This project will conduct a thorough analysis of such information services desired by customers to design a Web-based system to provide such services and implement the proposed Customer Relationship Management (CRM) web-based solution.
• Description of the methodology, new processes, and IT tools and how each of them is used to satisfy the business need. Methodology
• Research and identify competitors, management and technology companies that are facing similar problems.
• Gather and evaluate competitive intelligence tools which include competitor Web sites, products and services, and market research reports for PPI’s business solutions.
• Evaluate current trends and proven models for IT development – Internet, Ecommerce, and Supply Chain Management (SCM).
• Analyze the business impact of IT development programs to justify investments. (PPI’s criteria are to reduce or lower overhead cost or expenses.)
• Explore market and vendor analysis of the top leadership vendors.
PPI’s On-line Web Customer Portal will provide educational information services such as (1) ability for customers to submit unstructured and structured comments about movies, music, and games purchased or rented; (2) submit requests for new products for sale and rent; (3) check due dates for a customer’s outstanding rentals; (4) extend a rental without penalty for a minor fee to be applied when the item is returned; (5) review the inventory of items carried in the store; (6) patents can monitor items rented or purchased by children.
PPI’s future enhancements will include an online and live for tutoring and supplemental education services to students of all ages and skill levels. The online tutoring options will provide individua...
... middle of paper ...
The need for effective IT risk management has become significantly more important as organizations have become more dependent on their IT systems for their success and business competitiveness. While many organizations feel they have a solid grasp on their IT risk concerns, too often their IT risk management efforts have serious gaps and vulnerabilities due to a failure to take a holistic approach to IT risk. The risk management strategy plan for Plush Packets Inc., defined in this document provides the greatest opportunity for success and ensures executive support. Aligning the risk strategy with the organization’s overall business strategy plays a key role to success to the plan’s success. Once the strategy is defined and agreed upon—preferably, with agreement at the executive board level as well—it needs to be communicated to all stakeholders.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction During 2000 BC, the development of banking industry emerged. The exchange of grain or goods between farmers and merchant were termed trading. Bank is financial intermediaries which accepts deposits from general public and organizations and are engaged in lending activities. In other word, banking business is the business of receiving money from the market through deposits and paying or borrowing the fund to the capital market and general public as well. Banks undertake various financial activities such as investment banking, private banking, insurance, consumer finance, corporate banking, foreign exchange trading, community trading, future and options trading, money market trad... [tags: Risk Management Essays]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- An abundance of information security and risk management theories are prevalent; however, it can be difficult to identify valid and applicable theories. In the reading to follow, several information security and risk management theories are evaluated. These theories are presented and employed via various frameworks, models, and best practice guidelines. An assessment of sufficient research pertaining to these theories is addressed, along with a consideration of the challenges that arise from a lack of research.... [tags: it security, risk management, nist]
1902 words (5.4 pages)
- The Grendels of Risk Management Many organizations and companies create risk management policies to help prevent financial disasters and employee problems. Many fraternities and other similar organizations have employed risk management techniques to help prevent alcohol related accidents. These accidents include, but are not limited to drunk driving violations, minor in possession charges, physical injury due to intoxication, and fights. Some tactics employed by appointed risk management individuals within organizations include sober drivers during certain days of the week, sober party monitors, assessment of grievances upon violators of a predetermined risk management policy, and speakers... [tags: Business Risk Management Essays]
1389 words (4 pages)
- Select any one room from the website and workout what are the sub-categories and descriptions provided (Objects, Related Hazards and Possible Controls to avoid them). Now analyse and describe whether all these are followed or not at your workplace. (Not more than 250 words) By following the process of the virtual work place, as a risk management tool, to describe the risk procedures management at my workplace, the example of the toilets scenario will be used. In term of risk assessment and management at my work place, a analyse will be conducted about the risk that may occur in regards of the floors, like slipping or fall prevention.... [tags: risk assessment and management, virtual scenarios ]
595 words (1.7 pages)
- Purpose The purpose of this Risk Management Process document is: • To provide a framework to track and monitor project risks throughout the project lifecycle • Establish roles and responsibilities of all participants in the process Scope This process will be used by the entire project team. As such, this document defines the Risk Management process and flow for a project. Description A risk is any factor that may potentially interfere with a successful completion of a project by having a negative impact to scope, cost, quality, or timeline/ schedule.... [tags: Business Risk Management]
1605 words (4.6 pages)
- Hotel Risk Management Introduction The Checkers is one of India s finest luxury hotels offering the best in international dining experience along with warm Indian Hospitality. The Hotel is located in center of the Chennai s emerging commercial area in a unique resort atmosphere that promises peace and tranquility. Just 15 minutes from the airport, located in the center of Chennai's commercial area, the hotel's beautiful rooms will win the heart of every traveler. The Checkers provides the following facilities: 15 rooms, Superior and Presidential Suites and Jacuzzi, Non Smoking rooms, Bar and 24 hr Coffee shop and Restaurants, Two Banquet halls, Business Centre, Indian and Oriental Restaurant... [tags: Business Risk Management]
1455 words (4.2 pages)
- Over the past decade, risk and uncertainty have increasingly become major issues which impact business activities. Many organizations are raising awareness to minimize the adverse consequences by implementing the process of Risk Management Framework which plays a significant role in mitigating almost all categories of risks. According to Ward (2005), the objective of risk management is to enhance a company’s performance. In particular, the importance of the framework is to assist top management in developing a sensible risk management strategy and program.... [tags: Business, Risk, Uncertainty]
2000 words (5.7 pages)
- Risk is a commonly used term and its usually liked with bad impacts on our objectives. The Oxford English Dictionary define risk as “ a chance or possibility of danger, loss, injury or other adverse consequences”. There is no agreeable technical definition of risk as it went through many developments. The first stage was the management of threats only then the term is extended to cover the threats and the opportunities which face the organisations. The latest stage which is the management of the threats, opportunities, uncertainties and its sources.... [tags: Business Management]
2279 words (6.5 pages)
- In recent times, risk management has become one of the most important aspects of project management because of the rate of financial crisis and natural disaster in the world right now and the rate of increase in expectation from the stakeholder in an organisation. But firstly, project brings about risk management so what is project. Project can be defined as a group of people working in a unique way in a period of time to achieve a specific goal. And in achieving that project management come into place, project management is according to (PMBOK 2004) ‘The application of knowledge, skill, tools and techniques to project activities to meet the project requirement’.... [tags: Business Management ]
2278 words (6.5 pages)
- When trying to create a positive risk management culture as a manager it is important to make sure that all employees of my organization realize the importance of managing risk. Some of the factors to consider when attempting this approach would be: • Making sure all unforeseen events have been taken into account so that employees are self- assured when succeeding with service delivery projects; • Reassuring employees that their individual safety is always a priority; • Employees will be given the proper guidance, direction and consequences in order to gain and maintain a healthy risk management culture; • Communicate to all staff the importance of the organizations assets and resources, as... [tags: Business Management]
1119 words (3.2 pages)