Some researchers say that the United States has trouble keeping up with the growing market for information technology workers. As the demand grows, the benefits increase for IT workers. Starting salary continues to rise, and companies compete for the best workers, whether fresh out of college or with years of experience.
The $67 billion industry juggernaut that is the video game industry shows no signs of stopping or even slowing down. Video game spending is estimated to reach $112 billion by 2015. In such a large and competitive industry, jobs such as game designers are highly valued. Of course, a game isn’t made and then organized, so game designers are needed to plan and design everything, from story and game mechanics to sound and design.
The video game industry is almost recession-proof, with start-up companies still popping up and larger companies expanding, driving up demand for new jobs. Adults and children alike enjoy the seemingly endless fun just a few video games can provide, and honestly, what kid doesn’t love seeing a brand new video game under the Christmas tree? With the boom in mobile gaming and the estimated trend of further growth in mobile gaming, the outlook onl...
... middle of paper ...
...n Information Technology.
[Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, 1999. 44-57. Print.
"Video Game Design | Learn About the Outlook for Video Game Design Careers." All Art Schools - Directory of Art Colleges - Fashion Design School, Interior Design School, Graphic Design School. Web. 24 Nov. 2011.
"Video Game Producer Job Description, Career as a Video Game Producer, Salary, Employment
- Definition and Nature of the Work, Education and Training Requirements, Getting the Job." Video Game Producer Job Description, Career as a Video Game Producer, Salary, Employment - Definition and Nature of the Work, Education and Training Requirements, Getting the Job. Web. 24 Nov. 2011.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Computer The technology in these days is considered help hand for everything to do our work with fewer errors and faster time. As we know many people in these days using the computer each day for doing their work and assignments or just for spending fun time. Computer word does not just mean hardware and software but means more than that. It means everything related to technology such as infrastructure, networks, and programming languages. Computer facilities have three primary computer specialists that are computer science, computer information system, and computer information technology.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer science, Computer]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- Computers have changed our lives in many many different ways. We do a lot of things from computers and our portable devices such as get music, watch videos, pay bills, order dinner, keep connected with friends on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter, take college classes online, and many other things that I could make a 5 page list of all the things it can help us do straight from home but that would bore you to death. Now that I have told you how computers have changed our lives and how they are used in daily life let me tell you the importance of the people working in computers and IT.... [tags: Job, Computer Systems, Career]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- Computer Science is a popular major with one of the brightest spots in the employments of current society as the world is becoming more and more advanced. People who graduate with a computer science degree are considered computer scientist; Computer scientists use technologies like computers, smart phones, and basic knowledge and reasoning to solve whatever problems they encounter. Computer Science Engineers write software programs that allow machines to do new things or improve tasks more efficiently; programs like Facebook, Twitter, and mobile messaging software have improved many people’s lives with easier and simpler ways of communication.... [tags: Computer science, Electrical engineering]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- Women have played a large role in the creation of computer science. The first computer programmer was a woman (Philips 463). The first compiler for a programming language (Grace Murray Hopper) and object oriented programming language were developed by women (The Early History of Smalltalk). Today, the field is very different, with only 18% of undergraduate degrees for computer science awarded to women which has decreased from 37% in 1985 (Why So Few Women Are Studying Computer Science). If this problem is not addressed it will only become worse as the disproportionate number of jobs in the field are taken by men which can discourage female participation and even create a sexist environment.... [tags: Computer science, Computer, Programming language]
1059 words (3 pages)
- Computer information system makes a system in the organizations. It is frequently termed as Information Technology. It also allows the organizations to identify how to improve the organizational system as well as promote the necessary system skills that encourage us. It is the best method to acquire knowledge of technology that I collected from several career paths. Those career paths which I continued for taking computer information systems. Design systems solutions for maintaining the organizational competence.... [tags: Security, Computer security, Computer, Management]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
- Computers are electrical devices used to store and process data which is usually embedded in binary code. According to Businessdictionary Computer Science is the “study of computing, programming, and computation in correspondence with computer systems” (1). Moreover Computer Science is basically taking the Computer and practically exploring the ins and outs of how a computer functions using both its hardware and software . With the title Computer Science comes an array of positions or job titles that are all essential to simplify everyday tasks and eliminate tedious repetitive task.... [tags: Computer, Programming language]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- The field of Computer Science is based primarily on computer programing. Programming is the writing of computer programs using letters and numbers to make "code". The average computer programer will write at least a million lines of code in his or her lifetime. But even more important than writting code, a good programer must be able to solve problems and think logicaly. The working conditions for a programer very greatly. Most banks require their programers to wear a suit and attend an office during normal work hours.... [tags: Computer Programming, Coding]
474 words (1.4 pages)
- Careers in Computer Science and Programming In the year 1995, our family received their first ever computer. It was a Pentium I with a 75 MHz processor, 64 MB ram, a 16x CD-Rom, a 5-gigabyte hard drive, and Windows 95 operating system. I thought it was the coolest thing man has come to know. It had games, and a completely new world called the internet. Not only could you talk to people from all around the world, but also you could watch streaming videos, view pictures, and send e-mails with attached files.... [tags: Technology Jobs Essays]
525 words (1.5 pages)
- Computer Engineer The oldest device invented by humans is thought to be the Abacus. Abacus is a Latin word that has its origins in the Greek word abax or abakon mean “table” or “tablet”. The Abacus dates back to about 3000BC. The Abacus was used when merchants who traded goods needed a way to calculate the cost of the goods (A Brief History of the Abacus 1). Computers since then have evolved dramatically. Computers are a huge part of everyday life, but they need people who can build these computers.... [tags: computer, design, build, test]
768 words (2.2 pages)
- Computer Engineering - A Carrer as a Computer Software Engineer Introduction The explosive impact of computers and information technology on our everyday lives has generated a need to design and develop new computer software systems and to incorporate new technologies in a rapidly growing range of applications. The tasks performed by workers known as computer software engineers evolve quickly, reflecting new areas of specialization or changes in technology, as well as the preferences and practices of employers.... [tags: Computer Software Engineering]
2327 words (6.6 pages)