Abortion Is Right
This paper will be addressing the abortion issue in the U.S. Abortion has been one of the biggest problems in society. The main point people try to bring to light is that abortion is murdering a human being. An abortion is a process of ending a pregnancy by taking the child from the mother’s womb. It is unfair to say that a woman is a horrible person if she gets an abortion if you don’t know her reasoning in getting the procedure done. A woman should be able to make her own choices without being bashed for them. Every woman doesn’t always get an abortion due to just being irresponsible and sleeping around. There are so many logical reasons women decide to choose to terminate their pregnancy. In some, cases some individuals are not financially ready, single parenting, to young, or have been a victim to rape. If these are the cases abortion should be the answer.
Most disagreement to abortion relies on the evidence that the fetus is a human being. “Historically, a fetus has never (or very rarely) been considered a human being, at least not before quickening, an old-fashioned term indicating noticeable movement of the fetus” (Joyce 2001). A fetus should not be considered a human being if it can’t even move. The author, Mary Anne challenges the usual argument about how killing human beings is wrong and a fetus is a human being. She gives the traits most common to personhood. The first would be in order to be a person you need to be consciousness and can feel pain, can solve new and complex problems, can do independent activities, communicate and the existence of self-awareness. Therefore if it doesn’t fulfill those 5 things it is not a person, so a fetus is not a person. The author shows proof of why a fetus is n...
... middle of paper ...
...rls were able to complete school, which is important in life.
Although abortion is frowned upon by many it has a lot of positive affects that people tend to over look. In order to be a person you need to be consciousness and can feel pain, can solve new and complex problems, can do independent activities, communicate and the existence of self-awareness. This proves a fetus is not a person. There are women who get raped so the best possible solution is abortion to avoid the grusome feeling of having a child with someome who raped you. The cost to raise a child is way more expensive than to just have an abortion because there are so many individuals not finacally stable to bring a child in this world. Lastly, due to abortions it has caused so many younger girls to further there education. Not to say abortion should always be the answer, but in these cases it should be.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- To date, abortion continues to be the most polarizing issue globally characterizing numerous activists and politicians’ arguments. The latter’s argument was quite evident in the recently concluded US Presidential campaigns where Hillary Clinton in her defense concerning the same contended based on her conscience and what women undergo; she supports to uphold Roe v. Wade case ruling that allows abortion on demand (Cauterucci, 2016). Hence, she assumes a pro-choice stand that includes wholly agreeing to abortion by implying carrying it out or not is more of a personal decision.... [tags: Abortion, Human rights, Pregnancy, Victim]
1038 words (3 pages)
- In the medical field it is no revelation that abortion would be high on the controversial issue list. Abortion is the deliberate termination of a human fetus normally within the first 28 weeks of the pregnancy. My position has always been strong towards pro-life. There are no need for abortions. There are many topics that I plan to explain and 4 articles to help me prove my point. There are questions in the article Why Pro-Life such as, “A fetus isn 't a human being. Why should a woman have to give birth to an unwanted child.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Childbirth, Uterus]
1272 words (3.6 pages)
- Abortion One of the most controversial topics in America with definite opposing sides is abortion. The definition of abortion by the Oxford Dictionaries is: the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first twenty-eight weeks of pregnancy. The main argument, when if comes to abortion is the issue of life and death. Pro-choice defenders say that a woman has a right to do whatever they want with their bodies. Pro-life believers say that when a woman chooses abortion, they are murdering an innocent being.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Fetus, Roe v. Wade]
1406 words (4 pages)
- Abortion is a topic that is controversial in today’s society. I am in favor of abortion because I do believe it is the woman 's right to choose what to do what her body. A woman should not be constricted by the law that she has to have the baby. A woman should be able to decide whether or not she wants to keep the baby or not. In the end, she will have to live with her decision not the government or society. I am in favor of abortion because no one has the right to choose what happens to my body.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Birth control, Fertility]
1574 words (4.5 pages)
- With the pre-abortion ultrasound bill in the process of being established, informed consent, cost, etc. it appears that there is a major infringement on a woman’s right to choose because there are many obstacles to go through before receiving an abortion. Causes of the problem According to pro-life arguments, some of the reasons people are against abortion is because they view abortion as murder because life begins at conception, which means unborn babies are human beings from the beginning. Another argument is that the fetus can feel pain during an abortion and there are plenty of arguments against abortion regarding religion.... [tags: Abortion, Abortion debate, Human, Human rights]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- Abortion Is Right This paper will be addressing the abortion issue in the U.S. Abortion has been one of the biggest problems in society. The main point people try to bring to light is that abortion is murdering a human being. An abortion is a process of ending a pregnancy by taking the child from the mother’s womb. It is unfair to say that a woman is a horrible person if she gets an abortion if you don’t know her reasoning in getting the procedure done. A woman should be able to make her own choices without being bashed for them.... [tags: Pregnancy, Childbirth, Abortion, Human]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- Abortion has been one of the biggest controversies of all time. According to the Oxford dictionary, the term abortion can be defined as, the deliberate termination of human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy. There are two different types of abortion; a spontaneous abortion, which is also known as a miscarriage, and an induced abortion, where the embryo or fetus is purposely removed from the women’s body. The topic of induced abortion has been widely debated for hundreds of years.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Childbirth, Miscarriage]
1334 words (3.8 pages)
- Rae goes on to say in the same page that the baby is it’s own person it has its own DNA and early on it has the organs to support it self. With this information Rae is saying that the baby, while inside the mother it has its own identity so the mother does not have the authority or right to make such a decision. The second argument is that “Forcing women, especially poor ones, to continue their pregnancies will create overwhelming financial hardship”(p. 134). This argument is that forcing women to have their children will create overwhelming financial hardship.... [tags: Ethics, Morality, Abortion, Human rights]
1360 words (3.9 pages)
- The Abortion Issue The 1973 Supreme Court decision in the case of Roe vs. Wade is the foundation for our current abortion policy as well as the cause of so much controversy today. Though always an issue, nothing prior can compare to the momentum that it has now. In the span of 30 years since the ruling, the combination of science, morals and religion have spun off numerous sub-issues to the effect that people have been left either aligned to one side of the argument, or caught in the middle, unable to choose.... [tags: Pregnancy Birth Papers]
4780 words (13.7 pages)
- Many people believe abortion is a moral issue, but it is also a constitutional issue. It is a woman's right to choose what she does with her body, and it should not be altered or influenced by anyone else. This right is guaranteed by the ninth amendment, which contains the right to privacy. The ninth amendment states: "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people." This right guarantees the right to women, if they so choose to have an abortion, up to the end of the first trimester.... [tags: Free Abortion Essays]
1553 words (4.4 pages)