To collect water streaming off the roof, vinyl rain gutters need to be placed so that the roof's edge is over the middle of the gutter. The gutter is also slanted towards the downspout so the water can be directed away from the house. The downspout should point to a sloped area like a driveway to help drain the water away. The gutters come in 10 foot sections so you will want to accurately measure the roof to know how many pieces to order. Mounting brackets or hangers need to be installed every 24 inches, and here again accurate measurement will help you determine how many to order.
Vinyl rain gutters protect your home from rain and water damage by diverting water away from your foundation. Vinyl is much cheaper than copper, steel or aluminum gutters and can cost $15 per foot less than the other types. Vinyl does not rust and never requires painting. The only maintenance that is needed is to clean them out when leaves and dirt clog them up. If you install a gutter filter, the leaves and debris will be prevented from accumulating in the gutter. They are very lightweight and come in pre cut sect...
... middle of paper ...
...uld be repaired as soon as possible. Take care of the small repairs when they happen and this will save you lots of money on more expensive water damage repairs. Some people have their roof cleaned and treated every few years to forestall big repair bills.
Many people live in mobile homes, and mobile home roof repair is an issue that faces the owner from time to time. Metal roofing is standard on most mobile homes, but some also come with shingles. Since mobile homes are moved periodically, the shifting can result in cracks at the seams and fixtures. This damages the roof so that it will leak during the next rainstorm. If a crack is less than 1/4 of an inch wide, it can be filled with patching cement. For larger cracks, melted plastic can be inserted before applying the cement. Two coats of the cement sealer should be sufficient, and it needs 10 hours to dry.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Overview An at home compost system is easier to build and maintain than it appears. Home composting systems can be created and maintained in a few easy steps: choosing and preparing a location, collecting greens and browns as well as occasionally applying moisture, adding green waste, turning the pile and keeping the pile covered. A compost system can easily made and although maintaining a compost system is a long term project, the only long term step is simply collecting elements for the compost.... [tags: Composting, Compost, Recycling]
1408 words (4 pages)
- Home Remedies for Yeast Allergy The prime use of yeast is to ferment food items. Some food items that contain yeast include bread, cheese, wine, beer, cheese, vinegar, mushrooms, and dried fruits. Yeast belongs to the fungi family and is a microorganism that is found in the body and many food items that we eat everyday. Yeast is not harmful when taken in smaller amount and does not cause any kind of imbalance. When the amount of yeast in the body increases, the body may develop some allergic symptoms.... [tags: Health]
934 words (2.7 pages)
- How to Clear a Stuffy Nose (Home Remedies) Home remedies to clear a stuffy nose. A stuffy nose or congestion is caused by inflamed blood vessels in the membranes lining. Blood vessels usually infected due to the cold, flu or some kind of allergy. It can be difficult to breathe with excess mucus in your nose. This can also be a life-threatening for the newborns. A stuffy nose is also uncomfortable and annoying for adults and kids. You can easily clear stuffy noses at home with minimal or no cost.... [tags: mucus, immune system, steam]
841 words (2.4 pages)
- INTRODUCTION How fast do different fabrics evaporate moisture. There are many different types of fabrics that are used for clothing. Generally, fabrics are broken down into two separate groups, natural fabrics and synthetic fabrics. Natural fabrics are fabrics that come from plants or animals. Synthetic fabrics are fabrics that are made from man-made materials. Natural fabrics have been around for thousands of years. There were four great fibers in the fabric industry history. They were wool, cotton, silk and flax.... [tags: Natural Fabrics, Synthetic Fabrics, Moisture]
1059 words (3 pages)
- The brisk weather of fall and winter is approaching, and it's time for everyone to prepare for the harsh months ahead. Humans aren't the only ones who prepare for the cold wind and snow. Animals also prepare food and warm shelter to survive through fall and winter. However, there are animals that decide to take shelter in your house during fall and winter to take advantage of the warmth and strong protection from the elements. While it may be paradise for them, it can be a nightmare for the homeowner.... [tags: practical tips, snakes, rats, squirrels]
514 words (1.5 pages)
- Treating hair to a variety of harsh chemicals like hair colors, hair extensions, hair dyes, is one of the obvious reasons of hair damage along with other reasons. Blow drying, rebonding, treating hair to excessive heat while straightening, perming, and certain hairstyles like braids are other causes of hair damage. Hair can have a dry texture due to chlorine water while washing, over use of hair care products, chemical treatments and pollution. Damaged dry hair can also be due to lack of regular oiling, shampooing and conditioning.... [tags: Home Remedies ]
847 words (2.4 pages)
- Because it is very credible, emotionally appealing, and slightly academically based, bell hooks's essay "Keeping Close to Home: Class and Education" is an essay that I consider to be very touching. While arguing in her essay that the rich class and the working-class should come to respect and understand each other, bell hooks employs three elements of argument: ethos, pathos, and logos. With her usage of ethos, hooks relates her experience as an undergraduate at Stanford. Providing an experience from a time before she went to Stanford, hooks uses pathos to inspire the audience.... [tags: Class and Education]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- Going off to college is probably one of the best things a person can do to further their education. The promise of a degree from a university seems achievable but is shadowed with the many challenges that come with a higher edification. Often many college students find themselves bothered by these obstacles which can determine whether the college student succeeds or not. There are many endeavors in college but it depends on how the student reacts to these situations. This synthesis will examine the motion picture Good Will Hunting and an essay by an author Bell Hooks entitled Keeping Close to Home: Class and Education.... [tags: Synthesis Essays]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- Strong Family Values In Bell Hooks’s essay, "Keeping Close to Home," she suggests that the American educational system forces students to hide, change, or mask the values that they have when they first enter college. While this might be true for some students, this line of thinking does not hold true for me personally. I do not agree with her assertion for, and I have not changed since entering the University of Georgia. The University of Georgia has not placed any pressure on me to change my values due to the fact that I had very strong values when I entered the University, and those same values hold true to me today.... [tags: Family Values College]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- Home My definition of home is not a word I can say or a thought I can think, but a feeling. This feeling is like a calm that settles over me like a blanket, just a quiet assurance telling me I belong in that place. It took me forever to understand where exactly that place was, and the answer was always right in front of me. This feeling would come and go, and I would never recognize it because I knew that only my address and the house that I parked my car at and went in to eat and sleep for 18 years was my home.... [tags: Personal Narrative Home Descriptive Observation]
1781 words (5.1 pages)
- The Current Status of Health Care Reform
- Gibson and Branagh in the Movie Versions of Shakespeare’s Hamlet
- Two of Shakespeare’s Most Successful Comedies
- Moral Relativism and Problems Associated With this Philosophy
- And The Band Played On: Mercy During the AIDS Epidemic
- Michael Joseph Jackson's Life and Work