The life style of the members fro Jersey Shore is that of what they refer to themselves as, Guido. The lifestyle of a Guido is “GTL,” partying, clubbing, sex, fighting and drama. “GTL” the most famous of them all for Jersey Shore stands for Gym, Tan, and Laundry. GTL presents this macho man type personification that men have to live up to. With the popularity of the show this puts even more pressure on the viewers, to be tan, go to the gym, and where clean clothing (which isn’t a bad thing). The most important of them all would be the gym, all male cast members, Vinny, The Situation, Ronni, and Pauly D are all fit and have 6 packs they love to show off. The main goal of the guys in this shows is to pick up girls in the club and bring them back to the “smush” room where they have sex. This creates a lot of problems in the house, as the guys consistently call girls names such as skank, whore, slut and so on, but there is the double standard and the guys never get called things a...
... middle of paper ...
... identity in terms of the norm.
In conclusion, the Jersey Shore is a very popular show and brings up a lot of problems within America, mainly the sexual identities within. Whether it is the men having to live up to the “macho man” status by having rock solid abs and being complete asses to girls, or having to hook up with as many girls as possible, and DHing for friends, the pressure is there. For women it is the pressure of looking amazing every single day, and completing with one another, which results in bullying each other, or having to deal with the double standard of men and women, while the guys in the house can do the same thing they do, they will be under the microscope and being called the slut. In the end, this show is your typical sexually identified male and female, macho man who is trying to get girls, and the girl trying to walk a very thin line.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Urban Dictionary defines a Guido as: “A sad pathetic excuse for a male; not necessarily of Italian descent, but most likely; usually native to the New York/New Jersey Tri-State area. Whose wardrobe consists of something out of a bad 1980’s Mafia movie.” (Urban) The definition goes on in detail to describe the lifestyle of a Guido and many other highly opinionated and offensive remarks. While it may not be the most accurate of websites to get information from, it is one that in today’s day and age offers instant results on unusual “pop culture” references.... [tags: Reality TV Analysis]
1344 words (3.8 pages)
- One of the best vacation spots and most fun are down the shore in Wildwood, New Jersey. Wildwood consists of a boardwalk with tons of rides and fun, a beach with a beautiful ocean, and little summerhouses with ocean-side views. The best attractions though would probably be located on the boardwalk. There are so many things to see and do. Although it’s rather costly, it’s well worth it and it’s a great place for a family to share quality time together. The boardwalk is consisted of shops, arcades, and piers of rides.... [tags: essays research papers]
765 words (2.2 pages)
- It is evident that MTV’s The Jersey Shore is playing on the television when one hears the pervasive lyrics of the opening credits. The song, Get Crazy by LMFAO, portrays exactly what the show stands for, stupidity. A verse of the song states, “I got the goose alright ok, I'm feelin’ loose alright ok, she love the beat alright ok, we love them D's”. The “D’s” stated in the song refer to the size of a woman’s breasts. The song continues to discuss matters such as drinking, partying at clubs, women as “whores,” and the continued reference to women’s breasts.... [tags: Television Reality TV]
3067 words (8.8 pages)
- Chapter Twelve Veronica was outside waiting for Zoey to show up. She called her while she was packing her things, but she didn't explain the situation to her. That conversation would have to wait until they were both alone. However, she needed to talk about it as soon as possible, or she would start thinking about certain things that would make her start crying. Well, that was too late. Standing in front of Jon's apartment while holding clothes and waiting for Zoey took her back to what happened three years ago, the beginning of the turmoil that she called life.... [tags: trip, breakup, pregnant]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- The pain immediately stopped when those five words left her lips, but only the physical one. Mentally, she was dying, just because of the way Jon stood there expressionless. “I had an abortion,” she said, just to make sure he heard properly. “I know, Val. That’s why I brought you back into my life, because I wanted to confront you about it. But after seeing how much stress you were going through, I decided not to do it.” He sat down in the chair beside him and sighed, running his hand through his hair.... [tags: short story]
642 words (1.8 pages)
- West Orange is a suburban township that’s located in central Essex County, New Jersey, United States. The district of West Orange is highly involved with the community, the safety of the citizens involved and try to interact with them as in activities too. Many residents/citizens move from different townships into West Orange because it’s considered as a safe environment especially, for good school standards for children. As in, when someone asks, “In what city do you live in?” and your response would be West Orange.... [tags: Crime, Police, Criminology, New Jersey]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- Shore Road Mystery by Franklin W. Dixon The Hardy boys, Frank and Joe, were driving down Shore Road and they heard a report about a stolen car. Frank and Joe raced towards the scene and saw the stolen car. Suddenly, a big red produce truck came right into the middle of the road. The boys had to slam on their brakes. They crashed into a fence and were dazed but not hurt The driver came out of the truck and said he was sorry. Frank thought something was fishy about the guy. They both went home and tried not to let their mother see all their cuts and bruises.... [tags: Dixon Shore Road Mystery]
1091 words (3.1 pages)
- Inequality is inevitable. Over these past few months, we have been circled by medias input on discrimination and seen injustice play out throughout the world. This was all looked upon through a large scale, but how unfair or unequal are things on a smaller one. Jersey City is one of the most diverse cities and is divided into smaller and easily accessible sections and so I decided it would be the best place to observe the realities around me. Since the concept of inequality is existent, I decided to try to find where it was located in Jersey City.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Jersey City]
1657 words (4.7 pages)
- The Eastern Shore of Virginia, a peninsula located east of mainland Virginia, not noticed on many maps. The Eastern Shore has grown in the past year, putting up new shops and fast food restaurants. There are some interesting town names such as Temperanceville, Exmore, or Accomac. The name Temperanceville was brought by Christians who burned the four bars on the corners of Saxis road and Lankford highway. A new road was made named Temperanceville road. Temperance means no alcohol and that’s why the Christians burned the bars.... [tags: essays research papers]
450 words (1.3 pages)
- Investigating the Length of Long Shore Occurence Reason for study: to find out if long shore drift occurs and if it does, to find defences to prevent any hazards The place of my study was porlock bay in Somerset. This is a picture of the porlock bay. [IMAGE] Aim: 1. To find out the beach material is moved by long shore drift 2. To work out a sort of defence mechanism used in porlock bay to stop the flooding in the marshes. Evidence of long shore drift: · Without long shore drift there would not be any groynes, but the beach would be completely flat · The way the cliffs and headlands have eroded shows us some sense of direction.... [tags: Papers]
1038 words (3 pages)