Michael Joseph Jackson was born in Gary, Indiana on August 29, 1958. He entertained audiences nearly his entire life. His father, Joe Jackson, had been a guitarist, but gave up his musical dreams after marrying Katherine Jackson in order to support a family. Michael grew up in a large family; he had five brothers and three sisters. The Jacksons were fairly poor and lived in a small house with just two bedrooms for eleven people (Barnes). Michael’s first performances were with his siblings as part of the Jackson 5, with famous hit songs “I Want You Back” and “ABC.”
At the age of thirteen, Michael started to work on his solo career and finally in 1979, Michael released the album, Off the Wall. It was a huge hit with two Number 1 singles (Barnes). Michael’s biggest selling album, Thriller, was released in 1982; it had seven top ten singles and won eight Grammy awards. Today, Thriller is still the bestselling album of all time (Barnes).
Michael Jackson led a very interesting and strange, private life. Michael was married twice. His first marriage was to Lisa Marie Presley, daughter of the famous rock singer Elvis Presley. And his second marriage was to a nursing assistant named Debbie Rowe. He...
... middle of paper ...
...nd can-do attitude. He embraced the negative comments about his appearance, by making it a statement about equality and acceptance, and he tried not to let the molestation charges or ruined marriages affect his life. In the end, drugs won the battle with his life, but that’s not the way we remember him. His legacy lives through his songs, music videos, and movies, which tell the story of the good he was trying to bring into the world. He brought the issues of racism and inequality out into the open for people to discuss, and he paved the way for pop artists to freely express themselves, especially through creative music videos and elaborate concerts, and freedom in lyrics. Michael Jackson will forever live on in the music industry and in the hearts of those around the world, remembered for all that he accomplished and he will continue to be an inspirational figure.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Michael Jackson Michael Jackson is a name that is known worldwide. People either love him or hate him, but no one has ever denied that he had talent. This sing songwriter became the King of Pop as he transformed the face of pop music and popular culture across the nation. He started out as the lead singer of the Jackson family popular Motown group called the Jackson 5 (Michael Jackson Biography, n.d.). From there on he began breaking numerous records. As a solo artist, he received multiple Grammys and Guinness world records.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Janet Jackson]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Michael Jackson is known for King of Pop. Jackson full name is Michael Joseph Jackson, he was born on August 29, 1958, in Gary, Indian. Michael Jackson died June 25, 2009, in Los Angeles, California. Michael has a mother name Katherine Jackson and a father name Joseph Jackson. Michael was a singer, music producer, song writer, and a dancer, he also was married twice. Michael was married to Debbie Rowe, November 15, 1996, and had a divorce with her on October 8, 1999. He also was married to Lisa Marie Presley, May 18, 1994 and divorced her on January 18, 1996.... [tags: solo career, african american, singer]
666 words (1.9 pages)
- Anna Zito Samantha Kuenneke Aiden Pressler Michael Jackson Lifetime: King of Pop Section I: Early Life Michael Jackson was born on August 29, 1958, in Gary, Indiana, to an African-American average workers crew. His dad, Joseph Jackson, had been a guitarist however had set aside his musical yearnings to accommodate his family as a crane administrator. Accepting his children had ability, he formed them into a musical gathering in the mid 1960s. At in the first place, the Jackson Family entertainers comprised of Michael 's more established siblings Tito, Jermaine, and Jackie.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Jermaine Jackson]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- Michael Jackson, king of pop was an American singer, songwriter, dancer and record producer. His contribution to the music, dance and fashion industry was immense and he was a global figure so many people around the world. Michael Jackson was born on August 29, 1958 as an eight child of an African American family living in a small house in Gary, Indiana. He faced many hardships during his child such as being abused as a child, as his father confessed to being abusive towards him “ 'I don 't [regret the beatings], ' he said.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Janet Jackson]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- In the documentary “The Michael Jackson Story (1985-2009) BBC Documentary” it explains the life of Michael Jackson as a famous artist. Michael Jackson was born on August 29th 1958 and he is now a world known artist. He is also known as the “King of Pop”. From his early ages as a child to the day of his death, June 15th, 2009, he has inspired many other artists with ideas for music videos, music styles and even dance styles. During his lifetime, he faced many obstacles. Michael’s path towards fame was not very easy from the start.... [tags: Musicians]
580 words (1.7 pages)
- Known for his iconic dance moves and hit songs, Michael Jackson is one of the music industries’ most extravagant and prodigious legends. But was Jackson’s life really as spotless as a “Smooth Criminal” or is there more to his “Human Nature”. From his successful childhood in the Jackson 5 to his outstanding solo career, Michael Jackson endured problematic and morbid situations. Michael stumbled upon painkiller addiction after badly being burnt shooting a commercial. Michael Jackson, although famous, struggled with self-esteem.... [tags: Michael Jackson, the King of Pop]
1286 words (3.7 pages)
- ... If we pay close attention to the lyrics of the song, we notice that Jackson opted to begin the song by having a group of Black youths chanting the line “they don’t care about us”, as though it was an improvised call-and response song (Rossiter, 208). Throughout the song, Jackson attacked the “futility and ignorance” behind the still-prevailing white supremacy and racial marginalization. Some examples of such attacks are “don’t you black or white me”, “I am a victim of police brutality” and “now I’m tired of being the victim of hate” (YouTube 2009).... [tags: notorious African Americans, the King of Pop]
1922 words (5.5 pages)
- Michael Jackson's Impact on Pop Culture What do you get when you add together 13 number one singles, 17 Grammy awards, and over one billion albums being sold across the globe since his first solo debut. As soon as the assignment was given and I found out it was going to be over pop culture of, course my mind went straight to the King of Pop himself... Michael Jackson. The true impact Michael had on pop culture may never be surpassed. Jackson has touched the lives of many through his music, his actions and so much more.... [tags: Michael Jackson, Ku Klux Klan, Music video]
1091 words (3.1 pages)
- Michael Jackson was born on August 29, 1958, and raised in Gary, Indiana by Katherine Jackson and Joe Jackson. Michael Jackson’s parents had a total of nine children and he was the seventh to be born. His singing career initiated at the young age of 5 and was the lead singer of the Jackson 5. The Jackson 5 consisted of the five brothers: Jackie, Jermaine, Tito, Marlon and lead singer Michael. They would play at local clubs and bars, however, fortunately, as their talent thrive, their audience expanded.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, La Toya Jackson]
1060 words (3 pages)
- Willis Wise Mr. Farris Rhetoric 1 November 21, 2017 Michael Jackson Michael Jackson "The King of Pop". Who was Michael Jackson. What did he do. Was he a bad person. Was he really as twisted as people said he was. These questions are often asked when people think of Michael Jackson. Today we are going to answer these questions. Michael was born on August 29, 1958. He was a best-selling American singer, songwriter, and dancer. As a child, Jackson became the lead singer of his family's popular Motown group, the Jackson 5.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5]
839 words (2.4 pages)