The Journey Dream
I’ve always had a rush of angst surge through my veins when thinking about my future, because most of my family comes from a long line of high school and college dropouts. This subsequently led to the urging of my family to get a life career around my middle school year. I’ve never understood the appeal of a family and kids, not in any cynical way, I’d just rather experience the world more before having children. What I’ve always wanted to do is travel the Earth. It’s a simple dream, but for me it’s a way of life I’ve always wanted to implement, but couldn’t. Ever since I was a kid, the one thing that made me happy was going to new places outside of Fresno, and California, but now I’ve gained an appreciation for nature and my surroundings, which only pushed my dream to new heights. To experience the world is to experience life, I say. I’ve already made a decision with a loved one to do this together in the years to come after college. After college, I have a choice to do this, save up as much money as possible for gas and hit the road while playing Rocket-man by Elton John.
Graduating from college is the first step to my dream, and I’d like to get it out of the way as soon as possible, but if I have to stay a couple years in advance I will make the sacrifice. Having a good enough major to still get a job to support two people is something I’m looking into with counselors. I’ve talked to counselors, but I’m still not sure of a major that suits me yet. That and making sure I take the right classes to suit a schedule for a part time job. My good friend might actually get me a job making t-shirts, if not, I’ve also sent applications to Wendy’s, WSS, and Tilly’s. A job that pays minimum...
... middle of paper ...
...loop to Montana, and Idaho. Both these states remind me of something out of a western, but then again most of my destinations do. Lola also has relatives living in Montana, I thought it would be awkward to greet them and introduce myself, and I still don’t like the idea.
Fulfilling my dream to completion would take years, patience, self-determination, and the willpower to keep going. I don’t believe that by doing this, I’ll attain any type of superiority or entitlement that I’m better than anyone else. I wanted to do this for myself in order to prove that I could. I know it may sound childish, but it’s something that I actually care about strongly. This is something that makes me feel like I have a purpose. I feel that by doing this, I’ll have a better understanding of the world when I get out there, and that’s what I want, peace, freedom and a state of mind.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Before watching this film I was very confused on what the Hero’s Journey would be as I thought it was only made for action movies even though I was very much wrong. Being that this film was an ensemble I did not know if it would be possible, but the journey did clearly take place with the father Richard Hoover. The inciting incident takes place when Olive gets the call telling her that she has qualified for the Little Miss Sunshine Pageant. The Call to Adventure is when they must get Olive to the event, and the refusal is when Richard says he cannot because of work however he must accept the call as they are unable to fly as a result of money being tight and Richard is sprung into coming wit... [tags: Little Miss Sunshine, Family, Greg Kinnear]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- When to decide on building a dream House. After living in a large house we decide the moment in time had come to down size. For example our former house was way too big for just the two of us. We realized we no longer need 5 bedroom house. So we decide to begin a new journey start looking for right house. With great excitement we have begun looking thought all differ house plans that were available in our area. We were in shocked there were so countless plans out there to look at. There’s were so many decisions on what we think would be our dream house.... [tags: Rooms, Bedroom, House, Debut albums]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- An Eye of Evil - Original Writing I sat there engrossed in a novel, floating around in another world. I could read all day pretending I was a self-created character in the story. My imagination ran and ran, with pictures spinning round my head. I could turn words into scenes I wish I was that person in the book, imaginary. Suddenly the phone rang. I could feel all the emotions out of the silence. I jerked forwards with shock and stopped breathing for a moment. My eyes came off the book and travelled across to the phone, which I grabbed.... [tags: Papers]
674 words (1.9 pages)
- Gothic Novel - Original Writing Anne Weaver had been an orphan since a baby and had no memory of her parents. It had been difficult occasionally during her twenty three year life as there was little or no sympathy from people or society during these times and she had had to learn how to survive the hard way. She had never had a proper home and she had been living in an alley ever since she could remember with none of the comforts enjoyed by many others. Having managed to successfully beg for food, Anne was on her way home when she noticed a commotion.... [tags: Papers]
1451 words (4.1 pages)
- The World - Original Writing After the dreamless sleep of eons, the time had come for him to awaken, to view what was known only as The World. He traversed the nothingness of the desolate area around him, aimlessly trying to find something, someone, anything. Yet isolation was all he found. The World was a place where the order of time was non-existent and all of intelligent life's technology was lost for all eternity, all under a veil of turmoil. The more he searched, the less he found.... [tags: Papers]
678 words (1.9 pages)
- The Dark. - Original Writing All I see before me is darkness-a cold and chilling sight compared to the warmth my previous life had comforted me with. Everywhere I look is black, not a light or spark in sight. The situation I find myself in is so uncommon, yet so alluring to my senses. My body has become numb from the cool wind blowing, yet the wind seems to touch my mind as well, sending me into panic. Thoughts flow into my head. Where can I go in such a place. Where is there to run to in the darkness.... [tags: Papers]
788 words (2.3 pages)
- Original Writing on Titanic The gloomy day is still fresh in my head. A desolate place in freezing conditions torments my dreams, but the ship is still desirable for in my dreams, the mahogany rooms and being in America. Those dreams still torture me still as they cannot become a reality. My name is William Hamburg. I was a forty-year-old stockbroker, and needed a new tension free life; one with no quarrels with people that I may have disappointed. The Titanic was a key to freedom and pleasure in a new country and with new prospects.... [tags: Papers]
2043 words (5.8 pages)
- The Greek Holiday with a Twist - Original Writing That fantastic day had arrived. I had waited long enough for this holiday, two years, five months, three weeks and three days to be exact. Stuffing all our suitcases, with the limited amount of clothes we were allowed to take, we hurried downstairs to live our dream. 'Come on, Harry'. Shouted mum, standing with her hand on the round, and brass doorknob, halfway walking out of the door. 'O.k., o.k, I'm coming' I said in an excited voice.... [tags: Papers]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Everyone has their goals in life but college is one of those methods used to fulfill those goals. College was always on my agenda. Before I was even born, my parents had created a new pathway solely for me. This road took me on a journey filled with motivation, anxiety, and gratitude that ended up taking me to college. Ever since I was little girl, my parents had motivated me to get straight A’s on every report card that I should bring home. I, being the youngest of the family, never wanted to disappoint my parents.... [tags: High school, College, Secondary school, Grade]
713 words (2 pages)
- Flashing lights, drapes and a welcoming beat blasted from the dance floor. I felt like I was at a Hollywood party, as my eyes skimmed the room full of all my classmates looking glamorous in there suits and gowns. I sat at a large circular table, covered by a silky, white, thick cloth surrounded by my friends; food was prepared with so much delicacy that the mere appearance was enough to fulfil your hunger. The smell tangled my taste buds in indulgence. During our meal a video was played to highlight our high school years, a picture appeared of me in the section labelled “new students”.... [tags: Anxiety, High school, Fear, Worry]
1177 words (3.4 pages)