- The meeting was called to order at 13:06 by Michal.
PREVIOUS WAREHOUSE, SUPPLY, AND LOGISTICS HUDDLE REVIEW – NO MAJOR CHANGES
- Members glance through the previous warehouse, supply and logistics huddle for any missing information. No missing information was found.
MAJOR ACTION ITEMS
- Action item 1: Josh tasked to speak to Navy Reservist on base to assist in support of the disposal of approximately 25 crates of documents in Bldg.3275.
- Josh/Tucker – said they segregated and prepared 13 crates slated for disposal
- Action item 2: Michal planned to speak to GXM POC regarding Rubber Seal replacement in the Nitrogen Cabinet.
- Action item 3: Facility follow-up update – assigned to Michal.
- Robert – Received approval to set-up the 3 cubical in the warehouse, including 3 NMCI computer drop, and 2 RDTE computer drop
- Action item 4: Open discussion – Team wanted to know if a deadline has been set for demil, wall-to-wall inventory, and frustrated materials – assigned Denise
- Denise said Wall-to-wall inventory is Division led and once she hear something she will keep the team posted
- Denise the demil Led, to continue to support biweekly demil progress status report, whether or not disposal materials has been sent to Bedford.
- Demil has no specific time deadline
- Action item 5: Possible contract updates slated on August 1, 2015 – assigned Michal | Denise
- 13 crates has been segregated and prepared for disposed
- Action item 6: Josh is responsible for outlining the existing warehouse operations outlook.
Sub Task I - involve looking at your current facilities processes.
Sub Task II - Creating an accurate sketch of your warehouse building and floor plan (Ask Doug for warehouse plan).
Sub Task III - ...
... middle of paper ...
Generally, 8 steps are required to make this happen.
- Measure the space you have to work with
- Define the fixed obstacles (columns, walls, doors, clearances, etc.)
- Understand the product stored and handled
- Establish the material flow paths
- Determine auxiliary facility requirements (offices, dock staging, hold and inspection, etc.)
- Generate alternatives
- Evaluate alternatives
- Recommend and implement improvements
- Michal suggested that a folder being created on the share drive for warehouse storage availability.
- Walk-through on temporary hold.
OPPORTUNITY — all members were given an equal opportunity to ensure equal participation.
RECAPPED: Simon—recapped some of the vital points discussed in the meeting and asked members if something was missing.
ADJOURNMENT — Meeting was adjourned at 14:00 pm, until July 11, 2016 @ 13:00 pm
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Logistics has been defined as that type of business planning that focuses its operations in material management, flow of information and capital and efficient service delivery in an organization. Some of the important components involved in the process of logistics include complex information, control systems, and effective communication channels that will make the whole process simple and efficient. A warehouse is also an important part of the logistics system as it plays several roles that are important to both the traders and the target market.... [tags: Logistics, Supply chain management, Warehouse]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- 1.1 Logistics Management Definition Logistics Management concept changes from organization to another. However, the most widespread definition is published by the Council of Supply Chain Management (CSCMP, n.d) which have considered logistics as "the part of supply chain management that plans, implements, and controls the efficient, effective forward and reverse flow and storage of goods, services and related information from the point-of-origin to the point-of-consumption in order to meet customer 's requirements".... [tags: Logistics, Supply chain management, Economics]
1061 words (3 pages)
- Supply Chain Role Omni Logistics is a 3PL business that specializes in transportation services that can be customized to customer’s needs. Teams of dedicated professionals aim to remove risk and variability in the products and suppliers of their clients. Moreover, Omni tailors their services to meet the unique needs of each individual client by combining a unique team, technology, and personal processes. Omni’s program solutions include domestic (air and ground), international (air and sea), air charter, full truck load, LTL rater, security and risk management, White Glove Solutions, distribution, information technology, and business sector solutions.... [tags: Supply chain management, Logistics, Transport]
1063 words (3 pages)
- The term logistics is originally from the military, which consist by the supply of necessary items for national defence. Till 1960s this term was started to be used in the business and management area, it mainly was used to describe the physical distribution. During the development of the management science and technology, during 1970s to 1980s, logistics had more functions, includes the inbound and outbound logistic which separately support manufacturing, with materials management and marketing with physical distribution (Coyle, Langley, Novack).... [tags: Logistics, Inventory, Supply chain management]
790 words (2.3 pages)
- To resolve these issues, many companies are trying to find tools for implementing best logistic management practices. Research has been conducted on the buyer-supplier relationships in logistics. This research will contribute by presenting a study between Strategic buyer-supplier relationship and logistics and supply chain performance. Buyer-supplier relationships impact on firms can be seen from both operational and strategic perspectives (Carr & Pearson, 1999; Lambert & Cooper, 2000). Operational perspective primarily emphasizes the impact on quality and service delivery, and/ or costs.... [tags: Logistics, Supply chain, Supply chain management]
1608 words (4.6 pages)
- Concept Explanation Logistics is a concept that is constantly evolving in today’s world. Its use began in the 1950s and 1960s in a military context, including the “moving, supplying, and maintaining military forces” and was essentially the code word for the economics of warfare. It has now expanded to include the important tools used to develop a competitive advantage in business through better quality from a customer perspective while at the same time lower cost. In the business context, logistics is the coordination of activities that assist products as they flow from the supplier to the manufacturer, and then ultimately to the end user.... [tags: Logistics, Supply chain, Supply chain management]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- The word logistic has originated from Greek word ‘Logistikos’ and the Latin word ‘Logisticus’ which means science of computing & calculating In ancient times it was used more in connection with moving armies, the supplies of food & armaments to the war front. During World War II logistics gained importance in army operations covering the movement of supplies, men & equipment across the border Today It has acquired the wider meaning and is used in the business for the movement of material from suppliers to the manufacturer and finally the finished goods to the consumers.... [tags: Logistics, Supply chain management, Supply chain]
1839 words (5.3 pages)
- The two majors I explored on WCIDWAMI were Supply Chain/Logistics and Business Analytics. I chose Supply Chain/Logistics because it is the major I am going to declare after next semester and it interests me because it is a growing need in this new globalized society and I also like the travel portion. Business Analytics is my backup major and is fueled by my interest in statistics and economic trends. My Supply Chain interest is fueled by my interest in international trade and how it affects world markets.... [tags: Supply chain management, Management, Major]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- The integration of IT with logistics management is an important prerequisite for good logistics management. An electronic commerce portal can be used as a marketing channel in collaboration with existing intermediaries or through bypassing mediators disintermediation will provide high leverage opportunities to the logistics function and increase its flexibility. Hence the development of E-Logistics gets to be fundamental for accomplishment in worldwide operations examine the advancement of electronic markets in logistics with logistics financier frameworks (LBS).... [tags: Logistics, Supply chain management, Management]
1796 words (5.1 pages)
- Report: Has Improvement Of Retail Logistics Made Us Loyal Customers 1.0: Introduction In this report I will be analysing how the retail logistics of Argos and Tesco has influenced us to stay loyal customers to the companies. Due to the lack of time given I have only been able analyse two retailers however if I had more time I could’ve analysed retail logistics further. Supply Chain Management: Supply chain management is the flow system into the organisation. There are two flows within the supply chain, physical and information flow.... [tags: Supply chain management, Logistics, Tesco]
2298 words (6.6 pages)