Johnny cash was born February 26, 1932 in Kingsland Arkansas. His original name his parents gave him was J.R. Cash but later changed it to john R. cash. John had a big family and grew up always with someone to hang around with. John had six other brothers and they all lived and helped on the family cotton farm. His family was very poor due to the effects of the depression and it was very difficult for his family just to get by. But thanks to the current president Franklin Delanor Roosevelt he gave the family land to farm and help the economy grow and get out of the depression. John joined the air force and served as a radio operator in Germany. When Johnny left the air force he married his first wife Vivian liberto and had four daughters. Though he loved his daughter’s john always longed for a son to take his name. John worked in appliances and went to radio announcer’s school. At that time Johnny cash signed to sun records and began recording songs. John had always been a songwriter and even began learning how to play guitar at the young age of nine. John recorded his songs alongside some of the greats like “Elvis Presley and others”.() When john’s contract ended he move...
... middle of paper ...
..."Johnny cash song lyrics." A-Z lyrics. N.p., 16 Apr. 2014. Web. 16 Apr. 2014.
Cash, Johnny, and Patrick Carr. Cash: the autobiography. San Francisco, CA: HarperSanFrancisco, 1997. Print.
Kakutani, Michiko. "The High Times, and the Hard Ones, of a Gritty Musical Outlaw." The New York Times. The New York Times, 1 Dec. 2013. Web. 16 Apr. 2014.
"Johnny Cash Biography | Rolling Stone." Rolling Stone. N.p., n.d. Web. .
Harden, Lydia Dixon. "Cash, Johnny." World Book Advanced. World Book, 2014. Web. 16 Apr. 2014.
"JOHNNY CASH: Keeps It Simple - American Songwriter." American Songwriter. N.p., n.d. Web. .
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- June Carter Cash helped Johnny cash quit using drugs and also helped him stop drinking. June carter was Johnny cash’s second wife after Vivian liberto and she too was a musician like Johnny cash. “June and john met in 1956 backstage at an Elvis Presley show”. (JOHNNY CASH) They went on touring together and john and June grew fonder of each other. Finally at a show in front of thousands of fans June carter agreed to marry john after he proposed to her on stage. They both lived happily for thirty-five years and they also had a child together named john carter cash.... [tags: music, june carter, drinking, columbia records]
864 words (2.5 pages)
- Johnny Cash is easily one of the most recognizable figures, not only in country music, but also in American culture. His story has been recounted in numerous books and movies, and his life and legacy have continued to live on long after his death. Cash’s life and career took many twists and turns from his earliest exposure to music, to his rise to fame, and his lasting influence on society and music. Cash remains a pervasive figure in the history of music. Johnny Cash was born “J. R. Cash” in Kingsland, Arkansas on February 26, 1932.... [tags: Johnny Cash, Country music, Elvis Presley]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- John R. Cash was an American singer-songwriter, guitarist, actor, and author. He is widely considered one of the most influential popular musicians of the 20th century and is one of the best-selling music artists of all time, having sold more than 90 million records worldwide. Although primarily remembered as a country music icon, his genre-spanning songs and sound embraced rock and roll, rockabilly, blues, folk, and gospel. This crossover appeal won Cash the rare honor of multiple inductions in the Country Music, Rock and Roll, and Gospel Music Halls of Fame.... [tags: Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- "Hello, I'm Johnny Cash", the well-known, traditional, and famous words used by Cash before every show he ever played. Johnny Cash was a musical icon who positively impacted not only country music, but other genres as well. John R. Cash (Johnny) was born in1932 to a poor family in Kingsland, Arkansas. Born the fourth of seven children, Cash began working beside his siblings and parents on cotton fields at the age of five (Johnny Cash Columbia). This is where his musical influences began. His mother, Carrie Rivers Cash, would sing hymns and other inspirational music to her children while they would toil long, hot days farming cotton.... [tags: musical icon, the tennessee trio]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- Two of the biggest names of 1950s music are Johnny Cash and Elvis Presley. These men helped the music industry become what it is today. Cash did it with a deep, genuine, southern voice, while Presley had the women swoon over him for his quick feet, charisma, and smooth voice. While both had their problems with drugs and alcohol, they managed to have extremely successful careers within the music industry. Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash combined for a total of thirty-one number one hits. The two have sold close to two billion records worldwide along with many gold and platinum records, and a plethora of Hall of Fames inductions and awards.... [tags: music industry, country, rock and roll]
979 words (2.8 pages)
- I have chosen to write about Johnny Cash. He is a popular country music legend whose life spanned 1932 to 2003. I have chosen the Behavioral Model in order to portray his life and actions. The Behavioral Model and behavioral theorists believe that our actions are determined by our experiences in life. The focus of this model is on the subject’s behaviors in response to their environment. These behaviors can either be external or internal. Learned behaviors can help some people cope and lead to productive activities in life.... [tags: Music, Country Music]
1520 words (4.3 pages)
- Film Review Walk the Line The movie Walk the Line, is about the life of Johnny Cash and how he became a famous country singer. He was raised on a farm and was very good at memorizing songs. His brother Jack had a goal of becoming a pastor. Jack was working at a saw mill when Johnny decides to go fishing while Jack finishes his work. Jack was seriously injured by the saw and later died of his wounds with Johnny, his mother Carrie and father Ray by his side. Conflicts between Johnny and his father became hard.... [tags: Johnny Cash, Musician]
628 words (1.8 pages)
- Johnny cash, the man in black is a country legend, him and the Tennessee two, made a name for themselves in the mid 50's. There orignal songs where gospil, but when trying to get a record deal was turned down for the gospil ,but then played a song Johnny cash wrote. The first hit was "Cry,Cry,Cry", other hits were " i walk the line","folsom Prison blues" , and others such as " man in black"" Hey Porter", and " get rhythm". Johnny cash marride his early wife Vivian Liberto in 1954, and moved to Memphis, Tennessee.His band The Tennessee two consited of Luther Perkins and bass player Marshall Grant.... [tags: Biography Biographies Bio]
1668 words (4.8 pages)
- THE FIRST COUNTRY MUSIC SINGER BY: MOHAMMED ALOBAID THE FIRST COUNTRY MUSIC SINGER BY: MOHAMMED ALOBAID Is Johnny Cash immortal. We can answer this question by saying that Johnny Cash is immortal indeed. However, this is depends on his performance and people who mimic his performance. Johnny Cash made himself a legendary by beliving in himself first and by practicing what he love until he became what he dreamed to be. Johnny Cash, in my opinion, is the greatest country performer in the United States because no one until today can sing like him or write like his amazing songs.... [tags: Johnny Cash, Country music, Rosanne Cash]
1662 words (4.7 pages)
- Johnny Cash was born February 26, 1932. His parents called him J.R. because they couldn’t settle on the name of John or Ray so they called him JR. His father was a poor farmer who moved the family several times while Johnny Cash was a child. This made for a lot of instability in his younger years. His father farmed and when the farms were not doing so well in the beginning of the 30’s his father packed his family up and moved them to Dyess County in northeastern Arkansas. There was government assistance there to be had.... [tags: Musicians]
1263 words (3.6 pages)
- A Philosophical Excursion: Uncovering New Answers to Existence
- Story of Nature Desire: The Storm by Kate Chopin
- Moving from a Math Class Taught in Classroom to a Math Class Taught Online
- Popular Genres of Music in the US: Hip-hop
- Bacterium Clostrodium Botulinum
- The Great Depression and President Herbert Hoover