First, let me start off with the career of Kobe Bean Bryant who is currently on the Los Angeles Lakers. Kobe was first drafted into the NBA in the year 1996 by the Charlotte Hornets, but was later traded to the Los Angeles Lakers. The most amazing part about him being drafted was that he was drafted straight out of high school. He was 17 years old when he was drafted so he couldn’t even sign his first basketball contract his mom had to sign it for him since he was under age. As a rookie Bryant was best known as a high flyer and a fan favorite by winning the Slam Dunk Contest in 1997.
Later through the years as Kobe matured and got better with his Basketball skills he was able to win his first NBA championship. With the help of his teammate Shaq they lead the Lakers to a title win against the Pacers back in 2000. This was the first championship the Lakers won since 1988. But Bryant and his championship run doesn’t stop there he went one to win 2 more championship in the year 20001, and 20002. This was 3 consecutive championship only a few teams in NBA history were able to do that. Kobe didn’t only win championships, but also scoring titles he ...
... middle of paper ...
...tive basketball titles. They made both won scoring titles in the NBA, and they both made at least earned a NBA Finals MVP award. And most importantly they both are Hall of Famers.
They have many differences as well for example Jordan has one more ring than Kobe Bryant. He also has more finals MVP than Kobe Bryant as well. Michael has way more scoring leading in the NBA than Kobe. And Michael during his first year in the NBA was named Rookie of The Year.
In conclusion, I would say from the evidence that has been provided Michael Jordan has had a more successful career than Kobe Bryant. But they are still considered one of the best players to ever play in the NBA. And for sure this comparison between the two will continue to happen as the years go one. The world is just apply that these two individuals had the chance to show their talents to everyone around the world.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Go out to an urban neighborhood and find a game of pickup basketball. Listen if you can hear any of the kids yell “Iso!” What does it mean. It literally means isolation, but on the court it means “Give me the ball and let me do it myself.” In Forty Million Dollar Slaves, author William C. Rhoden argues white journalists perpetuated the stereotype that black athletes are selfish with a “one-on-one” mentality. However, Rhoden fails to acknowledge that this “one-on-one” mindset on and off the field is a very real dynamic, with legitimate cause.... [tags: Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, LeBron James]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- Throughout history, there have been certain controversial topics that have left humans divided. An example of a controversial topic in the world that affects all of us, can be found in the Canadian election ,when Canadians left divided on whom they believe is fit to be the leader of their country. Basketball’s biggest league, the National Basketball Association (NBA) has it’s own election like topic that divides the fans of the NBA with the question: Who is the most impactful NBA player of this era.... [tags: National Basketball Association, Kobe Bryant]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
- Two Basketball Players; Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade There are many basketball players in the world. Throughout the history, some players became more known than other players. Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade are very well known in this world. Although their awards are similar, Kobe Bryant is a better basketball player than Dwyane Wade because of his statistics and records. To begin with, Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade have some awards in common. Both of them have been in the NBA All-Defensive First Team.... [tags: Sports]
631 words (1.8 pages)
- Topic: Jordan being the best basketball player ever Specific Purpose: To persuade the audience that Michael Jordan even now in the present is still the greatest player ever to play in the NBA. Primary Audience Outcome: I the want the audience to understand why there should be no controversy on who is the best basketball player ever. Thesis Statement: Michael Jordan set records and has set the example of what the greatest basketball player can accomplish and really set the standards of what a hall of famer basketball player looks like.... [tags: nba, champion, number 23]
554 words (1.6 pages)
- Could you imagine being nineteen years old and making five million dollars a year. Kobe Bryant, the son of former NBA player Joe "Jellybean" Bryant, jumped directly from high school to the pros in 1996 and enjoyed an impressive rookie season with the Los Angeles Lakers. He also won the Nestle Crunch slam-dunk contest, and was the leading scorer in the Rookie Game during the NBA all-stars Weekend. Kobe Bryant could very well become one of the best basketball players to ever step on a basketball court.... [tags: essays research papers]
681 words (1.9 pages)
- After winning his third consecutive NBA championship, at the peak of his career, Michael Jordan, on October 6, 1993, announced his retirement shocking the entire sports world. Jordan said, "the mental aspect is not the same - the challenge is not as great. I promised myself - and I have said many times publicly - that when the mental challenge began to fade, I would leave. That time is now here." He then decided to pick up the game of baseball, for 1994 baseball season, playing for the Birmingham Barons, an affiliate of the Chicago White Sox in the Class AA Southern League.... [tags: Biography]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- ... Not only was he a very talented high school player but just like Kobe he skipped the collegiate level to head straight to the NBA for true superstardom. The young phenom’s name was LeBron James. Drafted 1st overall by the Cleveland Cavaliers, LeBron was probably the most anticipated rookie to ever come into the NBA. As his career has gone on to this day he’s established himself as one of the greatest to ever play along with the legends including Jordan and Kobe (soon to be legend). Michael Jordan, although an all-around player, was mainly known for his killer instinct and scoring ability along with Kobe Bryant.... [tags: professional basketball players]
1417 words (4 pages)
- At every level of basketball there are players that have shined on and off the court, this is true for two exceptional players like Michael Jordan and LeBron James. The debate over these two marvelous athletes and who is the better of the two, has divided sports fans since LeBron earned his first Finals Championship. For many years Michael Jordan has been seen as one of the greatest players to ever play the game of basketball. Michael Jordan was first drafted into the NBA by the Chicago Bulls as the third pick in the first round of the NBA draft of 1984, after finishing his college career at the University of North Carolina.... [tags: Michael Jordan, National Basketball Association]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- December 21, 1891- The birth of basketball. It has been changed from simply shooting a soccer ball into a peach basket to dunking a seven pound, leather ball into an iron rim. In the early years of the game, basketball was not as popular as other sports. In the 1985 NBA draft all this would change with the emergence of a 6'6" basketball phenomenon from Wilmington, North Carolina. Although going third in the draft, he recreated the game and is known as the best player to ever touch a basketball; he is Michael Jordan.... [tags: Basketball Michael Jordan]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- “The Tainted Record” He has it all: the fame, the fortune, and the fans. Kobe Bryant has anything and everything any living person could want, and as a former NBA champion, he even has arguably more athleticism than most people out there. However, even through his NBA championships and his MVP awards, many people tend to look at Kobe in a very negative way; almost look down on the star for one single occurrence. This may seem harsh, but there is indeed a logical explanation to this seemingly pessimistic attention Kobe always attracts.... [tags: Sports, NBA, A sexual Assault Case]
1415 words (4 pages)