First, I will talk about the basis of Islam and what it really teaches. Due to recent events in the United Sates the image of Islam has been distorted making it look violent, intolerant and that has increase islamophobia. Islam has grown so rapidly and there are nearly 6 to 7 million Muslims nationwide and it is important for everyone to gain knowledge on what Islam truly is. Islam walks in the path of flexibility and denounces any type of violence. The Holy Quran states that “If any one killed a person, it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind; and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole of mankind” (Chapter Five, Verse 32). Islam rejects terrorism and all other forms of violence. In the times of war during the Holy Prophet (Muhamad) he declared that no women, no elderly, no child, no property can be touched. You will only fight the man who is fighting you.
Islam is based upon five pillars. First is the declaration of faith. This is a testimony made an individual. The testimony goes by"La ilaha illa llah, Muhammadun rasul Allah" in Arabic which means there is no god but Allah and Mohammad is his last messenger. According to Bernard Lewis 's 2009 book called Islam: The religion and the people, he explains that the first part of the Shahadah "La ilaha illa llah" (there is no god but Allah) affirms monotheism and rejects polytheism. The second part of the Shahadah "Muhammadun rasul Allah" (And Muhammad is his final messenger) affirms that Muhammad is Gods final prophet to mankind.
The second pillar is prayer. Muslims pray five times a day. The prayer is the direct link between a worshipper and God. In the prayer a person feels inner happiness and peace. The five time daily prayers ...
... middle of paper ...
...rorism carried out against the United States. The attacks killed about 3,000 individuals. The U.S government linked the attacks to the group Al-Qaeda, which was organized by an Islamic extremist group. Another terrorist groups that is linked with Islam, which has become popular and very known throughout the American population and the rest of the world is Isis. This group was formed in the Middle East in Iraq 2013. Over the years, the group has been involved with 90 terrorist attacks around the world. The leaders of this group are Muslims, but real Muslims reject Isis because it teaches extremism and violence. This group has also caused harm to Muslims. The mass shooting in Orlando, Florida has also increased Islamophobia because the shooter was identified as Omar Mateen, who was a Muslim. The shooter targeted a night club and killed about 49 individuals.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- First, I will talk about the basis of Islam and what it really teaches. Due to recent events in the United Sates the image of Islam has been distorted making it look violent, intolerant and that has increase islamophobia. Islam has grown so rapidly and there are nearly 6 to 7 million Muslims nationwide and it is important for everyone to gain knowledge on what Islam truly is. Islam walks in the path of flexibility and denounces any type of violence. The Holy Quran states that “If any one killed a person, it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind; and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole of mankind” (Chapter Five, Verse 32).... [tags: Muhammad, Islam, Qur'an, Muslim]
776 words (2.2 pages)
- Islam meaning “surrender” or “submission” rose with the Prophet Muhammad in the 7th century, Islam was started in the Middle East in the Arabia peninsula. Muhammad said islam is the surrender of will to Allah, the creator and sustainer of the world. Muslims study the Quran which contains teaching of Muhammad that were shown to him from Allah. According to Islam Allah is the one and only true God. Islam has several different categories to its religion. The two main branches within Islam are the Sunni and Shi’a.... [tags: Muhammad, Islam, Qur'an, Ali]
2037 words (5.8 pages)
- In the year 610, the Islam religion emerged in the town of Mecca, Arabia. The new religion is the youngest of the world’s major religions and was founded by a prophet named Muhammad. The Islam religion is monotheistic, meaning they believe in a single God; they call him “Allah.” Muslims are the followers of Islam; they consider their faith to be the final revelation of God’s truth. The word Islam means “submission to God” and Muslim means “one who surrenders.” Islam brought together a number of Arabic tribes with different customs and speaking languages, under one spiritual banner.... [tags: Islam, Muhammad, Chemistry, Islamic Golden Age]
924 words (2.6 pages)
- Module 4 Muhammad taught regarding the nature of Allah (God) that there is only One God who have no family. Muslims believe that Allah sent prophets who give message about true meaning of monotheism. Muhammad is the last prophet of Islam that claimed in Quran. Muhammad’s preaching was more significant than his military conquests. Muhammad never claimed that Islam is a new religion by invent it. His messages filled with past religions and showed what Islam’s real meaning. When his fellow people rejected his religious beliefs, Arabs from Yathrib impressed his preaching that caused him to have more followers of Islam.... [tags: Islam, Qur'an, Jesus, Allah]
1553 words (4.4 pages)
- "Who are you?"(Eggers 206) were the first words that Abdulrahman Zeitoun heard from the police officers that had surrounded him and his friends with their guns drawn as he walked out of 5010 Claiborne that he owned. He had been stopping by the house to use the telephone once a day to call his wife Kathy, who was in Arizona with their four children to escape Hurricane Katrina, a catagory 5 hurricane that had hit New Orleans, the city they lived in. Abdulrahman Zeitoun had stayed home to protect his many properties that he and his family had required in the sixteen years since he had moved to the city.... [tags: Islam ]
1148 words (3.3 pages)
- Comparing Islam and Judaism's Views on Euthanasia Euthanasia gained a legal foothold in Holland. It went to the ballot box in two states in America but was defeated. Its lobby is getting more active. Islam and Judaism have definite views on euthanasia. The principle regarding the sanctity of human life implies that human life is immeasurable, that there is no difference between a healthy person and a physically or mentally impaired person. Likewise, the life expectancy of a patient is immaterial.... [tags: Compare Contrast Essays]
1807 words (5.2 pages)
- The examination of the functionings of religious states is best done by using two of the most well known nations with a state sponsored religion; Israel and Iran. Their respective religions, Jewish and Islamic, govern their states’s policy and everyday life, allowing for a comprehensive comparison regarding the impact on democracy. Israel and Iran have long been at odds politically, so this comparison between the two will highlight the way the two states have dealt with their religious base. Iran is an Islamic sponsored state, with most of their political system revolving around the religious leaders.... [tags: Iran, Ruhollah Khomeini, Iranian Revolution]
717 words (2 pages)
- Before venturing into the ideals and movements of Islamic feminism, it is important to recognize some of the biased views Westerners often take when it comes to women in Islam. Because of the portrayal of women in the Arab world through pop-culture and the media, some Westerners may believe that Islam creates a society in need of modernity. The concepts of religious government are also foreign to the Western world. Feminists often focus on the practice of veiling women in Islamic tradition as a law made to minimize the importance of women as citizens.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1048 words (3 pages)
- Aristotle is one of the most famous philosophers around the world. He is Greek; he lived between 384 BC and 322 BC . He wrote in many aspects such as physics, metaphysics, logic, politics, government and ethics . While concerning politics and government, it is clear that Aristotle has some effective ideas to the state and the human society. On the other hand, Islam is one of the religious that take about how the society works and how to keep the state. They both talk about justice and equality between the members of the society.... [tags: Aristotle, philosophy, women, feminism, ]
1052 words (3 pages)
- ... Islam in general considers itself to be a universal religion at its purest form. Allah is even seen as the all knowing creator of all things wordly and devine. Allahs creation is governed by devine set laws and that peace can only be found through the knowledge of and obeyence of these laws. Muslims believe that there needs to be complete surrender to Allah to prove their true belief. In Islam, all humans will be resurrected for a final judgement of their deeds and heaven awaits the faithful and hell awaits the infidel which are the unfaithful.... [tags: creator, redeemer, sins]
1177 words (3.4 pages)