To begin with, John Tyler was born in Charles City, Virginia on March 29, 1790. His particular birthplace was on a big plantation called Greenway where he spent his first years. As a child, John was gentle and polite, but could be strong and stubborn when he desired to. His parents, John Tyler Sr. and Mary Marot Armistead Tyler both took care of John and his siblings until they were old enough to care for themselves. As a child, John enjoyed writing poetry and playing the violin in his spare time in order to keep himself occupied.
When he got older, John Tyler was a family oriented man. He married Letitia Christian and the two had 8 kids together. Then, Letitia suffered a stroke and passed away on September 10, 1842, leaving John alone. Luckily, two years later he met and eventually married Julia Gardiner, and they had 7 more children. This became the greatest amount of kids a president had ever fathered back then! However, on January 18, 1862 at the young age of 71, John Tyler passed away from an illness of bronchitis.
Furthermore, John Tyler was someone who took education quite seriously. He attended elementary and secondary school at local Virginia places, and was born and bred to be a Virginia gentlemen of the old school. Although he studied politics, history and law, John thought of becoming a violinist (meanwhile leading the Charles City Rifles team). At age 19, he became a lawyer and studied law with his father as an early job.
John Tyler was soon old enough to enroll in college, and did so at the College of William and Mary in Virgi...
... middle of paper ...
...et the chance to be the leader he was destined to be. Even when the odds were against him and everyone told him to resign, John Tyler shaped the country by being the first vice president to take over the role as president. He is a natural-born Virginia boy who had become the 10th president of the United States, and he stayed strong every moment while in the White House.
"American President: John Tyler." Miller Center of Public Affairs. Web. 3 Mar. 2010.
Chitwood, Oliver Perry. "John Tyler, Champion of the Old South." John Tyler 1939. Grolier Online. Web. 3 Mar. 2010.
"Tyler, John." Grolier Online. MIND. Web. 3 Mar. 2010.
Welsbacher, Anne. John Tyler. Edina, Minn.: Abdo Pub., 2002. Grolier Online. Web. 3 Mar. 2010.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1. Purpose - To prove negligence of both General Palmer Railroad and engineer Lee Thompson in regards to the accident that killed John Goodson. To prove that current railroad regulations and procedures are not adequate to prevent grade crossing accidents. 2. Question at Issue - How are the engineer and railroad negligent. What could have been done by the engineer and railroad company to prevent the accident. Would more training have invoked a different preventative response from the engineer. Are the current railroad safety regulations sufficient.... [tags: Safety, Accident, At-grade intersection]
1115 words (3.2 pages)
- The person I know who implements two or more components of the American Dream is Tyler Perry. Tyler Perry lives the American Dream from certain beliefs. Beliefs that everyone can participate equally and can always start over. Also, the belief that success is the result of individual traits and actions that is under one’s control. Finally, Tyler Perry can be used as an example through different components of the social class. Emmitt (Tyler) Perry Jr was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. He was one of four children.... [tags: Social class, Sociology, Tyler Perry]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- ... I finally realized it was reality when I felt my brother lying on top of me. For a split second I thought my older brother, the one who has always been there for me, my best friend from the minute I was born, was dead. I began to panic. I nervously started to shake uncontrollably. I could feel the anxious sweat and tears roll down my face. As I prepared myself to start screaming for help, he finally sat up and looked over at me. I instantly felt a rush of relief blast throughout my body. I had never felt such relief in my life.... [tags: car, accident, brother, injuries]
711 words (2 pages)
- John Tyler changed history in many ways. Tyler was the tenth president of the United States of America. He was the vice president under President William Henry Harrison. Tyler became president when Harrison died during his term as president. The Constitution states that the vice president will automatically become president if the president dies while in office. As a result of Harrison’s death, Tyler became the first unelected president. (Lisa DeMauro 18). Tyler also played an important role in the American and Mexican War, without this war America wouldn’t be the size it is today.... [tags: United States, American History, President]
1365 words (3.9 pages)
- Last year I got involved in a massive car accident. It was the most terrified part of life. It was the moment. I will never forget in my whole life. Before, I never realized how people really feel when a car accident happens.But,after this car accident I know what really it felt like. It was the moment. My mind was totally feared of driving. I was crushed by the hot metal and cold dirt of car. I was not feeling my arm,my body was numbed.It was felt like my lower body pressed down with monster force.... [tags: Truck, Automobile, Pain, Driving]
1293 words (3.7 pages)
- During the course of this semester, we have studied a number of different topics related to human factors. These topics have ranged from stress factors and safety, to display types and control systems. All of these ideas and concepts play a role on our everyday lives and most of the time we wouldn’t even think about them in the design process. Especially when in the 21st century all that matters is making products cutting edge and breathtaking. But none of this matters when a user sits in a chair for less than thirty minutes and is uncomfortable.... [tags: Occupational safety and health, Safety, Accident]
1449 words (4.1 pages)
- The Chilean mining accident The recent 2010 Copiapó mining accident, to us known as the Chilean mining accident began on 5th of August 2010 as a large collapse at the San José copper-gold mine in the Atacama Desert. During the collapse there were thirty three men inside the mine; trapped 700 meters underground; five kilometers from the entrance. It is not surprising that the public thought that the miners would not have survived the collapse or starve to death. Thou it sounds like there is no escape, the miners survived underground for a record of sixty nine days.... [tags: crisis management, search and rescue]
2776 words (7.9 pages)
- President John Tyler How many people actually know of the tenth president, John Tyler. Well, I bet not very many so I am here to give some facts. Do you know where and when he was born. Hmmm, I thought so. He was born on March 29, 1790, in Charles City County, Virginia. This fine man graduated from the College of William and Mary at the age of seventeen. Not impress enough. In addition, he went on to study law and became an employee for a prestigious law firm in Richmond.... [tags: Papers]
891 words (2.5 pages)
- The Accident A young boy left his school via the back door, fifteen minutes after everyone else had left, and there was a reason for this. At his school Andros was, well he was different, nothing big, he just listened to different music, dressed differently and had, and this was probably the most noticeable thing about him, green hair. He liked the way he dressed, he liked what he listened to, and he liked his hair, too bad nobody else did.... [tags: Papers]
1609 words (4.6 pages)
- Wild Ride Can you imagine being thrown from a car at 30mph. Well, I never thought I could until this happened to me in the summer of 1999. It was a gorgeous June afternoon, and summer had just begun. I had just gotten my license, and I couldn’t wait to go cruisin’ in my parents new yellow Ford Expedition. I had spent the day at my friends house, and now I was on my way home. I was almost home, I just had to turn onto the gravel road to get to my house. While I was turning, I was trying to put in a mix CD I had just made, and trying to turn the corner at the same time.... [tags: essays research papers]
706 words (2 pages)