Purpose of the Study
The purpose of this study is to keep track of the different things that I forgot to do throughout a whole week. I will show any factors that I thought were relevant to the forgetting and some judgment about why I thought the forgetting occurred. Then I will compare my forgetting journal with my grandmother to see how age plays a factor in the occurrence of forgetting.
Does our everyday memory loss affect how we function? Does age play a role in this as well?
I believe that memory loss affects people in different ways. I believe the older a person gets, the more their functionality is affected by their forgetfulness.
I never really thought of actually doing a forgetting journal, but I knew it would be very interesting to do when I got in the class. Every day I find myself forgetting things. Often they are so simple that I pretty much go nuts because I can’t remember. On the first day, the first thing I forgot was the name of song. It wasn’t just any song; it was one of my favorite songs from the past. It was literally on the tip of my tongue and I couldn’t spit it out. So instead of just leaving it alone, I couldn’t just do anything else until I remember the song. I went as far as calling some of my friends to ask them do they remember me singing a particular song a lot. It was very n...
... middle of paper ...
...sh. If we started keeping track of things we need to do, we could just check it every day to help us be on time to meetings, etc.
I think there was one particular limitation of this study. The limitation was that this study only tested one elderly person. I formed my hypothesis solely thinking that all elderly people experience the same things my grandmother does when it comes to memory. I believe that society has formed the ideal “old person” based off what we see in everyday life. Not to mention, there are some elderly people with better memory than young people. I’ve heard that forgetfulness with age is not common. There are many older people who have a lively and aware mind even in their last years. I believe that someone would have to test way more than one person to understand the differences in memory between and old and young person.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Journal Week Eight As I read through our assigned chapters this week, I couldn 't help but think about what could have been. What if the nation of Israel (and Judah later on) would have truly followed after God. What if they would have submitted to His divine kingship, instead of the fallacious leadings of men. What if the children of the Lord would have "inclined their hearts" to His words, and not devoted themselves to forbidden idolatry. Time and time again, the choosen nation of Israel turned from God and His words.... [tags: Bible, Old Testament, New Testament, Jews]
759 words (2.2 pages)
- When thinking about having a baby, I have to consider the financial, physical, and emotional/cognitive effects it will have on me, my partner, and my family. • I am an elementary school teacher and my husband is a golf pro manager for Troon Golf Course Management Company. We presently live in the United States. Together, we make enough money to live a little more than comfortably. However, we have been saving for a new addition to our family for 2 years now. Taking into consideration that we have many friends and an extended family, it is safe to assume that we will have a fair boost in baby supplies from our shower.... [tags: Journal]
2139 words (6.1 pages)
- Each week I have been writing in my identity journal and each time it seem to help answer the question of how do I identify who I am. In are world we identity are self in two ways who we really are and who we what other to believe we are. This is us wearing a mask. In week five and six we had to write our entry was a creative piece—a short story, poem, drawing, or other creative form explore issues of identity. This was for me a poem and a drawing that went with my drawing on how we all wear mask.... [tags: Journal, identity, ]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- “I do not wish to labour in vain!” The silence of the after school halls was shattered by that defiant cry. Two teens were looking at the page that was haphazardly stapled on a board labeled Drama. “Come on Ryan, understudy ain’t that bad.” “Ariel, be realistic, the lead is Mr. Perfect-Attendance himself, George Woods. He has yet to be absent, sick or ill.” “Stranger things have had and could happen.” Ariel replied, grinning awkwardly. “Ya, strange like how that ever elusive role slipped through my fingers.... [tags: drama, school, audition]
1263 words (3.6 pages)
- JOURNAL ENTRY WEEK NINE PART A The five wishes or the advanced directive is a document that is created by the American Bar Associations commission on law an aging in collaborations with the law nation’s leading experts in the end of life care. American Association of Colleges of Nursing, (2011). The document talks about personal, spiritual, emotional as well as medical needs. The contents of this document explains the person that you will want to make health care decisions for, in case you are not able to do so, how you want to be treated in case you become severely ill, the type of medical treatment you want, how comfortable you want to be, how people should treat you and for the family... [tags: Health care provider, Patient, Medicine]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- “I do not wish to labour in vain!” That defiant cry shattered the silence of the afterschool halls. Two teens were looking at a haphazardly stapled page on a board labeled Drama. “Come on Ryan, understudy ain’t that bad.” “Ariel, be realistic, the lead is Mr. Perfect-Attendance himself, George Woods. He has yet to be absent, sick or ill.” “Stranger things have had and could happen.” Ariel replied, grinning awkwardly. “Ya, strange like how that elusive role slipped through my fingers. ‘Oh woe is me.... [tags: short story]
1990 words (5.7 pages)
- The chapters for week four were interesting to me because compensation, both financial and nonfinancial, and safety are important to me in the workplace. Until this class, I had only every considered these topics from the view of the employee, not the employer. I have learned that it is important to look at the issues from both standpoints in order to get a clear picture of the issues. This week I chose several subtopics within these chapters that are the most profound to me. These include determinants of direct financial compensation, nonfinancial compensation, and the benefits of health and safety.... [tags: learning journal week four]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- Journal of Love *If you've been hurt in the past by people dont assume that you will always be hurt, open your heart to someone who you can trust and you will find true love, dont deny yourself of that feeling* *You don't come across that many people that give you butterflies, you just dont* "If two past lovers remain friends, they are either still in love, or never were." "You always overlook the little things in a relationship. It's the times when you wake at 4am and smell his cologne when you know you have made a mistake." "Isn't it funny how you can think you're completely over someone, but if you drive past his house, stumble upon a meaningful song you both shared, or even catch... [tags: Journal Entries Love Relationships Essays]
6299 words (18 pages)
- Forgotten Heroes They were the best of times; they were the worst of times. The effects on a man’s soul are limitless; when it comes to a bloody game we call war. Whether it is from a movie, novel, or personal testimony, the entire account can never be retold. There will always be facts missing, exaggerated points, or skewed visions. You can never tell when a war story is real or completely made up. You can only close your eyes and pray to god it wasn’t ever that bad. During the Vietnam War, or the ‘unpopular war’, many men faced things unimaginable today.... [tags: War]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- Introduction: Journaling is a powerful thing; there are many different uses for a Journal, everything from personal thoughts to keeping an expedition written down for later resource. Many people don’t use Journals which is unfortunate, my focus in this paper is to show the different areas of Journaling and to possibly make it a part of your life. Thesis: My thesis statement is to show the importance of journaling in leadership and other positions. Getting started, it doesn’t take much to get started, all you need is a pen or pencil, preferably a pencil incase you need to change something, but a wise teacher once told me that his mom asked him a very interesting question, “ What do you use o... [tags: essays research papers]
1600 words (4.6 pages)
- Hypocrisy of the Aristocracy in The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
- Stages of Greif in Memorium A.H.H. by Arthur Henry Hallum
- The Rolling Stones and Justin Bieber: Scandals in the Spotlight
- Legislations for the Production and Disposal of Hazardous Wastes
- Aristotle’s Theory of Motion
- The Relationship Between Native American and Modern Medicine, As Explained "Native American Medicine"