Jerry Sandusky first met his victims through The Second Mile, a charity for at-risk children (Johnson). This charity was started as a group home in 1977 by Sandusky himself, but turned into an organization that stretched across all of central Pennsylvania (Grand Jury Report 1). While the Second Mile program served over 100,000 children, it’s net worth exploded to over $9 million (Roebuck). This program gave Sandusky easy access to small boys and plenty of them through summer camps, picnics, and chances for the boys to attend football games with him (Johnson). Sandusky would first start casual conversation with the boys before inviting them to Penn State football games or other miscellaneous outings (Johnson...
... middle of paper ...
Leshan, Bruce. "Sandusky "Victim #1" Ready To Testify | Wusa9.com." Wusa9.com. 12 Dec. 2011. Web. 14 Dec. 2011.
Monk, John. "In Sandusky Case, Columbia Lawyer Stands with Victim No. 6 - Local / Metro - TheState.com." TheState.com. 13 Dec. 2011. Web. 15 Dec. 2011.
Roebuck, Jeremy. "Penn State Scandal Directs New Scrutiny to University's Relationship with Second Mile Charity." Philadelphia Inquirer 26 Nov. 2011. Print.
Roebuck, Jeremy. "Sandusky Lawyer Decries Media's Chilling Effect on His Witnesses." Philadelphia Inquirer 27 Nov. 2011. EBSCO Publishing Service Selection Page. Web. 30 Nov. 2011.
"Sandusky Case Now Heads to Trial." EBSCO Publishing Service Selection Page. USA Today, 14 Dec. 2011. Web. 15 Dec. 2011.
Scott, David C. "Jerry Sandusky: What Did Penn State's Joe Paterno Know about Him?" Christian Science Monitor. Web. 30 Nov. 2011.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The number of sexually abused children is five times what it was in 2012. Jerry Sandusky has contributed to this statistic. Jerry Sandusky was the head coach of the Pennsylvania State Football team (Penn. State). He has a wife and a few children, some adopted from his charity organization, the second mile, but this did not stop him from committing the crimes he did. Jerry Sandusky was convicted of raping ten innocent children, some of which he met through his charity. This earned him thirty-sixty years behind bars.... [tags: child sexual abuse, famous court cases]
1242 words (3.5 pages)
- As a juror in any court case it would be difficult to come to one conclusion with twelve different opinions. The fictional play Twelve Angry Men proved this to be true, however, the jurors in the Sandusky trial found it relatively easy to decide on a verdict. Jerry Sandusky, former Penn State assistant football coach and founder of the 2nd Mile charity, was convicted of fifty-two accounts of child molestation. Although members of the jury would like to discuss every aspect of the case, in the end, convicting Sandusky guilty would be a simple task.... [tags: sexual encounters, trial, abuse ]
1667 words (4.8 pages)
- In this essay I will be discussing the definition of Child Molestation and providing data about the topic through various sources researched to understand why abuse takes place and those who abuse. What is Child Molestation. Child Molestation is a crime that can involve different sexual or salacious activities done to a minor child by an Adult. Children who are victims of Child Molestation are usually under the age of fourteen, and the Molester’s age can range anywhere from sixteen years and above.... [tags: Criminology]
704 words (2 pages)
- In recent years, ethical issues in sports have been a major topic for discussion and media coverage. One major sport ethics controversy that occurred in recent years was the Jerry Sandusky scandal at Penn State University. Sandusky, the former Penn State assistant coach under head coach Joe Paterno, had been accused of child molestation in 2009 and ultimately convicted in 2012. The scandal was quite controversial, as a large number of Penn State officials knew what Sandusky was doing, but covered it up nonetheless.... [tags: Sandusky scandal of child molestation]
602 words (1.7 pages)
- The Life and Mind of Jerry Garcia in Conjunction with Howard Gardner's Model of Creativity "We always though of the Grateful Dead as being the engine that was driving the spaceship that we were traveling on."-Ken Babbs, a former Merry Prankster "Daddy is sleeping. Don't touch the guitars." -Heather Garcia In his Creating Minds, Howard Gardner states the purpose of his book as an examination of the "...often peculiar intellectual capacities, personality configurations, social arrangements, and creative agendas, struggles, and accomplishments" (6).... [tags: Howard Gardner Jerry Garcia Paperes]
1822 words (5.2 pages)
- Crash by Jerry Spinelli Setting: This book starts out in this kids house his name is crash. Then they go to the arcade. That is where they spend most of the story. Then close to the end they go to the riverside. Main Character: Crash he is the only one mentioned in this whole book. He is the main main character. He is tall has blonde hair, brown eyes, and has glasses. He has a funny personality. He just wants to have fun. On the outside he is a weird, tall, skinny guy on the outside but a lost, hopeless, scared boy on the inside.... [tags: Jerry Spinelli Crash]
517 words (1.5 pages)
- The Jerry Springer Show The Jerry Springer Show is a rough, crude and ruthless talk show, but Jerry Springer is not. By watching the show, people would think that Jerry Springer was a crude person. Just the opposite, Jerry Springer is a very intelligent and well accomplished person. The Jerry Springer Show is considered entertainment to some, and sleaze to others. This show is a big hit and not just in the United States, but are people taking the show to literally. I was very surprised to see what kind of man Jerry Springer is.... [tags: Jerry Springer TV Television Essays]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- Business Analysis of Ben and Jerry's Introduction: Overview of the Case The corporation of Ben and Jerryâ€™s first began on May 5, 1978 in a small town called Burlington located in Virginia. The founders of this ice cream parlor were Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield with only limited funds of $8,000, they produced a famous nationwide parlor that caters to millions of people. Specialty flavors of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Cherry Garcia, Rain Forest Crunch, and frozen yogurt are attractions and symbols to the corporation.... [tags: Corporations Ice Cream Ben and Jerry's Essays]
2274 words (6.5 pages)
- Rehabilitation for Child Molesters Once child molesters is convicted of a sexual crime, they are no longer trusted within the community they have to reside in and have to live the rest of their lives as outcasts who have developed a serious problem being around children. In order to have safe, unsupervised contact with children, these individuals must undertake various sexual therapies sessions to maybe one day become healthy again. Before anything can be said about the treatment for a child molester, a proper definition must be defined as a person who has involvement with a child in sexual activity that he or she does not fully comprehend, is unable to give informed consent to, or that... [tags: Free Essays]
432 words (1.2 pages)
- Communities need to be informed of alleged child molesters. Every thirty minutes another child is abducted, whether it be from home, school, or their Neighborhood playgrounds. Imagine that the next thirty minutes it’s your child. Now also try to Imagine that your child’s abductor has been living in your community unknown to you. These Intruders feel they have the right to invade the privacy of these citizens and commit horrible Crimes such as kidnapping, rapes, and murders. So therefore, it will be best that communities be Advised of alleged child molesters so that citizens could be aware of the acts of crimes that may Occur, molesters would be more discouraged to commit these a... [tags: essays research papers]
897 words (2.6 pages)