Essay PreviewMore ↓
One reason I like this book is because it could possibly help people who are going through these same problems he was. Jay was peer pressured by his girlfriend to steal drugs from his father's store and to use them himself.
How to Cite this Page
"Jays Journal." 123HelpMe.com. 29 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Each week I have been writing in my identity journal and each time it seem to help answer the question of how do I identify who I am. In are world we identity are self in two ways who we really are and who we what other to believe we are. This is us wearing a mask. In week five and six we had to write our entry was a creative piece—a short story, poem, drawing, or other creative form explore issues of identity. This was for me a poem and a drawing that went with my drawing on how we all wear mask.... [tags: Journal, identity, ]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- When thinking about having a baby, I have to consider the financial, physical, and emotional/cognitive effects it will have on me, my partner, and my family. • I am an elementary school teacher and my husband is a golf pro manager for Troon Golf Course Management Company. We presently live in the United States. Together, we make enough money to live a little more than comfortably. However, we have been saving for a new addition to our family for 2 years now. Taking into consideration that we have many friends and an extended family, it is safe to assume that we will have a fair boost in baby supplies from our shower.... [tags: Journal]
2139 words (6.1 pages)
- Journal of Love *If you've been hurt in the past by people dont assume that you will always be hurt, open your heart to someone who you can trust and you will find true love, dont deny yourself of that feeling* *You don't come across that many people that give you butterflies, you just dont* "If two past lovers remain friends, they are either still in love, or never were." "You always overlook the little things in a relationship. It's the times when you wake at 4am and smell his cologne when you know you have made a mistake." "Isn't it funny how you can think you're completely over someone, but if you drive past his house, stumble upon a meaningful song you both shared, or even catch... [tags: Journal Entries Love Relationships Essays]
6299 words (18 pages)
- From the journal of Edna Krouner On September 17th, 1908, at the brisk hour of 6:30 a.m., Miss Edna Krouner of Wakefield Rhode Island boarded a train for Poughkeepsie, New York.. About to begin her sophomore year at Vassar college, Edna flirted with two central questions: How quickly could she fall back asleep, and would anyone notice the snag she had just made in her new grey skirt. The confident thunk of heavy luggage settles Edna into the train compartment. A small, exasperated groan issues from her round mouth.... [tags: Edna Krouner Journal short story]
3121 words (8.9 pages)
- Journal of a Titanic Passenger I am writing my first entry aboard this incredible vessel today, primarily because I have been spending the last three days exploring the sections open to my fellow third-class passengers and I. What I have seen is extraordinary, especially when first boarding the ship. The halls and staircases of the first class section were like nothing I had ever seen before in my life. They were blanketed in luxury from end to end. The first class passengers I had managed to see wore their best garments boarding the ship and were conversing with each other about their rich lives back home.... [tags: Journal Diary entry titanic Essays]
534 words (1.5 pages)
- Food Journal Analysis The following is an analysis of Joe Smith's food intake for one day by using the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion (CNPP) website using a food tracker program. The analysis addresses the serving sizes consumed, which food groups were represented, and adjustments in consumption that should be made since Mr. Smith would like to loose weight. Visual representations are attached for reference in the appendix. Comparison Joes's recorded protein intake was 180 grams.(Figure 3) When compared with the Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion (CNPP) recommendation of 56 grams, there is a one hundred and 24 gram differen... [tags: Food Journal Diet Analysis ]
1122 words (3.2 pages)
- Critique of an article from the Journal of Applied Physiology "Effect of different protocols of caffeine intake on metabolism and endurance performance" Introduction In 2002, a group of Australian researchers published a paper entitled the "Effect of different protocols of caffeine intake on metabolism and endurance performance". Caffeine use during sporting events has become much more popular and has widely studied. The purpose of the research was to examine the work increasing (ergogenic) effects of differing regiments of caffeine on metabolism and performance while simulating the typical nutritional preparation an athlete would do for a race.... [tags: Physiology Journal Article Critique]
1108 words (3.2 pages)
- Toronto Blue Jayss case study The Toronto Blue Jays baseball team was founded in the 1970s and experienced support from the fans during the 1970s and 1980s. In 1992 and 1993, the Jays won back-to-back World Series, yet in 1994, the team faced setbacks. The team had a losing streak, there was a major league baseball strike, and no World Series was played. At the same time, gambling came to Toronto, and the team had to compete for the fan's time. Also, players' salaries skyrocketed at a time when the Canadian dollar fell in value.... [tags: GCSE Business Marketing Coursework]
487 words (1.4 pages)
- Small Pox Journal April 22, 2005--I had a long week so I decided I should write about it on my web journal. After having several papers, quizzes, and having to work 40 hours I have been feeling a little under the weather. However, I mostly assume it has been from the lack of sleep I have been getting. But no worries, since I intend on making it up during the weekend. But tonight I have decided to party it up and go to my friend's apartment. Till then I'll just take some aspirin and lay down till I go out.... [tags: Journals Diary Small Pox Essays]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- The apple products Everyone sees the simple logo of the multi-million dollar apple sign everyday. Whether if its on a mp3 player, or to be more specific the ipod, or even the Mac book, which I am currently using to type this journal, or the iphone, which currently isn’t even on the official Singapore market, but some still get it illegally or from other countries. Apple has placed itself into pop culture, from how ipods and subsequent trends like the pod casts are created. Apple has managed to market its mp3 players to become renowned around the world as the best selling, or at least the classiest and simplest of mp3 players.... [tags: Marketing Writing Journal]
1783 words (5.1 pages)
Another reason that I really like this book is because it was and is a true story. The person who wrote in this journal was Jay himself it includes his journal, letters, and notes through out the last 2½ years of his life. I would never do the same things that he did because it is very sad and every time his parents found out about something it made him more, and more depressed. Jay was really a smart kid who had a lot of awards for debates, plays and lots of other things he'd been good at. He talks about his brothers, parents, girlfriend, and best friends Brad and Dell throughout the whole journal.
Finally I really like how it shows the days like it will say November 5 or something like that. If I was the author, I would write the book the same because I would be going through all of this just like he did.
I really think this was a great book and think more people should read it. If more people read this book there might be a little less suicide in the world among teens. I would recommend this book to my friends because most of them would find this book interesting.