Safety on the internet is very important it is a place where anything can happen, and if you’re not careful damage can happen in reality, such as identity theft, stolen banking information and physical harm.
Teenagers are most at risk when surfing on the internet because they use it more than anybody else on average; social websites are where you are most at danger for example my space, Twitter, Bebo and Facebook. People who are out to harm you in whatever way use these websites and pretend to be somebody they’re not, and by pretending to be your friend they may try and persuade you to give them your personal information. It is very important that you do not fall for this because they could be doing the same thing with up to 50 people at a time. You need to keep in mind that whatever you post on the internet stays on the internet, because virtual copies are made by various people and websites when you do. One thing you need to be careful with is posting images of yourself on the internet enables anyone to know what you look like also you must be careful of what’s in the background, for example, if you took a picture in front of your house you might be able to see the house number and street name. When joining a social website you should always look at what privacy settings there are, so you can block off any information that you don’t want people to see.
Instant messenger is almost the same as social websites but with a few differences such as, a person must have your email address first before they can contact you; the dangers are still the same. So make sure you only give out your email address to people you trust, Because it’s the main place ...
... middle of paper ...
...all of the above, most people should be able to keep safe on the internet but it must be kept in mind that it is very easy to fall into a trap set by somebody who has set out to harm you. It is also very important that if you do go to meet someone you met over the internet, that you meet in the middle of the day, in a public place, where there are lots of people and that you bring a friend along so that you keep safe at all times.
IT based research
Non IT research
Essential Computer Security
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Have you ever seen the television show on NBC Dateline To Catch a Predator. Well if you haven’t, Chris Hansen, the host of the show, has a set up to catch predators online who are trying to meet younger children and arrest predators for trying to seduce young children. This is just one case of why parents are becoming more worried for their children to be using the Internet. Parents strive to find ways to keep their children safe while using the Internet and there are several ways you can do that right at home by protecting your children, having the computer in a high traffic place, and blocking websites.... [tags: Internet]
889 words (2.5 pages)
- Keeping the Community Safe by Having a Public Registry The American criminal justice system is designed to provide citizens with a way to pay the debt that was created by their crimes against our society. Americans believe that once that debt is paid by serving the sentence dictated by the courts, citizens who commit these crimes are free to re-enter society, continuing their lives as they see fit. However, some types of crimes are so detrimental to society that extra measures need to be taken after offenders serve their time to minimize the likelihood that they will victimize society again.... [tags: Sex offender, Human sexual behavior, Crime]
2336 words (6.7 pages)
- Based on this, it is quite clear the IPv6 will be necessary to address such an influx of devices to the system. As stated in the article “Appliance Science: The Internet of Toasters (and other things)” (2015), many household appliances already have the capability to connect to the Internet through built-in “low-power signals that are similar to the Wi-Fi signals of your existing home network”. All that is needed to connect these devices is a “central gateway” and then devices will be able to talk to one another.... [tags: History of the Internet, Internet, Vint Cerf]
774 words (2.2 pages)
- In today's society, many aspects of crime committed on a regular basis. Civilians take advantage of people all the time using online resources such as a fraudulent website requiring credit card information to get a free monthly trial. Other examples of cyber crimes are online chatting website, full of predators or websites needing a downloadable program that contains a hacking virus. Sadly, there are many cases of cyber crime all over the internet. The acts of cyber crimes are considered violent acts like any other.... [tags: Internet Crime, Cyber Crime Essays]
1424 words (4.1 pages)
- ... People have the convenience of shopping, without ever having to leave the comfort of their homes. Many proud parents post what seem like innocent pictures of their young children on their first day of school, and tag the location. They post pictures of their young daughters in their new bikini, and add the location. People will shop from unsecure websites, and type in their credit card information. These innocent mistakes end up costing millions of people their children, their belongings, their money, and their identity.... [tags: Identity theft, Privacy, Internet]
1001 words (2.9 pages)
- ... Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, 5001 North Piedras Street, El Paso, TX 79930 Post Traumatic Stress Treatment Center, Substance abuse treatment, Detoxification El Paso Texas Post Traumatic Stress Treatment Center Offers both inpatient and outpatient therapy. A Safe Place to Heal, 2713 Virginia Parkway, Suite 200, McKinney, Texas 75071 http://asafeplacetoheal.com/contact/ Offers inpatient therapy only. The Ranch, P.O. Box 38 Nunnelly, TN 37137 http://www.recoveryranch.com/treatment-issues/trauma-ptsd/ Offers inpatient therapy only.... [tags: Posttraumatic stress disorder]
716 words (2 pages)
- ... You should try to be safe everywhere you go, especially on the streets. Protecting yourself on the street isn’t that complicated, all you have to do is stay alert, for example map out a route that you walk often and familiarize yourself with it. Know where you are going and where the dangerous spots are on your route. Try to dress practical, like in sandals or flip flops, something that would be easy to run in. Try not to “Overload” and carry to much stuff that you don’t need, try to carry what is really essential, like a cellphone.... [tags: keeping safety in mind at all times]
551 words (1.6 pages)
- Visualize a world in which an individual may remain unidentified, communicate with nearly anyone, and have access to just about any bit of information acknowledged by man. Danger’s always present at any time that someone has the opportunity to conceal their identity. Being in contact with family or friends is just one click away, life stories can be shared at a moment’s notice. Information’s at everyone’s fingertips, which can simply be described as, a blessing and a curse. The Internet has paved the way for anonymous interactions, effortless communication, and storage for important information, which has dramatically transformed today’s society.... [tags: consequence, nonexistent, secrecy]
968 words (2.8 pages)
- Imagine a day when you would be in total control of creating your own TV channel lineup. Instead of subscribing to a service from a cable, satellite or phone company that might offer you hundreds of channels you'll never watch, you would be able to select what you want and watch it on your own schedule. That day might not be so far away. Slowly but surely, content that's broadcast over cable networks and through satellite providers is being distributed through the public Internet. News.context What's new: A lot of the technology is in place to deliver TV content via the Internet, where content providers could bypass cable and satellite services and deliver programming directly to viewers.... [tags: Television TV]
1488 words (4.3 pages)
- Editing The Internet Now a days it is common for there to be computers in every classroom. Some people consider this to be beneficial and others believe it to be detrimental. Having access to the internet is great for research and exploration the problem is that it is not always safe for children. This topic is not only important for teachers but for parents also since many children have internet access at home. I say that the internet is not always safe because students may accidentally stumble upon sites which contain pornography, violence, weapons, and other subjects that are inappropriate for them.... [tags: Cyberspace Children Essays]
2455 words (7 pages)