The design of Johnson Product’s Management Information System (MIS), will be built with flexibility. The initial design has brought together management, front line employees, the finance department, the business analyst (BA), and the information technology department (IT) into one system. Research from the BA has identified that there is a need for Johnson Products to integrate both, the Ultra Sheen division and the RB70 division. There are procedures and systems that are currently in place that will be used to complement the new system. A process is in place to ease transition.
The management team, as well as the front line employees, that include sale representatives, was a part of the brainstorming process. Each person of the implementation team was asked to fill out a questionnaire on the biggest technological challenges they faced on a day to day basis. They were then asked to state, what they would like to see developed in the new technological system. They were informed to state why. This was done to get a better understanding of unrealized needs.
By forming a well thought out MIS, a simple processes of the normal daily functions will give business analyst the data needed to help drive business needs in a positive direction. Inventory can be regulated by using the Supply Chain Operation Reference (SCOR). SCOR consist of a plan, the source from which the raw goods will come from. SCOR also entails the delivery method to transport the goods, and a system to provide support to customers after purchase. This will be available on both divisions, Ultra Sheen and RB70.
With the help of the Business Analyst and the Information Technology departments, Johnson Products can...
... middle of paper ...
...tion is available. ShipStation updates Finale Inventory.
Finale Inventory will track the inventory from both selling channels, the common shopping cart and Amazon. Six free training sessions are available for $299.00 a month, which allows 8 users, and 4 barcodes licenses. No complex installation is needed. You can launch from the browser. The software is automatically updated upon sign-in. The system is compatible with Quickbooks.
Training. The training for the new system will be gradual. The first targeted group will be the training department. Because it is extremely important that the training department has a thorough understanding of the process, the most intense training will be reserved for this department. After they have mastered the new system, they will be directly responsible for every other employee being trained. This includes the managers.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Johnson Product’s Management Information System The design of Johnson Product’s Management Information System (MIS), will be built with flexibility. The initial design has brought together management, front line employees, the finance department, the business analyst (BA), and the information technology department (IT) into one system. Research from the BA has identified that there is a need for Johnson Products to integrate both, the Ultra Sheen division and the RB70 division. There are procedures and systems that are currently in place that will be used to complement the new system.... [tags: Credit card, Money, Payment, Customer]
1708 words (4.9 pages)
- Design need to be detail. Maintain the layout with the full facilities, machineries to make product, design information system is very important to improve worker 's performance through monitor and controlling. Planning is system planning describe as how management available in various situation. Planning helps to cope with changing environment situation, Managing is also key driver for the operation management. Team work is very important of successful operations. Employee encouragement that is effective on improvement and better performance.... [tags: Management, Quality assurance, Quality management]
714 words (2 pages)
- Walmart Information Management System (IMS) Walmart is a retail giant that just about everyone in America has purchased something from them. It is a one stop shop for anything that a person could ever need. Walmart stores can be found anywhere in fact most people are less than an hour drive away from a Walmart store. Walmart’s success has put many companies out of business. The chains success is primarily from low prices and using an information technology system to meet customer demands giving them a competitive advantage.... [tags: information technology and business analysis]
758 words (2.2 pages)
- 1) What does information management mean to you. Someone has rightly said, "Information management is a bridge between users and technical implementers, between aspiration and reality, between what's unrealized and what's possible." Information drives the economy. If employees of an organization know the value of information based decision making, it can help the organization drive forward. Information Management is about learning the different aspects of information, technology and people. It is about understanding the user groups, their needs and making a useful product.... [tags: Information Management Essays]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- Introduction The purpose of this report is to explain what “Management Information Systems” (MIS) is. This report will discuss how management information system helps different departments in an organization. The functions and advantages of using MIS will also be examined in this report. MIS can deliver a great number of benefits to the enterprises in every industry and it is essential to any business’ success. It involves gathering of data and processing it to provide useful information which is relevant to the company's decision making process.... [tags: Information Technology ]
1842 words (5.3 pages)
- Sharif Mair Professor Catherine White Module 6: Research Review Management Information System SUNY Empire State College Term Project Research Review Part A 1. What did you learn. I learned that customer relationship management systems are practices, strategies, and technologies that organizations and companies use to manage and analyze customer interactions and data throughout the customer lifecycle with the company. With the hopes of improving their business relationship, assisting in customer retention and driving sales.... [tags: Customer relationship management]
1321 words (3.8 pages)
- Since some of my relatives are working in the hospital, and I’ve known something inside of it, I would like to talk about the information system implementation in the Children Hospital in Los Angeles. A hospital information system (HIS), variously also called clinical information system (CIS) is a comprehensive, integrated information system designed to manage the administrative, financial and clinical aspects of a hospital. This encompasses paper-based information processing as well as data processing machines.... [tags: Analysis IT Information Software]
1175 words (3.4 pages)
- Geographic Information System or GIS provides the IT professionals the tools to create “smart maps,” maps that knew a circle represented a sampling point, a rectangle represented a building and a long curvy line represented a road (Hammond, 2006). “Mapifying” data sets identifies the uniqueness of each process involves in data trail. Therefore, a project manager should understand the collision of each process and each process evaluates its success. Understanding what comprises success for the database manager is also vital for the project manager.... [tags: Information Technology]
596 words (1.7 pages)
- The management consulting industry deals in three different areas; risk management, consulting, and information management. In risk management, companies “seek greater protection against unexpected losses , whether from natural disaster, lawsuits, political events, and internet scandals.”1 Information management refers to the internet and how businesses organize and control the information flowing in and out of them2. Consulting combines the two, where businesses employ advisors to help them manage risks and their information to further profit and prevent loss within the company.... [tags: Information Technology ]
1371 words (3.9 pages)
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) has the function that permits simple storage location, which has been available since the earliest computer systems. The main function of a WMS is to manage a warehouse efficiently and effectively. On the one hand, these systems keep record of the storage capacity (Homple & Schmidt, 2007). Other than that, warehousing takes up to 2% to 5% of the cost of sales of a corporation. Today, high competitiveness of global business environment organizations are focusing on Return on Assets, and thus minimizing warehousing costs has become an important business issue to increase its competitiveness (A, Subramanya, & Rangaswamy, 2012).... [tags: information system, computers]
662 words (1.9 pages)