Islam is the submission of the well of human being to the creator of all beings. By time, people forget the message and live on earth without understanding their purpose, ignorance start to spread among individuals and vivid the truth. In my visit to the Islamic center of San Diego, Imam Taha Hassane helped me and my non muslim classmates to understand why islamophobia is on the rise after he had explained what is Islam and the story of prophet Muhammad.
It is astonishing how the Islamic center of San Diego is not simply a place for praying, but a place for education, children to play, adults to worship God in a very energetically diverse and peaceful place. Although it is the first place to see where they have library and school in a place of worship, I was not surprised because the first choice on their website is services.
Although the Islamic center of san diego website is covering many questions I would want to ask such as “What is the purpose of life” being there in the masjed altered my perception especially when being surrounded by the positive muslims energies in prayers where muslims vibrate high frequencies praying for one God for love, success, well being and healing. Concepts such as prostration (sujud) can be seen and felt over there where worshippers prostrate to the creator which one can see this as an act of humiliation for their ego to die and nourishment for love.
Imam Hassane says “Although it is known that the founder of Islam is Muhammad, is not true to Muslims.” Islam to muslims is not something that discovered and has no founder. God chooses a prophet among people to send their people a message and warnings. Neither the Quran is just a book, but the words of Allah, God. He then explains, Quran is not t...
... middle of paper ...
... explains, “Sharia means the way and path of prophet muhammad and Islam cannot exist without it.” Non Muslims and minorities of Muslims that do not have the true knowledge blames Islam for the terrorism happening today by Isis and other terrorists organizations, but the real root of the problem go back to the countries that either left destructions or strengthened and trained organizations of ignorant group of people for political purposes.
In the conclusion, by visiting the Islamic Center in San Diego I was able to experience and understand the foundations of Islam and relate what I studied to what Imam Hassane discussed. Imam Hassane clarified common misunderstandings about Islam and explained the real causes of Islamophobia and why it is rising. By learning the true message of Islam, one would be able to inform others about the truth of such a beautiful religion.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Overall, in regards to certification the San Diego Convention Center concentrates mostly on Environmental sustainability and less in the areas of social, economic, and culture. While there were significant impacts on all levels, it does seem that SDCC focuses more on the areas which is actively has to measure for its LEED certification. The most significant gaps found in this analysis were in the transparency of the sustainability efforts. Staff are often well versed in the areas that apply to them directly, but unaware of the project as a team effort.... [tags: Sustainability, Renewable energy, Energy, Sun]
1053 words (3 pages)
- San Diego State University (SDSU) is located on 283-acres in beautiful California. Founded in 1897 and home to more than 28,000 students, the university is one of oldest and the largest institutions of higher learning in San Diego county. Consistently topping the list for most applied to universities in California, acceptance rates are selective for undergraduates and highly selective for transfer students. SDSU is nationally recognized for many outstanding aspects, including academics, athletics, community engagement, and student life.... [tags: University, Student, College, Higher education]
711 words (2 pages)
- Lying alongside the Pacific Ocean in the La Jolla community of San Diego, The University of California, San Diego is a public university that was founded in 1960. UC San Diego is well known for both its outstanding and challenging academic programs. Being one of the top-ranked public universities in the nation, analyzing the violent crime rate in the city where UC San Diego is located is important. The data that relates to the violent crime rate in this city can reveal how students who are enrolled in the university may be affected during their academic career while attending the UC San Diego.... [tags: Federal Bureau of Investigation, Crime]
770 words (2.2 pages)
- The City of San Diego is facing a deficit and one of the areas that need to be looked at is park services. After the City Council meeting, I was asked to cut the budget by ten percent. As a director of the City of San Diego park services, I have a plan to make some changes. My analysis will includes how it needs to be done, what obstacles could happen, who is affected, what are the disciplines, and how can I make sure that the plan is being implemented. First, let’s look at how the cut would affect services, like recreation programs.... [tags: Management, Tax, Municipality, Public finance]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- San Diego State University was founded to educate elementary school teachers in 1897, making it the oldest university in the geographic region. The original training center for students was a room located over a retail establishment in the city. By the 1930s, the university had its own 17-acre campus and began to expand to offer additional majors. Today, 20,000 students each year are able to enroll in majors such as science, business and engineering at a larger campus with multiple specialized buildings.... [tags: College, California]
597 words (1.7 pages)
- ... Matthews after famous Marine marksman Calvin B. Matthews in 1942. After WWII, local residents of the city of La Jolla became increasingly concerned over the existence of a military base in their community. In 1959, a bill was passed in Congress to transfer the military base to the University of California. On October 6th, 1964, Camp Calvin B. Matthews was deeded to UCSD, in same year, the first undergraduate college, Revelle, took in the first undergraduate class. Through careful observation at the site and particularly the drinking fountain, I can see how discourse, power, gaze, and taste are applied and functioning through and around the site.... [tags: War, Campus, Statue]
976 words (2.8 pages)
- In making the decisions to protect people’s lives from hazards and disasters, evacuations sometimes become necessary. Of course early in the reaction to the incident, or the response phase, this may become a decision for local and state emergency managers. The San Diego, California wildfire which occurred in October 2007 caused a large scale evacuation. This essay is an analysis, and identification of lessons learned from the evacuation incident. As well a plan of personal recommendations and improvements will be made based on information covered in the National Housing strategy, and Robert Stafford Act.... [tags: natural pehnomena, natural disaster]
960 words (2.7 pages)
- TUBERCULOSIS Tuberculosis, commonly known as TB, is a contagious and often-severe airborne disease caused by bacterial infection. TB typically affects the lungs, but it also may affect any other organ of the body. It is usually treated with a regimen of drugs taken for 6 months to 2 years, depending on the type of infection (NIAID, 2014). An estimated of one-third of population of the world is affected by tuberculosis. In 2012, an estimated 8.6 new million TB cases were identified worldwide while an estimated 1.3 million died from the disease (WHO, 2013).... [tags: disease, lung, screening, testing]
1632 words (4.7 pages)
- The San Diego politicians are waging a War of Intolerance and you are the victims. They have passed laws that outlaw skate boarding, dancing, and even cruising. And there is no end in sight. There latest law of intolerance is the San Diego Juvenile curfew. The teen curfew forbids people under 18 from being out past 10 pm. In June of 1997, that curfew was ruled unconstitutional by a Federal Court. So what did the City Council do. They simply revised the curfew by adding some narrow exceptions. 20 days later we started to fight back.... [tags: persuassive essay]
1584 words (4.5 pages)
- San Diego Mormon Temple and the Chartres Cathedral in France The San Diego Mormon Temple bases its architecture on gothic roots; where the epitome of early gothic architecture is the Chartres Cathedral in France. The Mormon Temple is made of white aggregate stone and stucco, very angular and massive, built as a Gothic revival temple. Designed by William Lewis, Jr., the architect took into consideration Mormon temples in Salt Lake City and Washington, D.C.... [tags: Compare Contrast Essays]
1207 words (3.4 pages)