Employment in the government agencies offers job opportunities with various of different agencies and a revolving door of higher positions, making career opportunities an essential consideration when looking for employment. Stability, healthcare, leave time, retirement, and flexible work schedule is just some of the perks when it comes to gaining employment with Franklin County Government. The main decision would be for the individual to know if they would like to either work for a government agency, this would be the first step. Having the knowledge of what opportunities can bring can help someone decided which way they would like to go.
To attract talented professionals, many government agencies exceeds industry standards. Compensation ceiling is lower in the government sector depending on the position, while enticing on the private sector side pay more on average compare to private sectors jobs. Dennis Cauchon of USA Today said; “total compensation for state and local workers was $39.25 an hour", $11.90 more than in private businesses” (2008). But the benefits do not exceed government benefits in the long run. Government jobs provides the extra such as: flexible work schedules, telecommuting, educational assistance, parental leave and additional vacation time is really attracted. Going in fully aware of the duties, the company organizational structure, goals and long-term objectives is a start off on the right foot.
Privacy rights is also important differ depending on the legislation that an organization is governed under. The right to engage in various labor union-related activities is much more fully protected for private sectors than for government sector employees. However, all government employees are not guarantee to b...
... middle of paper ...
... if it can benefit the company, more growth is available within the government sector than many job seeker knows. Overall, the organization of the government sector can take several forms of different career paths. It is part of the economy that provides various services. Nonetheless, job seekers might want to explore this path, salaries are often competitive, health insurance and retirement benefits are also increasingly more attractive. Since the government is comprising of hundreds of agencies and departments, each with its own mission and culture, take the time to identify the one that are a good match for your interests, experience and expertise. USAjobs.gov is a starting point to learn about government agencies and the positions they need to fill. Talk to friends who are government employees to learn about job openings and to gain insight about the position.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The 19th century introduced the first travel agency. In the 1920’s, travel agencies became prevalent because aviation became available to the public. In the beginning, travel agents were mostly used by middle and upper class travelers who had money to spend on vacations. Most lower class families could not afford to travel. Once travel agents popular, they catered to middle class families on the lookout for a cheap but good quality holiday vacations. Air transportation in the 1930’s experienced rapid growth as new routes opened up as a result of government investment in airports and infrastructures.... [tags: Travel, Travel agency, Orbitz]
784 words (2.2 pages)
- The job of a Correctional official is to detect danger in prisons. These same officials can also detect opportunity to make changes and improve the system as well. Within local jails, state prisons and federal penitentiaries, they serve as the voice of authority as they ensure the security and well-being of prisoners. The job of a correctional official is to stop a violent conflict and ensure order within the prison walls and also to support opportunities to rehabilitate prisoners. Rehabilitation is one of the most important parts of our criminal justice system because it is a program that will allow a prisoner to learn a skill to survive once they are out of prison or use a skill for a job... [tags: Prison, United States, Penology]
1575 words (4.5 pages)
- This essay discusses the importance of knowing the business environment together with the social and economic factors that have both a direct and indirect impact on the business world. The following are the three subsections on how the essay is arranged. Firstly, the discussion tackles the abstract and then followed by the introduction of the essay. In addition, the essay also has the body part where all the detailed discussion is done. Finally are the conclusion and the reference part of the essay (Tinsley 2001, p .1).... [tags: International Business ]
1432 words (4.1 pages)
- ... Early Years Programme, Doodle Den Literacy Programme for Senior Infant Children, Early Intervention Speech and Language Therapy, Restorative Practice, Quality Enhancement Programme. All developments were evidence based and only those elements which have been proven to be effective, over the given period, are consolidated and replicated, but the ones that did not achieve the desired outcomes as well as value for money were discontinued; The elements of CDI work, learning and experiences was shared’ in order to inform and shape future policy, practise, training and curriculum development’ (ITB handout).... [tags: tusla, negative impacts, barriers]
1347 words (3.8 pages)
- As I began to read and analyzed the Merit Systems Protection Board’s publication, I realized the federal sector vacancy announcements are different from the private sectors. The Merit Systems Protection Board argument was direct and required immediate action to prevent a serious shortage in government staffing. The notice also lectured the need of locating highly competent new employees to replace retiring workers. There were suggestions provided to aid the challenges that the government could face, such as providing an extensive recruiting approach to attract vastly competent applicants.... [tags: United States Constitution]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) falls under the general job title: Accountant. Accountants’ NOC and SOC are 1111 and 13-2011.01 respectively. They perform duties such as planning, organizing and administering accounting systems for individuals and establishments. They also analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain a record of assets, liabilities, profit or loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization to monitor its’ financial position.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Employment agency]
1933 words (5.5 pages)
- KSU graduates compete in high-quality job markets. The area is a resource pool of highly skilled job candidates from other Universities nearby. The graduates from a top ranked university in the Atlanta offers the biggest threat for KSU graduates in the job market. The KSU graduates are facing increased competition when searching job, and KSU is facing difficulty in getting firms for campus recruitment and research partnerships or for internship opportunities. Dues to the lower ranking, potential students will apply at other universities.... [tags: University, College, Academia, Academic degree]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- What is our governments’ role with regard to Compensation in the U.S.. The U.S. government plays the enactment and enforcement roles concerning compensation in organizations. They establish and enforce legislative rules and standards for compensation that ensure and protect the fair and equitable treatment of employees and their well being (Milkovich, Newman, & Gerhart, 2016, p. 614). Through the Department of Labor, and its many subordinate agencies, the government’s mission is to, “foster, promote, and develop the welfare of the wage earners, job seekers, and retirees of the United States; improve working conditions; advance opportunities for profitable employment; and assure work-related... [tags: Minimum wage, Employment, Wage]
1453 words (4.2 pages)
- ... The results of this report indicate that the government is struggling to keep up with the increasing demand of users’ accessing the websites for services. This was best illustrated with the failure of the Healthcare Act’s website’s inability to handle this increasing demand. (ACSI Federal Government Report 2013, 2014) The best way for the federal government to address these customer issues is improve access to the websites. Encourage agencies to communicate with the customer and learn accessing behaviors and functions that would increase the ability to access the website efficiently.... [tags: state and federal programs]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- ... It is a long process when becoming a detective. In college, classes such as: English, American history, business law, government, psychology, sociology, chemistry, and physics are suggested. Before becoming a detective, one must attend a law enforcement academy, providing the officer with a foundation of education with sixteen to twenty-four college units in criminal justice or administration of criminal justice. (Morkes 677) After graduation from the law enforcement academy the officer undergoes job training with a field training officer for a period specified by the law enforcement agency and continues to work while on a probationary period, ranging from one to two years.... [tags: becoming a detective, professional opportunities]
1164 words (3.3 pages)