As we know, gender is a classification acquire at birth. Then gender comes with a role in society, but some stereotypes are attributed to each gender. As for women, they still have to fight for themselves to occupy those “so called men positions”. One of these areas of struggle is politics. In the US, they had to fight for equal treatment in politics by winning the right to vote and seat and talk politics with men, but genders stereotypes about women running for politics still exist around the world.
In the following paper, we’ll explain why the issue of women running is pivotal now, and then we’ll present how different resolutions of it might affect the social life.
Women at every level of life try to be somehow represented by a small group, parliament, and association or try to play a role in our society. Politics is one extremely hard area to survive for women. As mentioned above, women have always fought to have a place in the political arena but most of the time they are rejected. Not because they don’t have the mind or the knowledge for it, but stereotype wise, women political duties resume to raise the children and to be a wife. They tend to be removed from decision-making places because of their gender. No matter what country it is, most of the time there is one political structure that remains the same. Some places, women will not even have the courage to run elections because they are scared to be judge or worst rejected. The degree of equality and freedom enjoyed by women in sharing power in really limited in a lot places.
Once Koffi Annan, former General Secretary of the UN said that:” The role of women in decision-making was central to the advancement of women around the wo...
... middle of paper ...
... will help them get involved while pursuing their lives. She also agreed that women should go slowly when accepting political positions for them to be able to keep their clear mind and spirit. Being in the political world may bring a lot of responsibilities but doesn’t take a mother away for her children or her husband when she has everyone’s support.
Men should also comprise at home and even work because they also have duties as fathers and husbands.
As a conclusion, lets note that we’ll know that politic is a dirty game, as well our daily lives. Fighting for their rights didn’t bring all the women closer to the political arena. The stereotypes are still kept alive and still make it difficult for women to get involved in the political game. Having more women in the political world will bring more equity in both genders and more valuable ideas.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- "Save me" screamed Sarah who stabbed to death by a serial rapist/murderer. The murderer, Pedro, was a fugitive for 2 years. You know, running away from the cops for murdering dozens of innocent souls. He went on the run, from Liverpool England to where else but the land of fatness, the land of ignorance and stupidity, the lad that has some of the most weird and peculiar sates in the world, the state where a rapist and murderer would fit in quite nicely. Texas, America. From Texas there have been many gory, disturbing, wired, frightening stories.... [tags: Running Man Essays]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- The Benefits of Running Barefoot The year was 1960 in Rome, Italy, and Abebe Bikila, a complete unknown, had just crossed the Olympic Marathon finish line. That day he became the first black African to ever win a gold medal in the Olympics, breaking the marathon record by a full eight minutes. What was most astonishing about this man. He ran the entire race barefoot, over roads and slick cobblestones in the searing heat. After the race, he was swarmed with questions. What was his background. What was his training plan.... [tags: Olympic Marathon, Sports, Running, Shoes]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- This United States of America is not fond of undocumented immigrants, especially women. Cruel anti-immigrant laws, policies, and practices have had especially dramatic impact on immigrant women and their families. These measures force immigrant women to choose between the threat of an abusive husband and the threat of deportation if they call the police. Immigration policies can also make women sit in detention, thus leaving their children. During this time, some of the women might be raped by officers.... [tags: women, immigrant, law, rights]
547 words (1.6 pages)
- Running is very good for humans in many different ways. It is a great way to get exercise, and a great way to meet new people. There are many positives, and some negatives, it is easy, enjoyable and makes humans more social, you can do it at anytime, and it relieves stress rather than give stress. Although there are some negatives with running, there are also many positives. Many people run because of the health reasons. It is good for the heart and lungs and people run in the fresh air. Running outside rather than inside is good for you too because of the fresh air.... [tags: exercise, running, ]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- In Green Grass, Running Water by Thomas King, King intertwines stories to create a satire that pokes fun at Indian culture compared to European culture. The book attempts to also poke fun at Judeo-Cristian beliefs by examining the creation story. King makes fun of the story of Adam and Eve. He pokes fun at western civilization and government. Although the book made me laugh some of the meanings behind kings writing puzzled me and made me question king's motives. The book is truly a puzzle that can be hard to decipher for most.... [tags: running water, coyote´s identity]
634 words (1.8 pages)
- I. Modern world, that when one is hungry, they can just easily walk to the food store or drive to the nearest Wendy’s. Now imagine waking up everyday having to hunt for your food. II. The Tarahumara Indian tribe, in the Mexican Copper Canyon, is known to hunt in distances superseding a marathon distance in order to capture and provide food for their families. (Mcdougall,2009) III. Audience Interest: Before the invention of hunting bows about 200,000 years ago, early humans hunt with stone tipped spears, although they will not go against toe to toe against a carnivore, so they use a technique called persistent hunting.... [tags: hunting, running, foraging techniques]
1356 words (3.9 pages)
- Articles 26 and 28 How much should a husband and a wife contribute to household chores is a major issue is marriages today. Should the man only take part a little, only helping out when the wife really needs help. Should he assume that the wife should run the house. Or should he participate in a least half the work, making the house egalitarian. Could he assume that the wife feels over worked between a job and running the house that she should cut her hours at work or ultimately quit. But what about the wife.... [tags: Article Review]
625 words (1.8 pages)
- Unless you have long legs, a large chest, a small waist, are skinny yet curvy, have beautiful flowing hair, sparkling eyes, makeup that looks airbrushed but also have natural beauty, and impeccable clothing you are lesser, ugly, and not the media’s idea of beautiful. How can anyone live up to those high standards that magazines, television, and the internet are giving us. There are four of five current beautiful women that the media tells us we must look like or we’re not ideal. Media’s portrayal of what a women’s body is supposed to look like is unrealistic and unhealthy for many women, it can lead to lower self-esteem, insane diets, a general notation that if you are not front cover worthy... [tags: American Women, Ideal Image]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- There are two main phases to the running cycle: Support and Forward Recovery Support Phase: This is the phase when the runner is touching the ground, and makes up about 30%-40% of the running cycle. Foot-strike: The foot touches the ground slightly ahead of the center of mass. When the foot contact occurs, several actions take place: the knee flexes, the tibia internally rotates, the ankle plantar flexes, and the subtalar joint pronates (Miliron & Cavanagh, 1990). It is necessary to have a certain amount of pronation to disseminate the energy of the foot-strike.... [tags: Sport Run Running Athletics]
424 words (1.2 pages)
- Running is a natural form of human locomotion. To many, running is an essential aspect of most sports and is also a simple way that requires little to get exercise anywhere. But because many people have adapted to improper forms of running over time, numerous physical injuries are the results. With the help of understanding the physics behind running, people can learn to run in such a way that expends less energy from the body. Keeping physics in mind may also lead to less injuries and effortless running.... [tags: physics run running]
1990 words (5.7 pages)