The Waterways Watch Society (WWS) is a society that works with the community to identify such sources of pollution of the Marina reservoir and propose solutions to stop it through environmental education and awareness activities. WWS has a bicycle environmental patrol programme since 2005 and the map of this cycling path is shown in Fig-1. This programme consists of various hands-on activities, ranging from environmental science, history and culture to biodiversity at the southern marina of Singapore. It provides a sense of ownership and holistic learning through both positive and negative impacts of human habits and development toward the environment (Waterways Watch Society, 2013).
With the warm tropical climate, it is occasionally difficult to attract participants to take part in these meaningful activities, especially those who could not balance on a bicycle, and dislike outdoor activities. One way to promote participation is to re-design a concept cycling device to take up to four participants to increase the fun and entertaining factor and to attract the amusement of passer-by, bringing attention to the good cause...
... middle of paper ...
...s proportional to the rotation rate. The Coriolis force acts in a direction perpendicular to the rotation axis and to the velocity of the body in the rotating frame and is proportional to the object's speed in the rotating frame.
Cornelius, V., 2008. Kallang. [online] Available at
National Parks Board., 2009. Kallang Riverside Park. [online] Available at:
National Parks Board., 2009. Esplanade Park. [online] Available at:
Waterways Watch Society., 2013. Learning Journeys. [online] Available at:
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- How are you going to spend your free time. Are you going to spend it at home watching T.V. with your friends or are you going to spend it out in the country climbing mountains, rafting whitewater, or carving down the side of a mountain. These are just a few of the things that you can spend your time doing as an alternative to being a lazy sack and staying inside and playing video games. There are many ways people have fun outdoors. Living in Eastern Idaho there are literally hundreds of places to go and things to do that people don’t take advantage of.... [tags: Outdoor Activities, Healthy Living]
2356 words (6.7 pages)
- It is an excellent destination for an amusing day of outdoor activities. Plus, you’ll get a bonus of astonishing scenic views. Concan Texas is an hour and a half to two hours drive from San Antonio. According to Wikipedia, it is a small community known as a popular spot for summer vacationers. It is also a haven for bird watching fanatics during spring-time. Thus, travellers find this location an authentic treat full of outdoor activities. Moreover, Garner State Park features relaxing environment and exciting outdoor activities altogether.... [tags: Travel]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- Enjoyable pastimes come in two forms, indoor and outdoor. Both indoor and outdoor have nearly endless possibilities of things to do. A survey on how much people play outside now versus how much people did 30 years ago found that 50 percent of the adults asked had played outside at least seven times a week while growing up, now only 23 percent of kids play outside. Only recently have kids, teenagers, and adults alike broadened our scope of indoor activities. Outdoor activities have remained the same for centuries.... [tags: Game, Board game, Chess, Dice]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Outdoor Activities Observation We all have the different holdings and separate views and impression of the things around us. Such, distinguished behavior is natural while we are noticed by the everyday routines and task, though there is a place where we can share the common value of relaxation. The park always seems to be the place where we go whenever we want to relax. However, the park is certainly a place of avoiding the constraints of the work or the life. It did, until I have started paying attention.... [tags: park, visitors, relax]
550 words (1.6 pages)
- Introduction Sneakers are a kind of shoes which sole are flexible rubber, and the upper part is made of leather. These types of shoes were designed for outdoor activities mainly as sportswear, but over the recent years have seen changes and modifications and are worn modernly for functions that are not formal. They were worn during sporting activities such as tennis, basketball, baseball, athletics and other physical sports. In England, these kinds of shoes are known as “trainers.” The names vary in different English-speaking countries in Africa, Australia, and Asia.... [tags: Athletic shoe, Shoe, Footwear, Shoes]
1279 words (3.7 pages)
- Getting ready for a summer vacation at the Winter Park Resort. You’re on the right track. We’ll provide some tips and advises too; regarding all the family outdoor activities you can do there. Colorado has breathtaking sceneries which are truly amazing. It can mesmerize your heart. In fact, the sceneries are so surreal that they actually look like paintings. These are maybe the reasons why people are flocking to Colorado for an extraordinary vacation. The mountains are so inviting. It feels like a magnet attracting you to taste its natural beauty.... [tags: Travel, Tourism, Marketing]
1469 words (4.2 pages)
- Activity Experience Please list the number of years you have spent participating in each of the following activities, along with any relevant certifications, experiences, accomplishments, thoughts on each particular industry, etc. List any other activities (relevant to our business) that you have experience in. You may have a lot to say about some activities—please limit yourself to 200 words per activity. If you don’t have any experience in one, just say so; we don’t expect everyone to do everything.... [tags: Skiing, Backpacking]
2041 words (5.8 pages)
- Students in grade school attend school for about 7-8 hours a day where they sit in the same four wall classrooms and develop their intelligence on the same subject. Over time the work ethic of the students begin to decrease. This is where an Outdoor classroom needs to be developed, to enhance the work ethic of the students and, for school club use. For example, outdoor classrooms increase in physical development, capability, and activity of students (How Students Learn, The Outdoor Classroom, The Outdoor Classroom as a Sustainability Education Tool, Why Consider Outdoor Classrooms, Why Outdoor Classrooms Are Important).... [tags: Problem solving, Education, Teacher, Teamwork]
1021 words (2.9 pages)
- Thesis: Out of the three largest international schools in Prague, the Riverside School is the most appropriate choice for international parents, based on the careful evaluation of major points including price, accreditation and outside of school involvement. I. Introduction: What are the best possibilities for international parents to provide education for their children in Prague. II. Czech public schools are not a good choice for international children. A. These schools are not built to educate children coming from outside of the country who do not speak Czech.... [tags: education, parents]
2368 words (6.8 pages)
- Outdoor On-Land and Water Activities in UK I have compiled a detailed report based on two outdoor adventure activities, one land-based and one water-based. Within the report I have looked at a number of aspects: Â· What is meant by outdoor adventure activities and those that are available within the UK and in my local area Â· The benefits of the two activities and; Â· The participants involved within it Â· The role of national governing bodies and regulatory bodies in outdoor adventure activities What are Outdoor Adventure Activities (OAA's).... [tags: Papers]
2165 words (6.2 pages)
- Deliver Us From Evil Symbolism Analysis
- Medical Hot and Cold Packs Experiment
- Why do you Think that Downward Communication is Much more Prevalent in Organizations than Upward Communication?
- The Fountain Made by J.P. Victor Andre in Madison, Indiana
- The Risks of Melanoma Skin Cancer
- History of LBO Religous Factors: Things Fall Apart