Johnny’s life hasn’t been the easiest to get through. Raised in Kingsland, Arkansas in a small town of Dyess. In his Encyclopedia article about Cash’s life and career, Mcleod explains that his upbringing was in a bible-belt town that published Sunday School Attendance Figures in the weekly newspaper. He was born on February 26,1932 (Bill Miller). While he was a teenager he worked on his family farm and he despised it very much (Kembrew, McLeod). Being born one of seven children, he always had someone to hangout with. During the mid sixties, Johnny became very addicted to drugs, and alcohol. When he got drunk he had a tendency to like to start arguments and to try and fight people. As the author, Bill Miller states, Cash’s reason for his behavior was that he had to keep up with the “hectic world”. The life he lived was definitely was not the easiest but he tried to make the best of it.
On the other hand, Luke Bryan had a pretty great life growing up as a child. Thomas Luther Bryan was born on July 17, 1976 (Student Resources). Everyone calls him Luke because that’s what he has preferred since he was a little boy. Luke was into country music ever since he was born. Tons of memories he made with his family, like sitting in a truck singing country music at the top of their lungs. As he grew up and got older he started to play in front of people and start...
... middle of paper ...
...try. 2014 Scripps Network. LLC. All RIghts Reserved. 2/26/14
Johnny Cash. DeCurtis, Anthony. Rolling Stone. 10/16/2003. Issue 933, pg 70-73.
Johnny Cash: The Life. Patriquin, Martin. Maclean’s. 12/2/2013. Vol. 126 Issue 47, pg 76. 2 black and white photographs
Johnny Cash. “The Man in Black”. Willett, Edward. copyright 2010. 92 CAS. 2/22/14
LUKE BRYAN LIVING THE DREAM. FINAN, EILEEN. People. 8/5/2013, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p113. 1p.
“Luke Bryan” Newsmakers. Vol. 2. Detroit Gale, 2013. Student Resources in context. Webb. 4 Feb, 2014
McKeod , Kembrew. “Cash, Johnny(1932-).” St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture. Ed. Sara Penedergast an Tome Pendergast. Vol. 1. 449-450. Student Resources. 4 Feb 2014
Taste of Country Music. www.tasteofcountrymusic.com 2/23/2014.
Up Close Music Legend: Johnny Cash. Anne E. Neimark. copyright 2007. 92 CAS.2/19/14
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The difference between Americans today and way back when is very different. Johnny Cash and Luke Bryan are both very great men that achieved great things. They are very similar but are also very different. From the 1920s to now, country music has changed drastically from singing about love to having fun and partying, and this shows how different things were important as a whole. Johnny’s life hasn’t been the easiest to get through. Raised in Kingsland, Arkansas in a small town of Dyess. In his Encyclopedia article about Cash’s life and career, Mcleod explains that his upbringing was in a bible-belt town that published Sunday School Attendance Figures in the weekly newspaper.... [tags: country music, singing, love]
1286 words (3.7 pages)
- June Carter Cash helped Johnny cash quit using drugs and also helped him stop drinking. June carter was Johnny cash’s second wife after Vivian liberto and she too was a musician like Johnny cash. “June and john met in 1956 backstage at an Elvis Presley show”. (JOHNNY CASH) They went on touring together and john and June grew fonder of each other. Finally at a show in front of thousands of fans June carter agreed to marry john after he proposed to her on stage. They both lived happily for thirty-five years and they also had a child together named john carter cash.... [tags: biography, musician]
822 words (2.3 pages)
- "Hello, I'm Johnny Cash", the well-known, traditional, and famous words used by Cash before every show he ever played. Johnny Cash was a musical icon who positively impacted not only country music, but other genres as well. John R. Cash (Johnny) was born in1932 to a poor family in Kingsland, Arkansas. Born the fourth of seven children, Cash began working beside his siblings and parents on cotton fields at the age of five (Johnny Cash Columbia). This is where his musical influences began. His mother, Carrie Rivers Cash, would sing hymns and other inspirational music to her children while they would toil long, hot days farming cotton.... [tags: musical icon, the tennessee trio]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- Most of us know of Johnny Cash, the Man in Black. But do we truly know who he is, the legend in the darkness. Not many are able to answer with a solid yes. Some can say he was a great country performer, being completely unaware of how his music, as well as his image, had a tremendous impact on their own lives, including the music they listen to. Johnny Cash was an influential person in American history because his “Man in Black” image helped solidify his place as a music writer and performer, he was able to rebound from the depths of drug addiction, and he pioneered many different genres of music although he was a country singer.... [tags: Biography]
2221 words (6.3 pages)
- Two of the biggest names of 1950s music are Johnny Cash and Elvis Presley. These men helped the music industry become what it is today. Cash did it with a deep, genuine, southern voice, while Presley had the women swoon over him for his quick feet, charisma, and smooth voice. While both had their problems with drugs and alcohol, they managed to have extremely successful careers within the music industry. Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash combined for a total of thirty-one number one hits. The two have sold close to two billion records worldwide along with many gold and platinum records, and a plethora of Hall of Fames inductions and awards.... [tags: music industry, country, rock and roll]
979 words (2.8 pages)
- June Carter Cash helped Johnny cash quit using drugs and also helped him stop drinking. June carter was Johnny cash’s second wife after Vivian liberto and she too was a musician like Johnny cash. “June and john met in 1956 backstage at an Elvis Presley show”. (JOHNNY CASH) They went on touring together and john and June grew fonder of each other. Finally at a show in front of thousands of fans June carter agreed to marry john after he proposed to her on stage. They both lived happily for thirty-five years and they also had a child together named john carter cash.... [tags: music, june carter, drinking, columbia records]
864 words (2.5 pages)
- I have chosen to write about Johnny Cash. He is a popular country music legend whose life spanned 1932 to 2003. I have chosen the Behavioral Model in order to portray his life and actions. The Behavioral Model and behavioral theorists believe that our actions are determined by our experiences in life. The focus of this model is on the subject’s behaviors in response to their environment. These behaviors can either be external or internal. Learned behaviors can help some people cope and lead to productive activities in life.... [tags: Music, Country Music]
1520 words (4.3 pages)
- Which Version Of “Hurt” Would You Prefer. Nine Inch Nails versus Johnny Cash The song “Hurt” written by Trent Reznor and originally performed by his band Nine Inch Nails is a melancholy, haunting song. Nine Inch Nails’ version was recorded in 1994 and rerecorded and released by Johnny Cash in 2002. Each of the performers has a style, which some people would argue is at opposite ends of the spectrum of popular music; one is what is referred to as “Industrial Rock”, the other is country. Indeed, the musical genres are diverse; however, the song “Hurt” transcends the boundaries between old and new, hard and soft, and especially the differences and similarities between these men.... [tags: Music Analysis ]
1368 words (3.9 pages)
- Johnny cash, the man in black is a country legend, him and the Tennessee two, made a name for themselves in the mid 50's. There orignal songs where gospil, but when trying to get a record deal was turned down for the gospil ,but then played a song Johnny cash wrote. The first hit was "Cry,Cry,Cry", other hits were " i walk the line","folsom Prison blues" , and others such as " man in black"" Hey Porter", and " get rhythm". Johnny cash marride his early wife Vivian Liberto in 1954, and moved to Memphis, Tennessee.His band The Tennessee two consited of Luther Perkins and bass player Marshall Grant.... [tags: Biography Biographies Bio]
1668 words (4.8 pages)
- Johnny Walker Sera walked into Circle K on fifth st. without noticing it had not been remodeled since 1986, and that someone from another, more financially kept city might actually find the convenience store to be disgusting, the dirt being so thick on the windows that you could only see blurry faces on the inside. Inside she saw five people in the store and believed that all of them were staring at her, looking through her like they knew more about herself than she did. The clerk, she thought, had even looked up from her monotonous duties at the cash register to glance her wrinkled leathery face in Sera's direction.... [tags: Johnny Walker Short Story Essays]
1308 words (3.7 pages)