So how do businesses prevent workplace violence? According to the USDA website the most important portion is a workplace prevention plan. (USDA, The USDA Handbook on Workplace Violence, Prevention and Response, http://www.usda.gov/news/pubs/violence/wpv.htm#three). Prevention of workplace violence begins even before an individual is hired. Proper pre-screening of employment candidates is essential. Many companies have implemented a series of questions designed to show areas of concern for employers. According to Hire the Best People these questions can help an employer spot attitude problems, determine how an applicant handles feedback, help an applicant tal...
... middle of paper ...
...p://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/index.htm. Retrieved October 26, 2011
OSHA. (2002). http://www.osha.gov/OshDoc/data_General_Facts/factsheet-workplace-violence.pdf ). In Workplace Violence. Retrieved October 4, 2011
Parrett, Susan. In person interview. 20 Oct. 2011
Penny, S. (n.d.). Make the Right Hire for Employee Retention. Retrieved from http://hiringthebestpeople.com/
Selby, Jolene. In person interview. 6 Oct. 2011.
UPI (2009, February 4), Happy Employees = More Profit, Retrieved from http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2009/02/04/Happy_employees_more_profit/UPI-47731233770668/
Withers, P. (2002, June). http://www.allbusiness.com/health-care-social-assistance/202739-1.html. In AllBusiness.com. Retrieved October 26, 2011
Workplace Violence. (n.d.). Retrieved October 27, 2011, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workplace_violence#Types_of_workplace_violence
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Most people love animals. They can take a trip go to the zoo to look at various animals that come from many different parts of the world. Depending on the zoo you go to, you can find lions, monkeys, exotic birds, penguins and etc. A goldfish is usually recommended as a great first pet for a child that is looking for responsibility, because they are low maintenance and their life expectancy is short. An amusement park like SeaWorld, has whales, sea lions, penguins and many other water mammals at their parks for our entertainment.... [tags: Killer whale, Whale, Endangered species]
1511 words (4.3 pages)
- Keeping safe on the internet Introduction Safety on the internet is very important it is a place where anything can happen, and if you’re not careful damage can happen in reality, such as identity theft, stolen banking information and physical harm. Social sites Teenagers are most at risk when surfing on the internet because they use it more than anybody else on average; social websites are where you are most at danger for example my space, Twitter, Bebo and Facebook. People who are out to harm you in whatever way use these websites and pretend to be somebody they’re not, and by pretending to be your friend they may try and persuade you to give them your personal information.... [tags: Internet Safety]
984 words (2.8 pages)
- Chobani Motivating Their Employees Keeping Your Employees Motivated The key to being a good manager is to keep your employees motivated to come to work every day. Being motivated for work also makes the morale in the company greater along with keeping your production up. Chobani’s CEO Hamdi Ulakaya has done an awesome thing to make sure his employees do not lose their motivation. How would you feel if your CEO told you that the employees now own ten percent of the company. That seems unreal that a CEO would just give up ten percent of the company to his employees but this is exactly what Hamdi Ulakaya did.... [tags: Motivation, Expectancy theory, Victor Vroom]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- Keeping Leaders Safe. When Millard writes about the morning James Garfield was shot, the notion of presidential personal security was practically unheard of. The politics of the time required that the president be available to the people and public at large. He wasn’t just the figurehead of a struggling government; he was the leader of the free people of the United States of America. President Garfield spoke to the people so that he could speak for the people. The idea had been put forth previously concerning protecting the president, but President Garfield was hesitant to surround himself with guards as he thought this would make him seem unapproachable to the general populace.... [tags: Abraham Lincoln, United States]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- Introduction In the United States, construction has always been one of the most dangerous industries to work in. The number of fatalities that occur in this industry year after year demonstrate this. In 2014, 19.6% of worker fatalities, in private industry, were in construction (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2015) despite the industry comprising only 6.8% of the total work force. This epidemic is not unique to the United States. Essentially every country faces similar problems regarding construction safety.... [tags: Establishing a safe design process]
2910 words (8.3 pages)
- The Information Technology (IT) Security Policy categorizes the guidelines and methods for every part of an individual’s opening and handling of a state government IT assets and sources. An efficient IT Security Policy is a prototype for any state government principle, at which guidelines and practices are determined for the employees ' information and effort. “Information security is all about keeping corporate information safe. Policies address the requirement to protect information from disclosure, unauthorized access, loss, corruption and interference and are relevant to information in both electronic and physical formats” (Micklefield, n.d.).... [tags: Security, Computer security, Delaware]
1352 words (3.9 pages)
- I believe that criminal justice employees are unmotivated. Having almost 20 years of experience in the juvenile justice system there have been times that I have witnessed many unmotivated workers. I have also been unmotivated at times. I believe that many people become unmotivated for several reasons. The biggest reason I feel is due to moral between workers and the supervisor. This happens when the supervisor fails to treat everyone the same. He is strict with some workers and lenient with others or he fails to compliment his workers for a job well done but is quick to write a worker up for infractions of the rules.... [tags: Criminal Justice Employees]
1475 words (4.2 pages)
- The inability of the nation’s lawmakers to negotiate the successful reduction of the deficit has resulted in across the board budget cuts, known as the sequester. The federally mandated sequestration, which required a 5 percent cut to a federal program, has devastating impacts across the public health continuum. Public health is an essential part of keeping Americans safe, and too often the efforts to promote and protect the community are taken for granted. Without the necessary resources to fulfill their duties public health agencies, state and local governments, universities, hospitals, and health centers are failing their obligation to the public.... [tags: Public health, Health, Health care]
1456 words (4.2 pages)
- In Atwood's "Happy Endings", story A, John and Marry fall in love, get married, have several "stimulating and challenging" activities and then they die. Then the story continues with several different variations of this basic love story plot, however, a twist is added to each one. In Story B, Marry loves John, but John does not love her. John is in love with Madge. Mary then tries to kill herself to get Johns attention, but he does not notice, and she dies. In the end, John and Madge get married and live like the first story.... [tags: Happy Endings]
302 words (0.9 pages)
- Safe He had his hands full, but managed to find his key to the door at the First Year Center at Eastern Michigan University and let himself in. As he opened the door, a nice, well-dressed man came up behind him, holding the door to help him in. They entered the elevator together, and the man explained that he was there to surprise his girlfriend, a resident advisor on the third floor. The student with his arms full of bags nodded; he knew her, she was his R.A. Being a nice person, the man helped the student with all of his bags to his door and then asked a favor of him.... [tags: Violence Crimes Safety Papers]
2249 words (6.4 pages)