After clinching the victory of the election in 1960, it was time for Kennedy to start planning for his second presidential race. Part of his plan was to tour the country campaigning in hopes of being reelected. The tour led him to five cities in Texas including Dallas. One of his main objectives was to bring democrats together because Texas was a crucial state to get him reelected. Upon their arrival in Dallas, JFK and his wife joined the governor and his wife in a limousine. With the vice president and his wife in a car behind them, the motorcade was scheduled to make a ten mile tour through the city. The tour of the city was to end at the Trade Mart where JFK was scheduled to speak at a luncheon. Before the motorcade could reach it’s destination, the president was shot in the head and the governor was shot in the chest. The car went quickly to the hospital, which was very close to the scene. The governor was able to recover from being shot, but Kennedy died at the hospital at approximately 1:00. JFK’s body was loaded onto Air Force One. Before taking off, Lyndon B. Johns...
... middle of paper ...
...that have conspiracy theories, but the fact remains that these two events have helped shape our country’s unique history.
Villard, Ray. "Did NASA Fake the Moon Landing?." Astronomy. July 2004: 48-53. SIRS Issues Researcher. Web. 08 Apr. 2014
Thomas, Evan. "Who Shot JFK?." Newsweek. Sept. 6 1993: 14-17. SIRS Issues Researcher. Web. 09 Apr. 2014.
Gest, Ted, and Joseph P. Shapiro. "JFK: The Untold Story of the Warren Commission." U.S. News & World Report. Aug. 17 1992: 28+. SIRS Issues Researcher. Web. 09 Apr. 2014.
Marks, Peter, and Steve Wick. "Real to Reel: Nearly 30 Years After Kennedy's Assassination..." Newsday (Long Island, NY). Jan. 19 1992: 3+.SIRS Issues Researcher. Web. 09 Apr. 2014.
Borenstein, Seth. "NASA Commissions Book to Prove Moon Landing Really Happened." KRT News Service. Nov. 1 2002: n.p. SIRS Issues Researcher. Web. 09 Apr. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- JFK Conspiracy It was fifty-three years ago when the unthinkable happened. The President of the United State was shot by Lee Harvey Oswald at 12:30 p.m. riding in a convertible in front of Texas School Book Depository. John F. Kennedy died thirty minutes later from his wounds. This is how many Americans believe the assassination of John F. Kennedy was carried out, but the assassination may not be as cut and dried as many people would think. There are endless theories to what happened that day. Some are pretty farfetched, but others make a good bit of sense of the tragic day in American history.... [tags: John F. Kennedy assassination, John F. Kennedy]
1275 words (3.6 pages)
- When John F. Kennedy was murdered on November 22, 1963 in Texas, the United States and the rest of the world stood in shock. By the time the beloved president was pronounced dead at 1.00 pm, the streets were filled with mourning tears. The suspected assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald, was arrested an hour later. John F. Kennedy was in a motorcade in an open car with his wife and Texas governor John Connally, driving through the streets of Dallas, TX, when he was shot. After the assassination several experts and conspiracy researchers started to doubt if Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone.... [tags: John F. Kennedy assassination, John F. Kennedy]
1280 words (3.7 pages)
- “Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country” words from an astute man who believed mankind as a whole could make the world a better place. John Fitzgerald Kennedy was sworn into office, unfortunately his reign would not last long because in 1963 he would be assassinated. President Kennedy is one of the most important presidents in United States his image was empowering and inspired many American people. He was a symbol of tradition, family-oriented 1950s value, and represented the greater change during the 60s.... [tags: John F. Kennedy assassination, John F. Kennedy]
1384 words (4 pages)
- After the assassination of John F. Kennedy, there were a lot of conspiracies regarding the mastermind behind the assassination. President Kennedy was assassinated due to him seeking a way out of the Cold war and starting negotiations with the Soviet Union. Charlene Fitsimmons, a friend of JFK was told by an agent named Gary Underhill that he was killed by the CIA and that Oswald was a CIA agent. He was helped and was set up by the CIA to go for it. According to Gary, there were clear evidence of how they made their way through and he couldn’t believe that they got away with it, but they did.... [tags: John F. Kennedy, John F. Kennedy assassination]
1157 words (3.3 pages)
- When John F. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963, Lee Harvey Oswald was seen as the person that shot and killed JFK. After he killed JFK he was later found and killed, without out allowing him a trial. There are many people that believe that Oswald was not the person that killed JFK, but was the fall guy for the murder of the president. Many other people believe that he worked for different organizations that helped him carry out the assassination. There are many different conspiracies about the JFK, which one is the one that makes the most sense.... [tags: John F. Kennedy, John F. Kennedy assassination]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- There are innumerable conspiracies regarding the assassination of John F. Kennedy, but according to the film “Oswald’s Ghost”, after forty years none of the theories have panned out. Certainly, it is human nature to find solutions, to solve the mystery, and to have the answer pan out. That is why countless people have tried to solve the mystery by delving into the past of Lee Harvey Oswald to find out if he was the perfect assassin or if he the perfect patsy. The Occam’s razor explanation, meaning the simplest one is the most likely explanation would suggest that Oswald was the perfect assassin and the only assassin.... [tags: John F. Kennedy, John F. Kennedy assassination]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- While researching the Kennedy assassination there were many articles, saying that the mob was involved in the shooting. The writers were convinced that there was more than one person involved when it came too killing John Kennedy, on that warm sunny day in downtown Dallas. However, while these authors were convinced that there was another party involved, so was the rest of America with eighty percent saying the report was false. The goal of this paper is to bring this topic into the spotlight once more, by connecting the shooting of the president with the mob, and Lee Harvey Oswald.... [tags: John F. Kennedy assassination, John F. Kennedy]
1748 words (5 pages)
- At 12:30 pm on November 22, 1963, President John F. Kennedy rode through Dealey Plaza in an open limousine, accompanied by his wife Jacqueline Kennedy. Seated in front of him was the Texas governor and his wife, along with two other Secret Service agents. Soon after, shots rang out as the limousine turned from Houston Street onto Elm Street into Dealey Plaza. The President had been shot, and so the limousine then sped off toward Parkland Hospital to deliver Kennedy. Years later, numerous conspiracy theories circulated, still no one knows for sure who had pulled through trigger or influenced the assassination.... [tags: John F. Kennedy assassination, John F. Kennedy]
1083 words (3.1 pages)
- A grassy knoll, a picket fence, a magic bullet, a man with an umbrella, a city of witnesses who all say they didn’t see anything, and all in the heart of the city of Dallas. Yes the assassination of President John F Kennedy is filled with mystery and unsolved riddles. The funniest thing about this topic to me was the actually goal of the paper, and I quote “Who killed Kennedy and why?” I will admit I found myself laughing hysterically, because that’s like the easiest question ever right Dr. McDaniel.... [tags: John F. Kennedy, John F. Kennedy assassination]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- On november 22,1963 John F. Kennedy was shot in Dallas,Texas. The Vice President, Lyndon b. Johnson, instantly took over the office after JFK 'S death . Kennedy 's assassination has been pointed to as evidence of the “stability of the american political system” and the futility of trying to change the course of history through acts of violence . The transition was smooth , but with numerous complications due to Johnson years in the white house was reported unpleasant .President Kennedy 's tragic death was shocking over the United States .... [tags: John F. Kennedy assassination, John F. Kennedy]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Land Conservation: For Humanity or for the Sake of the Wilderness
- Fast Food Restaurants And Food-processing Companies Are the Ghost Murderer of Society
- Fibrodyplasia Ossficans Progressiva
- Did Extraterrestrials Help with the Pyramids of Gizah?
- The Expansion of Social Regulation
- Questioning the Effectiveness of Affirmative Action Policies