If there is a choice between easy and difficult, a true hero will always choose whats right, even if it costs them their life. An example of this couragous behavior is when Victoria Soto, a teacher who taught at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Conneticut, and many other faculty members tried to protect children in the school when Adam Lanza began shooting. “Victoria Soto, 27, was trying to get her students to hide in closets and cabinets when the gunman entered her classroom, which was near the location where the gunfi...
... middle of paper ...
...hange in society.
A hero is a man, women, or child who has inspirational characteristics and puts the well being of others in front of their own. A true hero will always manage to help others, even if they are scared themselves. Even through life’s barriers, a true hero is able to live their life and inspire others. A true hero will act with integerity and leadership despite the potential consequences that could follow. With everyday heroes, there is no special clothing to tell them apart. A superhero has a specific look that can be easily identified. For example, the man in blue tights with a red cape and “S” on his chest is superman. An everyday hero is wearing the same clothes as everyone else. There is no visually distinguishing trait that would allow a person to t
(Cassy Fiano, 5 Heroes To Remember This September 11, christianpost.com).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What is a Superhero. People ask this question all the time and a lot of definitions of it this word. Some say a superhero is just a fictional character such as Batman, Superman, and Spiderman, but others would say they are people protect them such as soldiers, police, and firefighters. My definition of a superhero is someone who fictional or non-fiction that is willing to put others before themselves to help protect people. This definition may cover a wide range of people, but it covers comics, soldiers fighting for their freedom of others, and people get into the moment and help others with not thinking about it.... [tags: Superhero, Superman, World War II, Hero]
1046 words (3 pages)
- Rise of the Superpowers It is often wondered how the superpowers achieved their position of dominance. It seems that the maturing of the two superpowers, Russia and the United States, can be traced to World War II. To be a superpower, a nation needs to have a strong economy, an overpowering military, immense international political power and, related to this, a strong national ideology. It was this war, and its results, that caused each of these superpowers to experience such a preponderance of power.... [tags: Superpowers International Affairs War Essays]
4070 words (11.6 pages)
- Merriam Webster defines hero as a person who is admired for great or brave acts or fine qualities, with that in mind do you believe the word hero is used a little too loosely nowadays. With that said my hero is my mother I know that is a cliche for most, but let me explain how my mom carries and executes the traits of a hero. A hero has a few traits that make them so great and stand out like the perfect apple at the top of a tree, heroes must be selfless (willing to put others above themselves in everything they do), patient (able to take a step back and be willing to wait), and modesty (to be free from vanity).... [tags: Christmas tree, Christmas, Hero, Yule]
1065 words (3 pages)
- “A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom,” (brainyquote.com). What does it take to be considered a hero. Dictionary.reference.com describes a hero as, “a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds or noble qualities.” This definition of hero does not complete itself. A hero must not only have courage and ability to perform a brave deed; he must also exude strength and humility. Like Bob Dylan expressed in the quote before, a hero must take responsibility and understand that freedom comes at a price.... [tags: brave deeds, noble qualities, bilbo]
630 words (1.8 pages)
- While the topic of our countries future status continues to unfold we will now take a brief look into developments in our nations military. In the article, “The Future of U.S Military Power,” it states that, “the capabilities of the U.S. military have not changed much but Washington’s ability to use them has.”(Military Power 1) The gist of the article states numerous ways that our country is developing militarily. For example the F-16 which began as a dogfighting Aircraft can do so much more now.... [tags: international politics, economics]
1788 words (5.1 pages)
- ... An article in The Garden Island newspaper says, “Police officers are working extremely hard to enforce our traffic laws. Our goal is to minimize traffic crashes and fatalities and to address the concerns of the community regarding speeding and other violations” (KPD issues more tickets). People may believe they give tickets out for fun when in reality they are doing it to keep our island safe. Officer Thompson says traffic enforcement is really important because without this the roads would be safe and many people would lose their loved ones.... [tags: police officers]
1706 words (4.9 pages)
- In the village of Cape Town there was a young boy at the age of 15 who lived with his grandfather. The boy’s parents died in a car accident when he was 8. The boy’s name was Akins Diallo his name meaning brave. He was very adventurous; always out hunting for him and his grandfather. The grandfather always told many stories to Diallo of what happened to their ancestors but Diallo never believed that they were real until one day coming. One day Diallo being as adventurous as he always is traveled very far out.... [tags: Slavery, Atlantic slave trade, Africa]
1595 words (4.6 pages)
- People questioned if Beowulf acts of heroism can really be called heroic. He may have done it just to gain fame, or made it sound unrealistic so that people would see him as a god. A hero is someone who is isn’t afraid to dance with death if it means doing what is right, or protecting someone. Beowulf has shown to have this characteristic by his tales of adventures. For example “I drove five great giants into chains, chased All of that race from the earth. In the darkness of the night hunting monsters Out of the ocean, and killing them one By one” (154-158).... [tags: Beowulf, Hero, Grendel, Grendel's mother]
1667 words (4.8 pages)
- It Doesn’t Take a Hero In this book titled “It Doesn’t Take a Hero” (H. Norman Schwarzkopf), General H. Norman Schwarzkopf reveals his remarkable life and career. He begins his autobiography by describing his childhood and how he eventually became a leader in the U.S. Army. This type of autobiography demonstrates how a leader is developed and what is needed in order to succeed in a career as well as how to lead a life by following a motto instated by his past leaders and followers. The autobiography goes through some background and detailed first hand experiences that makes a leader think twice of why he in the situation he is in.... [tags: H. Norman Schwarzkopf Book Review Analysis]
1996 words (5.7 pages)
- In Search Of A Hero For my research paper, I considered investigating many different NHL goalies that have influenced me because I have been an Ice Hockey goalie for 3 years now and I decided to choose Martin Brodeur of the New Jersey Devils because he is considered to be one of the best in the history of the game. I am interested in him because he has broken every record set by NHL goalies before him and has received several awards for his stellar play over the course of his career. His hybrid style, a mix of old and new techniques, is much different from any other goalie in the league and poses a challenge to other players that face him.... [tags: Hero]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- Creating a Market for Electric Cars
- The Importance of Community in How To Tell a True War Story, Into the Wild, and Robert Thurman’s Essay, Wisdom
- The Failure of Ron Johnson as CEO of J.C. Penney
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge’s The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
- The Woman Warrior: Memoirs of a Girlhood Among Ghost
- Principles of Software Engineering Questions and Answers