Essay PreviewMore ↓
The Jabulani Grip’ n ‘Groove ball is an association football ball, which is a highly advertised product due to its significant technology base and elements included. Not only was the ball criticised by all matter yet still specified by the “Laws of a game” in its spherical shape, as well as its size, weight, and material composition in term of being Fifa approved. Throughout all Fifa tournaments the ball’s were made by Adidas due to the fact that they were able to produce such productive and effective balls. So far the Jabulani ball is considered to be the most advanced.
By the reason of the balls specific well-produced design the ball is able to perform certain acts. The ball being perfectly round was/is able to create as expected an exact, stable flight through air in any condition. This is caused because all sides are even, and when the ball pressures through the air the air reacts with the same force allowing the ball to go forward exactly as hit. However if there would be a curve or uneven part on one side then the ball could have gone not at a precise angle hit and on one side of the ball because there would be more air’s force pressuring the ball resulting in it going in a imprecise direction. The dimples effect the coefficient of friction of how will the ball travel of the air however if there are more dimple on one side it may cause a difference in which direction the ball will go just like with a curve on a ball. Verifying that for now on, the technology of the Jabulani ball is the most advanced in the ball department.
The Grip’ N ‘Groove ball has influenced many games. Because of the elements included in/on it the its result and how players work with it turned out different from the balls before. The ball received much criticism from its users. Complaints have come from goalkeepers, strikers and many others as i it seems too "supermarket" type as goalkeeper Júlio César complained. Players say that one cannot predict what the next action of the ball will be. This causes major issues in the ball future in weather it will be considered a well or not designed production.
There are always diverse opinion on certain objects, and the Jabulani ball is an example of an object of which everyone seems to have a different view on.
How to Cite this Page
"The Jabulani Grip 'n' Groove Ball." 123HelpMe.com. 15 Nov 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Dodge ball. What a game. Everyone learns to play it. You are forced to learn. It is a basic part of elementary P.E. or at least it used to be, kids are becoming “too sensitive” to play games like this now days.. It is almost every man for himself out there in the court, but there are teams, and your team mate help you outby throwing balls for you to use from the sidelines or yelling great advice like “don’t get hit” from the sideline. Typically the best two players will be the team captains, unless a referee appoints the teams.... [tags: Game, Play, Ball games, Ball game]
1127 words (3.2 pages)
- The Venomous Serpent by Brian Ball The Work The Venomous Serpent was written by Brian Ball, and published by the New English Library Limited from Barnard's Inn Holborn, London E.C.I. in 1974. The book was made and printed in Great Britain by C. Nicholls & Company Ltd. This book is a fiction, horror book about vampires. The alternative name of the book is The Night Creature. The Author Brian Ball was born in the United Kingdom in 1932. He is perhaps best known to SPACE: 1999 fans for writing the first-season novel The Space Guardians, based on the episodes Missing Link, Force of Life, and The Guardian of Piri.... [tags: Venomous Serpent Ball Book Review]
1537 words (4.4 pages)
- The Life and Times of Lucille Ball "Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world." That quote was one that Lucille Ball lived by throughout her twisted and turbulent life. As one of the most recognized faces in the world, she is known to millions simply as Lucy. She went from waitress and salesgirl to model to Goldwyn Girl to radio clown to an unlikely leading lady in a ground-breaking sitcom that is still seen in regular syndicated reruns more than 40 years after the series ended.... [tags: Lucille Ball Lucy Biography]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
- Dickinson's The Spider holds a Silver Ball Paradox baffles and inspires thinkers because it wipes out the greatest of conclusions, puts us intimately in touch with the very nature of inexplicable feeling, both simultaneously implodes and explodes the mind, and of course induces a certain sensation, as Dickinson puts it, “as if the top of my head were taken off.” It seems to me that in art this is the fix we desire, where sensation obliterates logic. Dickinson's poetry is one of the few places I have so far found the paradoxic tendency so profoundly expressed.... [tags: Dickinson analysis spider Silver Ball Essays]
1043 words (3 pages)
- Marc Forster’s Monster’s Ball Marc Forster’s Monster’s Ball is a depiction of one man’s journey to overcome his lifelong ignorance, but this seems to be the film’s only accomplishment. The grisly drama attempts to address pressing racial issues, but instead it creates a monstrous web of unanswered questions and unfulfilled plotlines cleverly masked by brilliant acting and cinematic beauty. The first half of Monster’s Ball revolves around a family of executioners responsible for the last days of a black death-row inmate.... [tags: Marc Forster Monster's Ball Essays]
1042 words (3 pages)
- Calixta As the Ideal Woman of the 1800's in At The Cadian Ball by Kate Chopin “Calixta would be there… That little Spanish vixen.” No matter what the age, there are certain types of women who seem to capture the attention of every man in the room. In the story At the ‘Cadian Ball by Kate Chopin, the protagonist Calixta is precisely that kind of a girl. She is an atypical female of her time. The ideal woman of the late 1800’s was demure, prim and restrained. She was the paragon of prudery, modesty personified.... [tags: Kate Chopin Canadian Ball Papers]
758 words (2.2 pages)
- No Groove in the Gunsights Always under the thumb of his dark mistress, the speaker struggles beneath her power. Try as he may, he will never be able to break the tie of lust between the two. His threats are not threatening to her, and he knows this. His power is beneath her's, and he knows this as well. By threatening his lover in the 140th sonnet, the speaker is merely admitting to his own helplessness to which he is forever bound. This appears to be the first sonnet in which he is taking a stand.... [tags: essays research papers]
668 words (1.9 pages)
- The Clifford Ball The Ball, the ball, the ball. The Clifford Ball 1996, the greatest musical performance I've ever witnessed, a time I'll never forget. "Where the fuck is Plattsburg, New York?" That was the main concern on a warm summer afternoon, as we began to pack up the car for a trip that will remain crisp in my mind better then vacation I've ever been on. It was Tom, Tim, Joe, Beau, Tom' brother Steve, Alex who flew in from Wisconsin, Tim's brother Sean and myself Tony. The weather couldn't been better, the mood...excitement, joy, and a little nervousness.... [tags: essays research papers]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- The object of ball bearings (and roller bearings) is the substitution of pure rolling motion for plain sliding friction. Ball Bearings rely on the rolling motion of hardened steel balls to absorb loads. This rolling motion produces far less friction than the sliding motion. These steel balls are held in circular rows between an outer and inner ring, which have raceways, or slots, grooved into them to guide the balls. Ball bearings are available in both filling-slot and no filling-slot types. Other types of bearings have developed from these basic designs, like double-row and deep groove bearings, to handle specific application.... [tags: essays research papers]
416 words (1.2 pages)
- Hand- Grip Dynamometer Hand-Grip dynamometer are used to measure the strength and endurance of the muscles in your forearm, and to a lesser extent your hand. Using a handgrip dynamometer will increase your performance at work, improve posture, decrease chances for injury, and prevent low back pain. Endurance is the ability of a muscle to work for long periods of time without extreme fatigue. It prevents unwanted fatigue from daily activities, sport and recreation. For the elderly person, good hand grip strength may prevent a fall down stairs or in bathtubs and may help people from dropping jars.... [tags: essays research papers]
662 words (1.9 pages)
Despite that each player demands a ball to include well materials in order to perform a wanted result. Much state that the Jabulani ball may be not as successfully made. As some say that may be because of the process Adidas used to thermally bond it. In the Jabulani ball there are only 8 panels not l 32 panels like before, all stitched together. Therefore when the ball was kicked it had loft and drag so players could work with it as pleased. By taking away all of the drag from the Jabulani ball players couldn't control or predict the actions of the ball, it just keeps on accelerating through.
Certain important sport skill events depend on the Jabulani ball, as it is required to have a good influence on the game result. The jabulani ball receives many diverse feedback and may be thought-out to be too good for games, however its design and process that took to make it state that the ball is suitable for the standards and even more. Jabulani ball is considered the official match ball,most stable and accurate adidas ball ever produced.
Christian, M. 2011. The Grip'n'Groove profile. [image online] Available at: http://cantimagine.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/sport-technology/ [Accessed: 21 Nov 2013].
Dan, S. (2010). The technology behind the World Cup 2010. Available: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/103736-adidas-world-cup-football-technology. Last accessed 25th Nov 2013.
Michael, C. (2011). Sport Technology : Behind The Adidas ‘Controversial’ Ball. Available: http://cantimagine.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/sport-technology/. Last accessed 25th Nov 2013
Fifa. (). Jabulani: The official matchball. Available: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/southafrica2010/organisation/theball/. Last accessed 25th Nov 2013.
Sport, T. (2010). What makes a good ball?. Available: http://www.sportstrader.co.za/Pages/Product%20knowledge/Product%20knowledge%20team%20balls.pdf. Last accessed 25th Nov 2013.
(2010). Jabulani ball 'too perfect' to fly straight - scientists.Available: http://phys.org/news197039777.html. Last accessed 25th Nov 2013.
Fifa2010SA. 2013. Testing Addidas "Jabulani Ball" Of South Africa. [image online] Available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhunrpwHAG0 [Accessed: 25 Nov 2013].
Soccer, R. (2010). Julio cesar calls Jabulani 'supermarket ball'. Available: http://web.archive.org/web/20100621002945/http://thesoccerroom.com/?p=9013. Last accessed 25th Nov 2013.
Santa Barbara Arts TV YouTube Partner Global News. 2009. Frank Lampard Chelsea Footballer on FIFA World Cup. [image online] Available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tu8vcuz8GY [Accessed: 25 Nov 2013].