Jeffrey Dahmer who is called as a psychopathy, a sex offender, a serial killer was born in West Allis, Wisconsin on May 21, 1960. He was responsible for serial murders of 17 young males in between the years of 1978 and 1991. He usually picked up victims in the gay bar and had sex with them before killing them. By the summer 1991, he started killing one person every week. He was caught on July 22, 1991 when Tracy Edwards who was a survivor and last intended a victim escaped and shopped him to police officers. The officers arrested him after they found several gruesome items such as human skulls and bones which were polished and preserved in his flat. Internal organs were discovered in the fridge and parts of these had been cannibalized. He sometimes nicknamed as the Milwaukee cannibal or Milwaukee monster, because he committed cannibalism, rape, dismemberment and necrophilia. Interesting thing was that he was not only a homosexual, but also he was necrophilia. He was sentenced to a total of 957years in prison and had been incarcerated his time at the Colombia Correctional Facility in Portage, Wisconsin. He was attacked twice in the time. The first attempt was left simple wounds in his neck. The second attack caused by an inmate led him death on November 28, 1994 (CrimeMuseum, 2014).
Jeffrey Dahmer was a male and committed the first murder when he was 18-years-old in the summer of 1978. He had never married and was a homosexual. He was a middle socioeconomic status and unsuccessful both education and occupation. He worked as a worker at Chocolate factory. He had normal and happy childhood which differed from the childhood of most serial killers. In his family interview of his child...
... middle of paper ...
...new how to avoid detection and eluded from them five times.
Jeffrey Dahmer is not typical serial killer, because he didn’t have physical or sexual abuse in childhood and lower socioeconomic background which represent conventional serial killers. Professionals can not signify reasons enough to explain his several murders, since he was associated with all the elements of serial killer. Not like other serial killers who murder victims and move on to search new victim, his fantasies led him to commit a series of crimes against the dead body. He also liked to keep all the part of victims’ body including brains and skulls in freezer. He sometimes ate them and took advantages of them. The most interesting was he didn’t look like an assaulter or a violator, even he said he didn’t like violence. However, he couldn’t have any kind of relationships with person who was alive.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Dark Side of Jeffrey Dahmer, a Gay Cannibal It’s been already 54 years since America met its ultimate cannibal, Dahmer. Why did he choose this path. Why didn’t he stop. On May 21, 1960, a baby boy named Jeffery Dahmer was born in Milwaukee, to Lionel and Joyce Dahmer. Everything was going very well in the family. Baby Dahmer enjoyed toddler activities and playing a lot, by himself or with kids. He moved with his parents to the small town of Bath Township (near Akron), Ohio, at the age of seven years old.... [tags: reluctance to change, fear]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- Jeffrey Dahmer the Serial Killer When we look back at some "crimes of the century" some that should definately come to mind are the gruesome murders the late Jeffrey Dahmer performed. This mysterious serial killer, also known as the Milwaukee Cannibal, probably accounted for one of the most famous cases in history. He seemed to kill for reasons no better then just lust and gratification. The serial killer knocked off 17 people over 13 years, all starting when he was just 18.... [tags: Papers]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- Jeffery Dahmer is arguably the most notorious serial killer -cannibal in history. Targeting men and boys, Dahmer‘s life of crime began with drinking and sex offending. His murders were exceptionally gruesome, often involving rape, torture, necrophilia, dismemberment, and cannibalism. The media often commented on how “normal” Dahmer appeared. Jeffrey Dahmer made everyone question how one develops into such a monster. By the time of his apprehension, Dahmer had sodomized, murdered, and cannibalized at least seventeen men, mostly black, Hispanic or Asian, in the Milwaukee area between the years of 1978 until his arrest in 1991 (Williams pg.1).... [tags: Serial Killer - Cannibal]
1471 words (4.2 pages)
- Biography On: Jeffrey Dahmer Section I: Introduction: Jeffrey Dahmer was one of the most well known serial killers ever. Dahmer was no ordinary serial killer. He was a killer, necropheliac, and a cannibal. The purpose of this report is to learn more about this serial killer. Section II: Overview • “Jeffrey Dahmer was born May 21, 1960, at Evangelical Hospital in Milwaukee, Wisconsin” (Blakey). • “Jeffrey Dahmer was found beaten by fellow inmates on the morning of November 28, 1994, as was pronounced dead at 9:11 a.m.” (Blakey).... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1404 words (4 pages)
- Jeffrey Dahmer was born May 21st, 1960, the first child for Lionel and Joyce Dahmer, after a difficult pregnancy that had Joyce on various prescription drugs. Jeff and his little brother David were raised in Bath Township, Ohio. Unlike many other killers, Jeffreys parents were not abusive. Joyce had some relatively mild psychological problems, but Lionel tried to be as loving a father as possible, struggling to reach his quiet and isolated son. As a small child, Jeff seemed happy enough, playing with his dog or riding his bike, but was fascinated with death.... [tags: essays research papers]
1157 words (3.3 pages)
- Jeffrey Dahmer Why does a Jeffrey Dahmer happen. How does a man become a serial killer, necrophiliac, cannibal and psychopath. Very few convincing answers are forthcoming, despite a spate of books that propose to understand the problem. Many of the theories would have you believe that the answers can always be found in childhood abuse, bad parenting, head trauma, fetal alcoholism and drug addiction. Perhaps in some cases, these are contributing factors, but not for Jeffrey Dahmer. His father, Lionel Dahmer, wrote a very sad and poignant book called A Father's Story which explores the very common phenomenon of a parents trying desperately to give their child a good upbringing and discover... [tags: essays research papers]
2024 words (5.8 pages)
- Jeffrey Dahmer also known as The Milwaukee Monster was one of those cases where most people would call him a “Sick Bastard” put him away and throw away the key. He was a less than ordinary person who did atrocious things to others, but I think that in this case the quiet ones are definitely the ones that need to be watched. My initial reaction to Dahmer was that he seemed like that stereotypical kid that no one would have ever thought he would become a serial killer and I would have to agree with them because I thought he was too small to do the things that he did.... [tags: Jeffrey Dahmer, Serial killer, Dismemberment]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- Introduction From 1987 to 1991, Jeffrey Dahmer 's rule led to dread over the gay community. He was a social inept, gay man. His spent his whole life feeling as an untouchable in this goliath world and attempted to discover his voice and his feeling of self. He turned to dead rodents and mannequins to bring him stimulation and fellowship. In the long run, Dahmer hunger for progressively and when his misuse of liquor could no more sedate him he permitted his horrifying dreams and needs to take control.... [tags: Jeffrey Dahmer, Serial killer, Victim, Family]
1704 words (4.9 pages)
- Introduction From 1987 to 1991, Jeffrey Dahmer reign terror over the gay community. He was a social incompetent, homosexual man. His spent his entire life feeling as an outcast in this giant world and struggled to find his voice and his sense of self. He resorted to dead rodents and mannequins to bring him entertainment and companionship. Eventually, Dahmer thirst for more and when his abuse of alcohol could no longer medicate him he allowed his gruesome fantasies and needs to take control. Childhood and Adolescence Lionel and Joyce Dahmer gave birth to their first born, Jeffrey Dahmer, on May 21, 1960 in Milwaukee.... [tags: Jeffrey Dahmer Essays]
2515 words (7.2 pages)
- Jeffrey Dahmer was an eccentric individual. He was known to be a kind man but very disturbed as well. He showed to be anti-social at a very young age, and it continued to get worse. He must have had cognitive issues that grew with him even until his last murder. Being raped, always feeling abandoned, rejected, growing up with fighting parents, and also a lack of parental guidance didn’t help Dahmer grow up to be the “perfect” child. He learned by observing his environment, and taking these actions to heart, and affecting him in the worse possible way.... [tags: Jeffrey Dahmer, Serial killer, Murder]
1169 words (3.3 pages)