With the increasing benefits of implementing the technology in the business places, most of the business organizations have identified such technology as one of the crucial aspects for achieving success. The importance of IT has been recognized by most of the business organizations which compel them to implement such technology in their business processes. With the increasing number of business organizations experiencing the benefits of IT implementation, there also evolves a threat of damage to their business processes. As a result, the security of their business has been a major cause of concern. In fact, the aspect of security has been given due importance by these business organizations and as such, it is no longer considered as an event or a part time assignment, rather it has been taken as a continuous process from both, the technology and management perspective. The increasing number of computer hackers has also become a major cause of concern for these business organizations, as they have the potential to badly impact the important information of the organization. As such, the security of technology is the prime concern for all the business organizations (Oliva, 2004).
Some of the tool which were used and some are still in use are:
• Intrusion detection and prevention systems: This was very handy tool but new version named Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) has evolved and rectified the IDPS drawbacks. Intru...
... middle of paper ...
...organization are related to the security of such technology. The major threat is from the hackers who are responsible for causing damages to the important data of the organization. As such, the protection of such technology has been of utmost importance for the business organization to experience its benefits. In this competitive era, it is essential for the business organization to transfer valuable information to their subsidiaries that are in operation in some other countries. In such circumstances, it is essential to have proper security in the technology to be used in data transformation, as any kind of data loss would enable the competitors to outperform the business organization from the market. Thus, the security of information technology that is in use is of prime importance, as it has its impacts on the overall performance of the organization (Thorp, 2003).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Mobile security, also called wireless security, refers to the protection of laptops, tablets, and smartphones, other computing devices as well as the networks they connect to from vulnerabilities and threats which are related to wireless computing. Mobile security is a broad term that entails several issues such as protecting a mobile device from malware threat, reducing risks and also securing the mobile device and its data in the incidences of theft, accidental loss of the device or unauthorized access.... [tags: Security, Computer security, Information security]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- Information security (IS) in modern organizations is of vital importance. Modern era of technology brings certain threats to information security but mostly are from internal factors. Enterprises ensures the need of safeguarding information by analysing information security risk for the business. The risk is managed by defining and implementing information security policies. The paper highlights that support from the senior management is essential in almost all decisions for securing information resource.... [tags: Security, Information security, Computer security]
1368 words (3.9 pages)
- Reasonable Security Standard A “reasonable security” standard can provide specific requirements that every operation of an information system is to ensure protection of data as well as networking communication of hardware and software. The development of a reasonable security standard should be a collaboration of developments that’s derived from the industry and the government. The key is to provide a basic security standard for all information systems across industries that can be rightfully implemented and governed throughout the country.... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Security]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- Computer Information Security Nearly all of us are using devices in our lives, to do everything from going shopping online, to keeping up with our loved ones, and to using the internet for career development and job interviewing. There is almost nothing we can’t do in “reality” then we can’t now do some form of, online. While most of us enjoy the convenience of online usage, we must educate ourselves to be wary of the ways our information is stored and used online. With the following tips and helpful pieces of advice from expert academic literature, and university and community websites, we can learn to protect ourselves from the dangers which come about when we store any information onlin... [tags: Computer security, Information security]
1251 words (3.6 pages)
- The security management world has very dynamic positions across the career fields. It takes all kinds of security professionals and many different roles to get the security mission accomplished. Security professionals are concerned with the homeland and are having more of a presence on a global perspective. The need to have different roles on a global scale will continue as long as security will be needed. Leading and managing in the 21st century has a huge responsibility and needs a serious critical review.... [tags: Security, National security, 21st century, Need]
1604 words (4.6 pages)
- According to Weaver (2014), in the today 's business world, different measures ensure the control of data and information access in the corporate sector. Due to the evolving change in technology, it is beneficial as well as risks do exist that organizations must face protecting assets better. The problems exist while implementing information systems strategically in organizations for maximum productivity and at the same time, and to ensure the protection of information assets and corporate data.... [tags: Information security, Security, Risk, Attack]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- Cyber security, also known as information technology security, focuses on protecting computers, networks, programs and data from unintended or unauthorized access, change or destruction. Most aspects of our lives rely on the Internet and computers, including communications (e-mail, cell phones, texting), transportation (traffic control signals, car engine systems, airplane navigation), government (birth or death records, social security, licensing, tax records), finance (bank accounts, loans, electronic paychecks), medicine (equipment, medical records), and education (virtual classrooms, online report cards, research).... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Computer]
1059 words (3 pages)
- Today’s auditors must possess additional skills in order to perform their work. As more and more businesses use information technologies (IT) and set up an information system (IS) to process all their data, auditors must get acquainted with essential aspects of their clients’ information systems and also make use of information technology in order to perform their duties. In this essay, we will attempt to answer the following two questions: 1) “What aspects of clients' accounting information systems must be understood by auditing professionals?” and 2) “How should auditing professionals use their firm's information technology in performing their work?” As the use of information systems has e... [tags: Information Technology]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- 1. Introduction The advances in information and communication technology (ICT) have made many electronic services possible. This revolution is not only changing the daily lives of people but is also changing the characteristics of interactions between governments and citizens. These changes, in turn, are rapidly being transformed into new forms of government named electronic government (e-government). Indeed, with many Information Technology (IT) applications such as electronic commerce, e-learning, and accompanying stories of success and failure, it is inevitable to participate in the e-government movement (Layne & Lee, 2001).... [tags: Security, Informatics]
514 words (1.5 pages)
- Voit & Die company should apply access control because it is being easily implemented with inexpensive cost, also only authorized employees can access, change, delete files which betters for the security. Asset Security: In inventories of Voit & Die neither disposal plan nor central tracking of equipment is in appropriate place. Thus, company should perfectly apply Security Asset domain. “The Asset Security domain provides the concepts, principles, and structures, to monitor and secure assets” [TBD].... [tags: Security, Computer security, Information security]
858 words (2.5 pages)