As for salaries, I was first intrigued when I found state wages for the profession in Pennsylvania. To be completely honest, I was not too surprise to find out their exact calculations for highest amount of pay which is $64,250 in Pennsylvania and a grand total throughout the USA of $68,790. However I was extremely baffled when I found that individuals with a mental health counseling degree could make less than $27,070, in which I acquired through O*Net. Another interesting feature O*Net offered was the annual payment data, along with a median wage per hour, which is $20.13. Due to these statistics it made me really consider what exact job profession I would want to acquire in the mental health counseling field. I would also like to consider more research on what exact job occupations with a good paying sa...
... middle of paper ...
...ct the occupational outlook handbook expressed how individuals could also explore O*Net for specific field descriptions. However within the website I did enjoy a couple of things, such as the
additional publications it has to offer, along with additional information to multiple websites for certain criteria. By doing this I believe it not overload the page in the career search, and it made a simple find, for individuals to scroll through and decided what they want. I also enjoyed how the occupational outlook handbook provided information regarding licensure requirements, along with additional contact information for the National Board for Certified Counselors, and the Association of Marital and Family Therapy Regulatory Boards, giving individuals an easy and quick link to discover what tests they have to attain in order to be mental health car provider.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Negotiating a Starting Salary With internet access available to nearly everyone, job seekers are armed with more information than ever before. Information can be obtained for job openings, job descriptions, and even salaries. Sometimes when filling out an application, a box will ask for a salary desired. Some advertisements ask to send your resume with salary requirements. These are sometimes tough questions to answer. How much does that job normally pay. Is the job applicant worth the top pay.... [tags: Business and Management Studies]
2126 words (6.1 pages)
- ASDA is the second largest supermarket chain in Great Britain. The company, which got its start in 1965 when two companies, Associated Dairies and the Asquith Brothers' supermarket chain called Queens, merged, according to ASDAsupplier.com. In 1999 Wal-Mart acquired the company, and that worldwide chain's success has indeed helped ASDA attain its present-day size. Like any company its size, the amount of ASDA jobs are many. Indeed, ASDA is looking for customer service, managerial, and driver positions.... [tags: Business, Employment]
944 words (2.7 pages)
- Initially, the hiring process will provide the job description and qualifications for the position opening. It will be beneficial to the firm to clarify which qualifications are necessary to perform the job as opposed to desired. Which will help the organization stay away from unrealistic outlooks for would-be personnel. (p. 191) The policies and procedures for recruitment can be in-depth. Practices such as promotions and most specifically promotions from within will feel fair when accompanied with effective documentation.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Employment agency]
1590 words (4.5 pages)
- 2 Sources used to gather this information (in MLA format) "Substance Abuse Counselor Job Description." All Job Openings. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Sept. 2015. "Substance Abuse Counselor Salary (United States)” Substance Abuse Counselor Salary (United States). N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Sept. 2015. "Summary." U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, n.d. Web. 14 Sept. 2015. Hosler, Aimee. "Addiction Counselor Salary & Career Outlook." Schools.com. N.p., n.d. Web. Price, Erica. "How to Become a Substance Abuse Counselor." InnerBody.... [tags: Police, Constable, Crime, Prison]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- Before taking this class, I have always wondered how much money healthcare workers get. Yes, it depends on what profession you choose or look at, but I chose the profession of a Physician. I chose to write about this topic because I might want to be one when I grow up. I am also very excited to find out more information about Physicians. Physicians often take care of people, they observe and listen. They are able to prescribe medication and send you to different check up areas. I find it very interesting that a Physician Assistant performs more tasks than an actual Physician, but gets payed less.... [tags: obamacare, competition, salary]
2194 words (6.3 pages)
- After completing the O*NET questionnaire, I scored highest in the area of enterprising. My eventual job position does not yet meet my current experience level, although there were two occupations that fit my overall criteria contingent upon my college graduation. Those occupations were that of Financial Manager (Branch or Department) and Human Resources Specialist. Those two jobs are a bit different in nature, but that contrast is a way of showing my versatility. I would enjoy being a financial manager because it combines business savvy and the ability to interact with people.... [tags: Employment, Problem solving, Finance]
907 words (2.6 pages)
- Job Searching in the 21st Century Myths and Realities "Find your dream job online!" "Electronic job search revolution!" Of all the hype surrounding the Internet, one of the biggest claims may be how information technology is changing the way people look for jobs. A huge number of electronic job resources are available: resume posting sites, job vacancy databases, employer websites, discussion boards and newsgroups, industry salary and information sites, and general career information sites. The Internet gives job seekers access to vast amounts of information about vacancies and employers, 24-hour availability, broader geographic reach, networking, career development advice, and simplified... [tags: Work Workforce Essays]
2195 words (6.3 pages)
- Over nine years ago the United States hit the all time high in voluntary job quitting. In December 2015 number of americans who voluntarily quit their job has reached a all time high in nine years. Why may the americans be doing this you ask. Most americans are starting to become very confident in their employment prospects. The job openings and labor turnover survey held by the Labor Department determined that the voluntary quits rose to nearly 3.1 million which made it the highest levels since December of 2006.... [tags: Unemployment, Employment, Jobless recovery]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- We live in a world complete unconceivable to previous inventors. The technological achievements we have created in the last seventy-five are tremendous. Equally, the concept of a modern-day smartphone would baffle the most optimistic computer scientists of the 19th century. Concurring with the increase of technology however, leaves our security in jeopardy. With a present interest to tinker with computers as a young child accordingly, I choose to major in cybersecurity. Around an age of about 13 I was fascinated by the emerging technologic achievements of the early 2000’s.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Information security]
928 words (2.7 pages)
- A Pediatrician is a child’s physician, dealing with the physical, mental, and emotional well being of the child. You undoubtedly have to have a strong love for children and have patience to be a Pediatrician. If you don’t like children then it is apparent being a Pediatrician is not the job for you. I have dreamed of being a Pediatrician since I was 7 years old, ever since I was rushed to the emergency room for an accident I had. I remember how the doctor interacted with me; he introduced himself, and he explained what a Pediatrician did.... [tags: child health, medicine, doctor]
1630 words (4.7 pages)
- Nursing Is Not Just My Job
- The Patient 's Clinical Manifestations And Iron Deficiency Anemia Related?
- Diversity Is All The Ways Of People Being Different
- Giovanni Stradano 's Engraving, Amerigo Vespucci Awakening
- The Issue Of Parenting As A Child 's Development
- Business Ethics And The Ramifications Of Principles