At 12:30 P.M., JFK's convertible drove past the Texas Bookstore Depository and onto Elm Street, where to the right was the grassy knoll. In that same spot, the grassy knoll, Abraham Zapruder had his 8mm camera, recording an event that would drastically change history (Fertzer 65-72). The first shot missed the convertible completely. The second shot hit the President in the upper right back and exited through his neck, continuing on to Governor Connelly's back, through his chest, and hitting his wrist upon exiting. The third shot struck JFK in the head killing him instantly. At 1:50 P.M. Lee Harvey Oswald was taken into custody after resisting arrest and killing officer J.D. Tippit (North 2...
... middle of paper ...
Fertzer, James. Murder in Dealey Plaza. Chicago: Catfeet Press, 2000
Jennings, Peter. "JFK Assassination". ABC History Page. 25 Feb. 2000. 2 Nov. 2005.
"John Kennedy". Biography. Aug. 2002. 2 Nov. 2005.
McNarght, Tom. "Presents for a President and First Lady". News Release. 12 Nov. 2004. 6 Nov. 2005.
North, Mark. Act of Treason. New York: Carroll and Gulf Publishers, 1991
Reitzes, David. "JFK Conspiracy". 1999. 2 Nov. 2005
Scott, Peter D. Deep Politics and the death of JFK. Washington, D.C.: National Geographic Society, 2003
"Treason". Webster Online Dictionary. 31 Oct. 2005.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- JFK: The Death of a Conspiracy There is a plethora of conspiracy theories regarding the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. They range from the incumbent of the former Soviet Union to organized crime. Pro-conspiracy groups are in agreement with one theory; the United States government covered up the truth of the assassination. The premise of a government conspiracy to cover up of the assassination is laden with insufficient evidence and unproved theories. The truth of the matter is President Kennedy was assassinated by the lone gunman, Lee Harvey Oswald.... [tags: History]
1748 words (5 pages)
- JFK's Death On November 22, 1963, one of the most controversial assassinations happened to one of the greatest leaders in America, by Jack Ruby's mafia, with the assistance of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) that committed the act of treason, in the murder of John Fitzgerald Kennedy (JFK).... [tags: John Kennedy History Assasination]
1712 words (4.9 pages)
- The Death of JFK Assessment for Australian Year 11 Modern History. I got top marks for this. They limit you to 4 pages, so extend your margins and make your font small. Who killed John Fitzgerald Kennedy. This question can be considered as cryptic as the meaning of life. Does anyone know who killed Kennedy. The J.F.K Assassination is a conspiracy wrapped in a conspiracy, wrapped in an enigma. Can the people of the world serious accept what the U.S government has told them - Lee Harvey Oswald single handily killed the President of the U.S.A.... [tags: American America History]
3063 words (8.8 pages)
- ... Lee Harvey Oswald is the man that has been most proven to be the assassin of President Kennedy. Oswald’s purchase history showed he had bought a Mannlicher-Carcano rifle, but there was no proof that he had used that rifle to kill Kennedy. He joined the marines, but defected to the Soviet Union in ’57 and later he came back to the United States in ’59 with a Russian wife and communist sympathies. "… on Saturday November 23 the FBI announced that the rough fingerprints they found on the Mannlicher-Carcano were 'insufficient for the purposes of… identification… [and] were of no value.' On November 29, however, the FBI announced that it had found a palm print on the rifle." (Kallen, 52).... [tags: presidency, history, young, theory]
804 words (2.3 pages)
- Difference between JFK and LBJ administrations is in how they operated as managers. JFK was Harvard educated and came from a wealthy family. His family connections assisted him in entering the Navy, becoming a special correspondent for the Hearst Newspaper, plus his election to congress. Despite his lackluster congressional career, JFK becomes the youngest person elected to the Presidency. JFK uses his Harvard as well as his family connections to select the youngest and brightest for key positions in his administration.... [tags: Cold War, Cuban Missile Crisis, John F. Kennedy]
1320 words (3.8 pages)
- Who Killed JFK. Before we started the section on John F. Kennedy in our class I would have said that Lee Harvey Oswald assassinated him without a question in my mind. After reviewing videos on this subject in class I am now not so sure. Was there really a conspiracy to kill Kennedy or as a nation do we over analyze something that was an open and shut case. After reviewing the information in class I do not think Oswald was the lone assassin. I do not even think that Oswald was the assassin. The most convincing evidence that I received was the video showed in class where there was a man who was a specialist in stripping away layers in photographs down to tiny particles.... [tags: American America History]
536 words (1.5 pages)
- The J.F.K. Conspiracy Time after time again we are told in our schools, our homes, and by our media that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in the assassination of former President John F. Kennedy. How can this conclusion by made about a case that was never completely solved. If we as Americans accept the government given "truth," such as in this case, without questioning how they came to their conclusion, then what would stop the government from altering other "truths" given to the general public.... [tags: Papers]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- J.F.K. November 22, 1963 President John F. Kennedy took a limo ride through Dallas Texas, but this harmless event quickly turned fatal for the young president. The presidents limo turned onto Elm going 25 miles per hour then slowing down to 10 miles per hour to make a sharp turn. The first shot ran out missing the president completely sounding like an echo. Hearing this, Kennedy stops waving and starts to look around. The second shot was then fired sending the bullet into Pres. Kennedy's throat he then grabs his throat with both hands.... [tags: Papers]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- The JFK Assassination This interview was conducted with my friend’s father on the assassination of JFK, and the impact it had on life in America. Q: How old were you when JFK was assassinated. A: I was only 15 at the time, but I can vividly recall it Q: What was your very first reaction. A: Well, I was shocked I really couldn’t believe it. I mean, you hear about the Lincoln’s assassination but it never seemed real. Now JFK was assassinated and it seemed like it could never happen, it was just like a dream.... [tags: essays research papers]
570 words (1.6 pages)
- “In a few days people will forget and there will be a new President.” Lee Harvey Oswald It was a hot day in Dallas, Texas. President Kennedy sat in the rear seat on the right side of the car. His wife, Jacqueline, sat on his left. Texas Governor John B. Connally sat in a "jump" seat in front of the president, and Mrs. Connally sat to her husband's left. They were in a motorcade when an unimaginable sound was heard. It was 12:30 p.m., the cars approached an expressway for the last leg of the trip.... [tags: essays research papers]
1178 words (3.4 pages)