Abel Tesfaye known as The Weeknd released a new album called Kiss land. The album contains ten tracks that last over an hour and a half. Tesfaye is known for the dark and moody tracks produced in his last three mix tapes (Echoes of Silence, Thursday, and House of Balloons), and later repackaged from Republic Records as The Trilogy. His rhythmic voice is just stunning. Though most of his songs on this album are repetitive, the different beats mix it up. Tesfaye’s new album is honestly worth buying. He became an internet sensation and soon recorded his own album.
In each song of Kiss Land, a story of his life is being told. The album includes the musical range of soulful R&B to 80’s pop music. The very first song on the album is “Professional” which Tesfaye is singing about him dealing with not letting anyone know who he really is. Tesfaye never let anyone knew who he really was until Kiss land came out to the public. “Professional” is explaining the feeling of not being a part of the world. The song “Adaption” tells a story about Tesfaye drinking his pain away and using alcohol to forget the troubles of being on tour. The song “Tears in the Rain” the chorus sounds triumphant but is missing a past lover and how he has to adjust to fame. And loving someone else is pointless like “tears in the rain”, “They all feel the same,” he shouts, about the other women that comes into his life. The song, “Wanderlust”, is the only song that has a more upbeat tone out of the entire album; this song was inspired by Michael Jackson. “Wanderlust” tells the story of drug addiction; “precious little diamond” is a symbol for crystal meth.
“…Most of it. I find a sound and run with it. It varies from Stevie Nicks to Gen...
... middle of paper ...
... his cover and wanting the viewer to actually want to know more.
Another reason why this album is so great is that now his voice is more prominent. Unlike the last albums, you don’t get lost in the tone and drift off into space. With Kiss Land, it’s more soulful and personal. This album is all the emotions he is feeling and his wonderfully put in a sedative song. Tesfaye meant to make people feel something and get in touched with their inner self. The depressing tone in songs like Kiss Land or Belong to the World creates a more narcotic/daydream vibe, while other songs, such as Wanderlust, gives people something to dance to. This album is definitely worth buying. In his latest interview with Billboard, Abel Tesfaye says “This is the real deal, the last albums was just the practice round”.
Cover Art: 8/10
In all: 36/40
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Moving weekend. These two words have defined my life several times since my pilgrimage to Colorado. My first few years here were chaotic, unknown, and completely spontaneous. For someone who likes control, a concrete plan at least two weeks in advance, and a generous helping of consistent routine, my first days, weeks, years, where I was but a nomadic, semi-"homeless" wanderer were met with the most challenging and illuminating moments I have yet encountered. As my husband and I prepared for the next chapter in our short story of a marriage, we were welcomed by several emotions.... [tags: Suffering, Pain, Weekend, Workweek]
1375 words (3.9 pages)
- A Weekend at NASCAR As most people are aware, NASCAR is the fastest growing sport in America. NASCAR, or the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, has become a national phenomenon and is attended by millions of Americans of year. The NASCAR season begins in February at the speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida, and runs until November where it concludes at the final race in Homestead, Florida. The season consists of 36 races at tracks throughout the United States. Some tracks, such as Daytona and Texas, sponsor two races each season.... [tags: Auto Racting]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- This weekend, Edna and George Appiah are getting married. The couple met 4 years ago in Toronto, Ontario. They have been dating for a year and have been courting for three years. After 3 years of saving up, George was finally able to save up to buy Edna’s dowry from her parents. George went to his mother to tell his mother that he was ready to marry Edna as is customary in the Akan tradition. His mother then told his father and George’s father was able look into Edna’s family to determine if there was anything that was unsatisfactory.... [tags: Marriage, Wedding, Family, Wife]
837 words (2.4 pages)
- In the novel The Lost Weekend, the author, Charles Jackson uses alcohol to display that the main character Don Birnam is a homosexual. The reader gets to spend six days with Birnam as he drunkenly reminisces on his past, present, and future. Although Charles Jackson does not indicate that Birnam is a homosexual, the details given suggests that Birnam is a homosexual alcoholic who spends most of the novel in gay bars. In the beginning, the reader meets Birnam who ditches his brother on a trip out of the city.... [tags: Homosexuality, LGBT, Alcoholic beverage]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Family Weekend The film Family Weekend was not given a fair shake. Family Weekend is story of a dysfunctional family. Eldest daughter Emily comes up with the plan of kidnapping her parents in order to save her broken family. Emily is a driven girl who is an accomplished jump-roper. Her siblings consist of her older brother Jackson (Eddie Hassell) who is openly gay, her younger sister Lucinda (Joey King) who is movie obsessed, and her youngest brother Mickey (Robbie Tucker) who has the perfect memory.... [tags: Sibling, Family, Kristin Chenoweth, Olesya Rulin]
1468 words (4.2 pages)
- In the early to mid-1800’s, the week end was just that. Week end. Week end was Saturday night, not Sunday. Sunday was considered the first day of the week, not the week end, week-end or weekend. It was not for work or fun, it was for worship, a day of rest. Now it’s week days and weekend. We call the first day of the week Monday, but it is in fact, Sunday. There was no such thing as the weekend as we know it until the 1870’s. Workers put in up to 16 hours a day, 7 days a week. According to A Weekend History Lesson by Krissy Clark, labor organizers worked with the government to get shorter hours.... [tags: labor concessions, benefits, rest days]
944 words (2.7 pages)
- Father and Daughter weekend became my favorite weekends, as a child. My father made sure that it was never boring when FDW (father/daughter weekend) came around. Every weekend, my father had just one goal to accomplish and that goal was to teach me something no matter what. Well, at the age of eight, my father took me fishing for the first time. When my father and I arrived to our destination, at five o’clock that morning, the smell of freshly cut grass slaps me in the face, almost taking my breath away.... [tags: personal anecdote and reflection]
589 words (1.7 pages)
- On a late spring day in 2004, my mother had taken my sisters and me to Walmart to grocery shop. While in the frozen food section, a scruffy, balding gentleman approached the lot of us with outstretched arms while calling my mother’s nickname. Being only seven at the time, I stood in shock as this stranger began having small talk with my mother. He knew my oldest sister by her first name, pointed at me and asked if I was Ashley, and pointed to my younger sister and asked for her name. Those few minutes in the store were actually the interlude for the next ten years of my life.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, Parent]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- Weekend effect is also known as the Friday and Monday effect. A phenomenon in stock market in which stock returns on Monday are comparatively lower than those of the immediate preceding Friday. Some theories explain the effect of weekend by releasing bad news on Friday instead of Monday. Stock market is highly volatile market and it affects the all types of information that investors and tradershave. The trading behavior of investor is not same due to the perception of individual all the investor have different opinion on the weekend trading.... [tags: Stock market, Stock exchange, Rate of return]
1511 words (4.3 pages)
- In the short story "weekend" by Ann Beattie, there is one main central conflict between the main characters of Lenore and George. This conflict arises from that fact that George and Lenore have a child together, live in the same house, yet they have no apparent relationship. George is always bringing back women to the house in front of Lenore and she hides how it hurts her deep down. George’s character is portrayed as an alcoholic older man who does not seem to care too much about anything that is going on around him.... [tags: Ann Beattie]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- Kazakhstan and United States Income Tax Treaty
- Choosing a Textbook Based on the Four Basic Skills
- World War II: Causes and Effects on Europe
- Comparsion of 2008 and 2012 Presidental Elections
- Analysis of George Haggerty´s Anne Rice and the Queering of Culture
- The Infraction of Treaty Six in the Creation of Residential Schools