The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) physical activity guidelines recommend that adults participate in at least 30 minutes of moderate intensity physical activity 5 day per week or vigorous intensity for a minimum of 20 minutes 3 days per week.1 The ACSM guidelines recommend for postpartum women to start exercising again ...
... middle of paper ...
...lready have a stroller. It also eliminates other barriers such as the issues with childcare while providing personal and health benefits to the mother. There are probably benefits for the baby as well since being outside will provide a different type of stimulation. Mothers would just have to watch out for any over stimulation during their walks if their babies are younger. The baby tends to be the focus of the postpartum period, but it could be beneficial to dedicating a little more focus to the mother in order to promote optimal health and recovery to pre-pregnancy state.
1. Greany JF and Greany KA. The fitness benefits of pushing a baby stroller. J Women’s Health Phys Therap. 2013;37(3):103-107.
2. Evenson KR, Aytur SA, Borodulin K. Physical activity beliefs, barriers, and enablers among postpartum women. J Women’s Health. 2009;18:1925-1934.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- INTRODUCTION People have been discussing if there are any negative effects of using supplements for fitness or bodybuilding for a very long time. Most people agree that if the supplement is of a good quality, it is OK to use them and they have little side effects (Bolger, 2013). In fact, some people even recommend using supplements because of such reasons: is very hard to find natural foods in this era, it impossible to take the nutrition from foods if the sportsman works too hard, and it provides fast and effective results.... [tags: Use of Supplements]
1779 words (5.1 pages)
- Pet ownership has benefits on individual’s wellbeing which is positive psychology, for example researchers have found correlating evidence between pets and stress relieve. All the incredible benefits of having a pet is remarkable, for example researchers found that cat ownership was related to a 40 percent lower risk of having a fatal heart attack. Evidence has also shown that petting a dog reduces blood pressure and lowers heart rate, pets are there for their owners in ways we may never know. REVIEW OF ARTICLE The article ‘The healing power of pets’ states that the human-animal bond can improve pet owners’ physical and mental health.... [tags: Health, Psychology, Clinical psychology, Dog]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Fitness education could, in the immediate future, play a major role in the reduction of childhood obesity, as well as obesity throughout all age ranges, while simultaneously increasing the overall health of all individuals. In order for this to happen, fitness education must be incorporated into all levels of schooling, and be made more available to the adult population who were deprived of it during their school age, adolescent, and young adulthood stages of life. Fitness education is accompanied by a plethora of health benefits asides from obesity reduction which mustn't be overlooked.... [tags: childhood obesity, exercising, fitness]
1127 words (3.2 pages)
- Fitness education is, “A physical education teaching approach that focuses on knowledge and understanding of physical fitness and wellness” (Strand, Scantling and Johnson 360). As a student studying to be a physical education teacher I am greatly concerned that children are not getting enough exercise and making poor choices regarding nutrients. Physical fitness is broken down into five fitness components: body composition, cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, muscular endurance and muscular strength.... [tags: Fitness Education Essays]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- Crossfit: Forging Elite Fitness Elite athletes to grandmothers can use the Crossfit method of fitness to achieve their fitness goals. It is the best and most well rounded fitness program there is in achieving general fitness. Whatever your fitness level and goals, Crossfit has something to offer everyone. Since its inception it has grown in popularity and has helped many reach maximum levels of fitness. This is why Crossfit is the best fitness program there is. Body: The Crossfit Fitness Organization was founded in 1996 by Coach Greg Glassman.... [tags: Fitness, Entrepreneurship]
1040 words (3 pages)
- Medical experts vindicate that following a regular fitness program is one of the most important things people can do to improve their health and prevent disease. Exercising makes the heart stronger and develop into a more efficient muscle. What else can regular fitness do for you. Improves Mental Focus Exercise improves your mental focus. Experts say that regular exercise helps keep your brain sharp by improving your focus and concentration. Studies show exercising decreases the chance of Alzheimer's disease.... [tags: Fitness]
687 words (2 pages)
- With the passage of NCLB, many school reform efforts have been initiated using top-down model in which each school leaders have been charged with initiating bold administrative changes to address the legislation. With the number of leadership theories and models, researchers have become interested in studying those to determine which might bring forth the most significant results for leading such change. Due to the lack of highly qualified administrators and the increasing demands for administrators, Bush, O’Brien & Spangler (2005) studied a program, the Southern Tier Leadership Academy, a collaborative of the New York Education Department.... [tags: Education article review, education research]
1034 words (3 pages)
- Journal Review of Tourism Management Editors and their Backgrounds Tourism Management: Editor: Chris Ryan, Department of tourism Management, University of Waikato, Management School, New Zealand Associate Editor: Stephen Page, Scottish Enterprise Forth Valley Chair in Tourism, Department of Marketing, University of Stirling, Scotland North American Editor: Alastair Morri... [tags: Article Magazine Review Analysis]
1469 words (4.2 pages)
- Many people look for an activity that will better them in every way possible; weightlifting is the greatest activity in the world for such goals. Weightlifting yields so many benefits and it can improve the quality of life for anyone who can do it. Weightlifting is one of the activities that, in conjunction with other exercise and proper diet, will improve overall health, physical performance, and mentality. First and foremost, the health benefits that come from weightlifting are numerous and immense.... [tags: Fitness, Sports]
1765 words (5 pages)
- Critique of an article from the Journal of Applied Physiology "Effect of different protocols of caffeine intake on metabolism and endurance performance" Introduction In 2002, a group of Australian researchers published a paper entitled the "Effect of different protocols of caffeine intake on metabolism and endurance performance". Caffeine use during sporting events has become much more popular and has widely studied. The purpose of the research was to examine the work increasing (ergogenic) effects of differing regiments of caffeine on metabolism and performance while simulating the typical nutritional preparation an athlete would do for a race.... [tags: Physiology Journal Article Critique]
1108 words (3.2 pages)
- Multinational Companies and Their Policies
- The Invention of Different Types of Glasses: Bifocals
- Gender and Health Outcomes: The Impact that Gender Has on The Use of the Healthcare System
- How Liver Cancer Affects The Liver
- Causes of Attending Single-Sex Schools vs. Coed Schools
- The Totalitarian Government of 1984 a Novel Written by George Orwell