Essay PreviewMore ↓
Mr. Jeffrey Lionel Dahmer was born on May 21, 1960 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (wikipedia.org). Eight years later, his family moved to Bath, Ohio. He was a very shy young boy who often collected dead animals and showed signs of necrophilia at an early age. No one could have predicted that Jeffrey Dahmer would commit 17 murders during his lifetime which, in trial, were proven to have been driven by necrophilia and his own homosexuality.
Most of Mr. Dahmer's victims were young, homosexual black men whom Dahmer subjected to sexual assaults (wikipedia.org). Jeffrey Dahmer had one goal in mind; finding a completely compliant sexual partner, essentially making his motivation for killing necrophilia. Dahmer was a closet alcoholic and also suffered from low self-esteem. He is one of the most notorious serial killers in American true crime history.
On July 24, 1991, the news broke. Thirty-one year old Jeffrey Dahmer had been taken into custody in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Shortly before, police had been alerted by a terrified man, Tracy Edwards, still in handcuffs, who just escaped from a nearby apartment where he had been lured in by a man offering him a beer (Lane 126). Had the man not escaped, he would have been slaughtered by a butcher knife.
Unfortunately for police, they had another opportunity to catch Dahmer in the act, but they failed miserably. In May of 1991, a Laotian teenager, Konerak Sinthasomphone, had escaped from Jeffrey Dahmer's apartment, naked, dazed and bleeding, but still alive. Sinthasomphone spoke no English, and Dahmer was able to convince police officers that the 15 year-old boy was his 19 year-old homosexual lover. After police released Sinthasomphone back into the clutches of Mr. Dahmer, Dahmer dismembered the boy and kept his skull as a memento. Coincidentally, this was the older brother of a boy Dahmer molested in 1988, a crime for which he served one year in a low-security work-release camp (wikipedia.org).
In 1991, police had yet to link the murder of 12 black men, as well as five others, to a serial killer possibly operating in the Milwaukee area. The break in the case finally came later that year. Two officers spotted a 32 year-old Tracy Edwards stumbling along with a single handcuff of his wrist. Naturally, the officers pulled alongside Edwards and began questioning him.
How to Cite this Page
"Jeffrey Dahmer." 123HelpMe.com. 23 Apr 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- er was a serial killer that committed 17 murders over a period of 13 years. A serial murderer is someone that has “killed 3 or more people over a period of days, weeks, months, years, or decades” (Fleming, 2014). Dahmer is a killer that had many paraphilias that will be discussed as well as the characteristics that classify him as a sexual sadist. A sexual sadist is someone that experiences sexual pleasure from acts of cruelty (Marshall & Kennedy, 2003). Dahmer chose a select type of victim groups, this case study will find out why he chose those victims and what his intentions were.... [tags: Jeffrey Dahmer, Serial killer, Murder]
1665 words (4.8 pages)
- Jeffrey Dahmer was an eccentric individual. He was known to be a kind man but very disturbed as well. He showed to be anti-social at a very young age, and it continued to get worse. He must have had cognitive issues that grew with him even until his last murder. Being raped, always feeling abandoned, rejected, growing up with fighting parents, and also a lack of parental guidance didn’t help Dahmer grow up to be the “perfect” child. He learned by observing his environment, and taking these actions to heart, and affecting him in the worse possible way.... [tags: Jeffrey Dahmer, Serial killer, Murder]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- As children, our parents tell us that monsters do not exist. The truth is that they do exist and they live among us, masquerading as one of us. Two examples of these monsters are serial killers Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer. A serial killer is classified as a person who kills three or more people, in separate events, over a time frame of a month, with “cooling off” periods in between. While Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer both share a sick twisted mind and a penchant for killing, differences in their upbringing, personality, and preferences drastically set them apart.... [tags: Jeffrey Dahmer, Serial killer, Ted Bundy]
1640 words (4.7 pages)
- Introduction From 1987 to 1991, Jeffrey Dahmer 's rule led to dread over the gay community. He was a social inept, gay man. His spent his whole life feeling as an untouchable in this goliath world and attempted to discover his voice and his feeling of self. He turned to dead rodents and mannequins to bring him stimulation and fellowship. In the long run, Dahmer hunger for progressively and when his misuse of liquor could no more sedate him he permitted his horrifying dreams and needs to take control.... [tags: Jeffrey Dahmer, Serial killer, Victim, Family]
1704 words (4.9 pages)
- Jeffrey Dahmer also known as The Milwaukee Monster was one of those cases where most people would call him a “Sick Bastard” put him away and throw away the key. He was a less than ordinary person who did atrocious things to others, but I think that in this case the quiet ones are definitely the ones that need to be watched. My initial reaction to Dahmer was that he seemed like that stereotypical kid that no one would have ever thought he would become a serial killer and I would have to agree with them because I thought he was too small to do the things that he did.... [tags: Jeffrey Dahmer, Serial killer, Dismemberment]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- “It gave me a sense of total control and increased the sexual thrill, I guess, knowing I had total control of them and that I could do with them as I wished." [Biography.com Editors].In July 22nd, 1991, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and the United States changed forever. Jeffrey Dahmer was arrested for killing and eating 17 young men [Biography.com Editors]. Jeffery’s confessions will make people understand why he is known as one of the most terrifying serial killers in the United States. Jeffrey Dahmer was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on May 21, 1960, into the household of Lionel and Joyce Dahmer [Biography.com Editors] As a newborn and young child, he appeared to have no mental or physical prob... [tags: Jeffrey Dahmer, Serial killer, Dismemberment]
1345 words (3.8 pages)
- How do serial killers affect society “Jeffrey Dahmer”. Serial killers have both bad and believe it or not good effects on society. By good, I mean having serial killers and understanding why they do what they do and understanding their past lets psychologists, social workers and other social services and research understand why a human would enjoy doing those things, and possibly what events or circumstances led them to become a serial killer, whether it has to do with genetics or coming from a very bad environment and home-life or a mix of genetics and hardships.... [tags: Jeffrey Dahmer, Serial killer, Murder]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- Excerpt from "I Have Lived in the Monster" Robert Ressler: So you were aroused at just the physique. Dahmer: The internal organs. Jeffrey Dahmer was creating very disgusting acts to men some were even under the age of sixteen. He would pick them up and take them back to his house to take “pictures”. He would then give them alcohol that he drugged. The victims could not even speak clearly so there for they could not protect themselves from Dahmer. Dahmer killed a variety of people from different racial backgrounds.... [tags: I have lived in the monter, organs]
861 words (2.5 pages)
- Biography On: Jeffrey Dahmer Section I: Introduction: Jeffrey Dahmer was one of the most well known serial killers ever. Dahmer was no ordinary serial killer. He was a killer, necropheliac, and a cannibal. The purpose of this report is to learn more about this serial killer. Section II: Overview • “Jeffrey Dahmer was born May 21, 1960, at Evangelical Hospital in Milwaukee, Wisconsin” (Blakey). • “Jeffrey Dahmer was found beaten by fellow inmates on the morning of November 28, 1994, as was pronounced dead at 9:11 a.m.” (Blakey).... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1404 words (4 pages)
- Jeffrey Dahmer Mr. Jeffrey Lionel Dahmer was born on May 21, 1960 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (wikipedia.org). Eight years later, his family moved to Bath, Ohio. He was a very shy young boy who often collected dead animals and showed signs of necrophilia at an early age. No one could have predicted that Jeffrey Dahmer would commit 17 murders during his lifetime which, in trial, were proven to have been driven by necrophilia and his own homosexuality. Most of Mr. Dahmer's victims were young, homosexual black men whom Dahmer subjected to sexual assaults (wikipedia.org).... [tags: Biography]
1312 words (3.7 pages)
Edwards, who was still very light-headed, managed to punch Dahmer and escaped from the apartment, still wearing the handcuff. The curious officers were able to convince Edwards to escort them back to the apartment. Dahmer opened the door and tried to bluff his way out of the situation. He stated that he had just lost his job, and had lost his temper after getting drunk. He offered to get the keys to the handcuffs from his bedroom, but unfortunately for him, one of the officers followed him. What the officer found would ultimately aid them in convicting Dahmer (www.bbc.co.uk).
In the bedroom of Jeffrey Dahmer, the officer saw dozens of Polaroid pictures of dismembered bodies and human skulls in the refrigerator. Feeling worried about the pictures, the officer walked into the kitchen and discovered the same refrigerator that was in the photographs. He pulled the door opened, and although a very experienced police officer, he screamed loudly at what he saw. Lying on the top shelf of the refrigerator was a human head (www.bbc.co.uk).
"There's a god damm head in here," he shrieked to his partner (www.bbc.co.uk).
Tracy Edwards looked on in horror, realizing that had he not escaped, Dahmer's threat to "cut out your heart and eat it" would have most likely come true (www.bbc.co.uk). As Dahmer was escorted to the police station, police began a thorough investigation of Apartment 213 in the Oxford Apartments.
The following was found in Dahmer's apartment: one human skull in the refrigerator, three more human heads in the freezer, several pairs of hands and a penis in a stockpot at the back of the closet, a quantity of indeterminate human meat in the freezer, and two boiled and fleshless skulls- painted grey- on a closet shelf in the bedroom (www.bbc.co.uk.). Police also found several male genitalia that had been preserved in formaldehyde and a bottle of chloroform which was presumed to have aided Dahmer in drugging his victims. Hundreds of grotesque photos of the victims were also found. The photos were of both before death and at various stages after they had been murdered (www.bbc.co.uk).
Police discovered that Dahmer's first murder was committed over 13 years earlier near Akron, Ohio. Dahmer's first murder occurred at a stressful time in his life. His parents were going through a divorce. After the first murder in 1978, Dahmer would kill again until nine years later in 1987. Dahmer would visit gay bars and either offer his victims money to pose for photos or simply invite them back to watch videos and drink beer. His victims would fall into a drug induced sleep after one or two spiked drinks, and then Dahmer would either strangle them or stab them to death. After this, Dahmer would dismember them with a hacksaw.
Dahmer also performed medical experiments with his victims. With one victim,
Dahmer drilled a hole into his head and poured muriatic acid into it. Dahmer claimed that he functioned like a zombie for several days (www.bbc.co.uk). Evidence was also given as to Dahmer's self-confessed cannibalism, where he claimed to have cooked and eaten the biceps of one of his victims seasoned with salt, pepper and steak sauce. He gave police the following justification: "My consuming lust was to experience their bodies. I viewed them as objects, as strangers