“If you have the opportunity to play this game of life you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don’t appreciate the moment until it's passed”-(kanye west).
“I’m hungry for knowledge the whole thing to learn everyday to get brighter and brighter that’s what this world is about you look at someone like Gandhi and he glowed Martin Luther king glowed Muhammad ali glows I think that’s from being bright all the time and trying to be brighter”- (Jay-z).
Kanye west had sold many albums through the years which become very successful. He had suffered a terrible loss of a family member and now kanye had also started family of his own. He had sung with other rappers who also have success with songs. Kanye also claims to be changing the face of hip hop/rap and he use to be a music producer.
Kanye west was born on June 8th 1977 he had suffered family problems when he was a little guy his parents had gotten a divorce and had left with his mother Donda West to Chicago and his mom donda got a job to be a teacher at a university in Nanjing china they lived there for a year.
Kanye west began his career in 1996 but before that he was mentored by a dj from Chicago. he taught kanye the basics things for rapping for example kanye had to create his own beats that would go good with the song that he made find the perfect bass the tones the sounds etc every rapper has to this we have to do this process in order to make the music sound great.
Kanye west didn't start rapping at first he was a music producer for awhile. Kanye produced for many artist 90’s and in 2001 he got his big break he started to produced for a different studio that’s when he started to produce my album “the blueprint” for other hip hop artist as well too.
... middle of paper ...
...eline. "Jay-Z: Kanye And I Argued For Four Days Over 'Magna Carta' Songs." The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 15 July 2013. Web. 13 Feb. 2014. Kanye west and jay z conflict
"Jay-Z Biography." Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 13 Feb. 2014. some facts about jayz
"Jay-Z." Google Books. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Feb. 2014. jay-z background
"Jay-Z." Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Feb. 2014. jay-z's past albums etc
"Kanye vs. 50 Cent." Rolling Stone. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Feb. 2014.
"Kanye West Biography." Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 12 Feb. 2014. little more information about kanye
"Kanye West (the Library of Hip-Hop Biographies) (Large Print 16pt)." Google Books. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Feb. 2014.
Simons, Rae. Kanye West. New York: Mason Crest, 2006. Web. 12 Feb. 2014. talks about Kanyes success past and albums
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I was twelve when I first heard the name “Kanye West”. He was featured in a song I rather liked at the time called “Forever” and whilst discussing the song with my friend one afternoon I remarked: “I like Kayne (pronounced like citizen Kane) West’s verse as well” “It’s pronounced ‘Kan-Ye’’ he corrected me with a chuckle. A year later West popped into my life again. I was talking with my aunt about current events, to the extent a thirteen year old can discuss such a thing, and she asked me with a slightly disarming fervor if I was a Kanye West fan.... [tags: Kanye West, The College Dropout, Thought, Jay-Z]
2063 words (5.9 pages)
- Comparison of Kanye West and Jay Gatsby Materialism is a key part of our society. It is something that exists in real life, and is portrayed in Literature. A real life representation of materialism in our society is Kanye West. Kanye West is one of the most successful rappers of our time. He is known for his extreme rants and controversial verses and sayings. Literature is also known for creating materialistic characters. Jay Gatsby from The Great Gatsby, written by F. Scott Fitzgerald, is a great example of materialism.... [tags: F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby, Jay Gatsby]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- “Kanye Ran onto the stage saying, ‘I'm sorry, but Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time!’” (Top 10 Outrageous Kanye West Moments), says Kanye West at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards after Taylor Swift had just won “Best Female Video.” People that are like this have typically not always been this way. They were probably raised as a polite and respectful person before they were exposed to fame and fortune, and other “celebrities,” making them feel like they are the only people on the planet.... [tags: hip hop artist, celebrities, kanye west]
1388 words (4 pages)
- Kanye Omari West, rapper, producer, professional celebrity, and with an ego to match, has forced himself into the limelight of the music industry. Kanye West has made a lasting impression on all of those around him, whether it be a good one or bad. With seven full length albums, a multimillion record label company, and a successful fashion business all under his belt, it’s fair to say that Kanye has done his fair share of creating. Over the last twelve years Kanye went from a young Chicago kid just trying to get his flows off, to one of the most decorated musicians of all time.... [tags: Kanye West, The College Dropout]
2615 words (7.5 pages)
- The group I would like to be apart of is G.O.O.D Music. G.O.O.D is an acronym for “Getting out our dreams.” This group is a recording label founded by Kanye West, who is also a music artists signed under G.O.O.D Music. They do have other music artists in the group such as, John Legend, Big Sean and Pusha T. Kanye west is actually the main reason why I would like to join the label. Throughout this paper I 'm going to address who Kanye West is, what I can learn from being in the group, and why I think I fit well with G.O.O.D Music.... [tags: Kanye West, The College Dropout, GOOD Music]
953 words (2.7 pages)
- Both songs, “A Tale of 2 Citiez” and “All Falls Down,” describe shortcuts to perceived success. They describe scenarios of young adults trying to obtain what they think success is by obtaining material possessions from taking shortcuts. Even with those descriptions of shortcuts people take, they do not promote the idea of achieving success through the shortcuts of obtaining material possessions to try to show others that they are successful since they both express regret and negative attributes related to those actions.... [tags: Kanye West, Syleena Johnson, The College Dropout]
1262 words (3.6 pages)
- The Undeniable Influence of Kanye West Kanye Omari West, an icon of hip-hop, pop culture, fashion and music in general. Kanye Omari West, a person belittled against and a person subjected to a life of racism and hate. Born on June 8th, 1977, Donda West, West’s mother, always knew he was destined for greatness, but did she know her son would turn out to be the Kanye West, a man lacking the respect he deserves for transforming a big part of the music we listen to on this very day. West came onto the scene in the late nineties but didn’t release The College Dropout until 2004, an album that took everybody by surprise.... [tags: Hip Hop Icon, Pop Culture, Fashion, Music]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- ... Rather than allow herself to be assaulted by Gus, she throws herself to her death. A spiral of events occurs which then ends with a state militia (led by the mulatto protégé of a local Congressman) clashes with the Ku Klux Klan (portrayed by the film as heroic figures), with the Klan being ultimately victorious. ((InfoRapid). Although Kanye West did not sexuality abuse a white woman, he did become the victim in an event that lead him to be the most hated person on a television program. Another known fact about the Black Buck is that they reflect white society’s fears about black male power, and the fear that black men might brutalize and rape white women a s retribution against white sla... [tags: sterotype, druckness, outspokenness]
2016 words (5.8 pages)
- Kanye West has produced works that many interpret as exhibiting the struggle of black identity in the post-modern era. In, Twisted Fantasy he could be interpreted as exploring what is known to the Self in juxtaposition to what is unknown, if the ideas he were presenting were to transcend the disconnected chaos of society. Kanye West is world renowned for his somewhat dark lyrics and the prolific imagery of his music videos. He has always gone for the shock value, in music and the real world. While West presents images that are startling, he is reflecting society with a noticeable lack of original thought while at the same time not addressing root causes for the desolation he portrays.... [tags: Lyrics, Music, Music Videos, Hip Hop]
1158 words (3.3 pages)
- Singer/Songwriter for this Era He may just seem like another rapper to you but if you actually listen to his lyrics you can see he’s not like any rapper out there. His name is Kanye West and he was born in Chicago Illinois. He grew up in the “ghetto” and learned to appreciate life. He didn’t learn to really, truly appreciate life until October of 2002. Driving back to his hotel late one night after a recording session, the new-coming rap/hip-hop artist was involved in a devastating, near fatal car accident.... [tags: essays research papers]
596 words (1.7 pages)