Musculoskeletal Disorder. Musculoskeletal Disorder has a wide range of effects on different parts of the human body and affecting over hundreds of millions of people, it causes long-term pain and disability. In this paper we mainly will discuss MSD of the lower back. At one time as many as 85% of the population has experienced lower back pain (LBP) in recent years. For doctor visits the reason has become the second, this is not including those whom do not question or seek advice for the problem and just in hope that one day the pain will go away.... [tags: back pain, musculoskeletal disorder, dentistry]
714 words (2 pages)
- Track and field is a very remarkable sport. Track and Field is an assembly of many different events; some of which include sprints, long-distance running, shot put, and the javelin throw. Track and Field initiated in Ancient Greece, where only nude men were allowed to compete, while women couldn 't even watch. The ancient Olympic games started in the year 776 BC, when Koroibos, a cook from the close-by city of Elis, won the stadium race, a foot race 600 feet long. According to some abstract conventions, this was the main athletic occasion of the amusements for the initial 13 Olympic celebrations.... [tags: Energy, Force, Pentathlon, Running]
1500 words (4.3 pages)
- Jeff Jacoby's Bring Back Flogging This essay by Jeff Jacoby illustrates an authors use of ironic sarcasm otherwise known as satire to defend and illustrate his platform on his position. Jacoby uses in this essay verbal irony (persuasion in the form of ridicule). In the irony of this sort there is a contrast between what is said and what is meant. Jacoby’s claim in simple is he believes that flogging should be brought back to replace the more standard conventional method of the imprisonment of violent and non-violent offenders.... [tags: Jacoby Bring Back Flogging Essays]
1317 words (3.8 pages)
- Track My heart beating loudly in my chest is the only sound I can here. The air, whipping past my face, tries to curb my inertia but I just press on harder and harder. As I make my turn to go into the straight-away, the next man in the relay team comes into sight. I push my legs harder and harder, but I cannot make them move any faster. There is only one hundred meters left to go before the instant I have to pass the baton the next runner. As I am speeding down the lane like a jet about to lift off, I see the fans cheering in my peripheral vision but I remain focused on my objective ahead of me.... [tags: essays research papers]
586 words (1.7 pages)
- Coaching Track Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a successful track coach and coach your protégés to a successful season. Through job shadowing, personal experience, and research, I have found out just how much hard work goes into coaching. Of the more than twenty million Americans who are running today, most who start do so for the wrong reasons, with the wrong attitude, and tend to lose interest after a few weeks or months. Many quit. This is usually because they become concerned with superficial goals such as time and distance and never discover the more profound mental benefits that running offers.... [tags: Papers]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- Track State Championship The pit of my stomach felt as if it was being eaten away by gnawing insects inside. It wasn't just the ordinary butterflies but evil-biting insects. I was standing impatiently on the track quickly sliding further toward the inside as the incoming runner completed her handoff. Screaming encouragements, I waited for Rachel to make her way down the last stretch. We successfully completed our exchange of the baton and I was off. We arrived at Dutch Clark Stadium in Pueblo, Colorado our normal two hours early on a dark, rainy Friday morning.... [tags: Memoir Essays]
1261 words (3.6 pages)
- 60s Research Document 4.1.1,2 History and development of the Multitrack Recorder Multitrack recorders were originally developed in the early 1950s in Germany. The initial principle of multitracks was to divide a tape in two parts and record different sounds onto each and play them back concurrently. The fact that both tracks would be on the same tape would mean they would be synchronised exactly. In classical music recordings of the 1950s, the early two track machines were first used and recorded in stereo.... [tags: essays research papers]
2920 words (8.3 pages)