Some researchers say that the United States has trouble keeping up with the growing market for information technology workers. As the demand grows, the benefits increase for IT workers. Starting salary continues to rise, and companies compete for the best workers, whether fresh out of college or with years of experience.
The $67 billion industry juggernaut that is the video game industry shows no signs of stopping or even slowing down. Video game spending is estimated to reach $112 billion by 2015. In such a large and competitive industry, jobs such as game designers are highly valued. Of course, a game isn’t made and then organized, so game designers are needed to plan and design everything, from story and game mechanics to sound and design.
The video game industry is almost recession-proof, with start-up companies still popping up and larger companies expanding, driving up demand for new jobs. Adults and children alike enjoy the seemingly endless fun just a few video games can provide, and honestly, what kid doesn’t love seeing a brand new video game under the Christmas tree? With the boom in mobile gaming and the estimated trend of further growth in mobile gaming, the outlook onl...
... middle of paper ...
...n Information Technology.
[Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, 1999. 44-57. Print.
"Video Game Design | Learn About the Outlook for Video Game Design Careers." All Art Schools - Directory of Art Colleges - Fashion Design School, Interior Design School, Graphic Design School. Web. 24 Nov. 2011.
"Video Game Producer Job Description, Career as a Video Game Producer, Salary, Employment
- Definition and Nature of the Work, Education and Training Requirements, Getting the Job." Video Game Producer Job Description, Career as a Video Game Producer, Salary, Employment - Definition and Nature of the Work, Education and Training Requirements, Getting the Job. Web. 24 Nov. 2011.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Computers have changed our lives in many many different ways. We do a lot of things from computers and our portable devices such as get music, watch videos, pay bills, order dinner, keep connected with friends on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter, take college classes online, and many other things that I could make a 5 page list of all the things it can help us do straight from home but that would bore you to death. Now that I have told you how computers have changed our lives and how they are used in daily life let me tell you the importance of the people working in computers and IT.... [tags: Job, Computer Systems, Career]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- The field of Computer Science is based primarily on computer programing. Programming is the writing of computer programs using letters and numbers to make "code". The average computer programer will write at least a million lines of code in his or her lifetime. But even more important than writting code, a good programer must be able to solve problems and think logicaly. The working conditions for a programer very greatly. Most banks require their programers to wear a suit and attend an office during normal work hours.... [tags: Computer Programming, Coding]
474 words (1.4 pages)
- Careers in Computer Science and Programming In the year 1995, our family received their first ever computer. It was a Pentium I with a 75 MHz processor, 64 MB ram, a 16x CD-Rom, a 5-gigabyte hard drive, and Windows 95 operating system. I thought it was the coolest thing man has come to know. It had games, and a completely new world called the internet. Not only could you talk to people from all around the world, but also you could watch streaming videos, view pictures, and send e-mails with attached files.... [tags: Technology Jobs Essays]
525 words (1.5 pages)
- Becoming a computer programmer would be great because there are many options in this career by having the ability to produce an operating system, or a game for the world. Computer programmers have many opportunities in life to find a job they would love. Programmers can work independently, or in a big company. Programmers have and are creating the future for computers. Computer programmers have a wide range on what they can do. Computer programmers write the detailed list of instructions the computer will follow in the software (Great Sample Resume).... [tags: technology, computer software]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- Computer Engineer The oldest device invented by humans is thought to be the Abacus. Abacus is a Latin word that has its origins in the Greek word abax or abakon mean “table” or “tablet”. The Abacus dates back to about 3000BC. The Abacus was used when merchants who traded goods needed a way to calculate the cost of the goods (A Brief History of the Abacus 1). Computers since then have evolved dramatically. Computers are a huge part of everyday life, but they need people who can build these computers.... [tags: computer, design, build, test]
768 words (2.2 pages)
- The personal computer underwent drastic changes with the introduction to advanced computing software and hardware. The evolution of computers did not develop on its own; key influential figures such as Steve Jobs and Bill Gates led the revolution of technology. These well-known individuals competed with each other by continually innovating and creating more and more advanced technology. Computer technology moved forward when Intel created 64-bit technology and advanced kernels to compliment the upgrade in processing power.... [tags: Software, Hardware, Bill Gates, Windows]
1604 words (4.6 pages)
- I wish to provide insight into my personality, my achievements, both academic and co-curricular, my vision as well as my motivation to join M.S Degree program in Computer Science and Engineering at the University at Buffalo, State University of New York. I am sure that the distinguished faculty and excellent facilities in the graduation program at the University at Buffalo are ideally suited to my professional goals. With great research areas at the UB including Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning, Augmentative Technology for the Handicapped and Theory of Algorithms among many others, I will work really hard to contribute to those research areas.... [tags: achievements, education, mathematics]
610 words (1.7 pages)
- Computer Engineering - A Carrer as a Computer Software Engineer Introduction The explosive impact of computers and information technology on our everyday lives has generated a need to design and develop new computer software systems and to incorporate new technologies in a rapidly growing range of applications. The tasks performed by workers known as computer software engineers evolve quickly, reflecting new areas of specialization or changes in technology, as well as the preferences and practices of employers.... [tags: Computer Software Engineering]
2327 words (6.6 pages)
- Computers are growing to be a huge part of society. Ever since the computer boom, people's lives have been completely different. Companies have been revolutionized on the basis of computer labor, and the personal computer has, by far, been one of the most revolutionary inventions of our time. With computers becoming more and more popular, in businesses and at home, careers based on computers have also become more popular. What types of careers are there for computer specialists. How can one get started in these types of careers.... [tags: careers, design, technology]
564 words (1.6 pages)
- ... Environmental Engineering: Often tied with Civil Engineering., 3 traits of environmental engineering: • Disposal: industrial/residential-discarded products. • Remediation: cleaning of dirty site. • Prevention: working with corporations to decrease or exclude dangerous waste. Aerospace Engineering: Aerospace engineering is related to the science of air and spacecraft. Aerospace engineers deals with different kinds of flights, for example: balloon, solar wind, satellites, etc. moreover in this discipline, engineers must take into consideration the human limitations and the effect of their science on the human body.... [tags: civil, computer, electrial, environment]
625 words (1.8 pages)