The very meanings of Islam are of peace for mankind and submission to god. “The whole mankind is like one community” is a glorious verse in the Quran exhibiting the truth that we should decide our matter and settle our differences like brothers. We are like a sacred family of lord. We are all sons and daughters of Adam and Eve and are made of clay. No one is made of silver or gold. We must respect each other, because peace is the best policy. Peace is religion and religion is peace. The whole world can become the cradle of happiness if people learn to live reasonably and honestly. In the psalm of David, he seeks peace in these words; “I will lie down and in peace, for you alone, o lord, make me dwell in safety” (4:8). Jesus Christ gave the message o f love, peace, tolerance and non-violence. The Gospel of John records the following word of Jesus, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubles and do not be afraid” (14:27). Similarly the Quran exhorts for peaceful treaties. In the chapter well-explained the Quran says; “Respond with which is better, so that he, between whom and you there was animosity, shall be like intimate friend. And none should be accorded this rank except t...
... middle of paper ...
... open arms. So all in all Islam was a religion of peace is a religion of peace and always will be a religion of peace.
Mahmood, Iftekhar. Islam Beyond Terrorists and Terrorism: Biographies of the Most Influential Muslims in History. Lanham, Md: University Press of America, 2002. Print
Ali, Abdullah Yusuf. The Holy Qur'an: Text, Translation and Commentary. Elmhurst, NY: Published by Tahrike Tarsile Qur'an, 2008. Print.
Scharfstein, Sol. The Five Books of Moses = [Ḥamishah ḥumshe Torah] : an Easy-to-read Torah Translation. Jersey City, NJ: Ktav Pub. House, 2005. Print.
Stream, Carol. "New Living Translation (NLT Bible) - Version Information - BibleGateway.com."BibleGateway.com: A Searchable Online Bible in over 100 Versions and 50 Languages. Fall 2007. Web. 30 Mar. 2011.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- On September 11, 2001 the World Trade Center came crashing down due to Al-Qaeda attacks. Those were the darkest days for the family and friends of the victims and also for Muslims all around the world. Al-Qaeda is a militant Islamist group, also known as extremists or terrorists, who are calling for a global Jihad. Many terrorists may be Muslims but not every Muslim is a terrorist. I am here today to clear the name of Muslims and what Islam’s views are on peace, Jihad and terrorism. The very meanings of Islam are of peace for mankind and submission to god.... [tags: Islam, Culture, Religion]
1941 words (5.5 pages)
- Danielle Novak Abby Ruby, Ph.D. Sociology 1 November 24, 2014 Islam - A Religion of Peace. The headlines out of the Middle East in recent months have been horrifying. American and British hostages beheaded, captured prisoners executed in the thousands, and children brutally murdered. There have been entire communities starved to death and murdered in cold blood for refusing to change their religious viewpoint. Much of the modern world is shocked by such depraved brutality. It appears incomprehensible to the Western mentality.... [tags: Islam, Muhammad, Sharia, Muslim]
2744 words (7.8 pages)
- “Is Islam a religion of terror?” It is a question that many people ask. When people who claim to be doing the will of Allah by being the cause of terrible events such as the attacks of 9/11 or the Boston Marathon bombings, it is a question that is a fair question to ask. It was a question that I did not have a clear answer on before I started to research. When I asked some people, they adamantly replied that it was indeed a violent religion. Then when I asked other people such as a British Pakistani girl named Meezaab, they replied that it is a religion of peace.... [tags: terrorism, Qu'ranic texts]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- Global problems which we are facing in the 21st century cannot be solved by the one nation. These problems can be solved by the unity of all the nations. If we see religion is the common between nations and so if religion be made the basis for solving problems, then they can be solved. However, various commentators argue that religions create the problems. They consider that religion should not be made the basis for solving problems despite it divides one nation into various religious groups. In nation, many people have different religions, furthermore there are almost 19 religions which subdivided by 270 religions.... [tags: Religion, Islam, Nobel Peace Prize, God]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Islam is a religion of peace. There are 5 pillars of Islam, which are mandatory. The five pillars are, Shahadah, Salat, Zakat, Sawm, and Hajj, I will define the five pillars now. 1. Shahadah: Beleiving that there is no God but Allah, and Muhammad [peace be upon him] is his last messenger. 2. Salat: It is the prayers Muslims offer five times a day, Fajr, zuhr, asr, maghrib and Isha. 3. Zakat: It is to give 2.5% annually of one’s savings to the needy people. 4. Sawm: Fasting during the month of Ramadan to learn to have a control over yourself and to know how the needy people feel who have to starve because they can’t get food.... [tags: Religion of Peace, Shahadah, Salat, Zakat]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- “Whoever adheres to my Sunnah When my Ummah is corrupt, will have the reward of a hundred martyrs.” The word Islam is derived from the verb aslama which means "rely, to give up." Thus, Islam can be translated, in the religious context and willed by God through "Reply to the will or the law of God." It thus follows that the word Muslim is one who "submits to the will of God." Islam also has the derived word Salam which means "peace", which is the natural consequence of total submission to God. This is the message which is the largest among the divine revelations, as indicated by many suras in the Quran: Sura 12, Verse 40 “The power belongs to God.... [tags: Islam, Religion, God, Will of God, Peace]
1194 words (3.4 pages)
- Islam In Islam God created the religion and Muhammad was seen as Gods mouth piece or the master prophet. The religion Islam means peace and also has a second meaning of surrendering. It means to surrender your life over to God. Those who practice the religion Islam are defined as Muslim. The religion Islam begins with God. In Islam God is referred to as Allah. Allah can be translated the God which adheres to Islam’s strict monotheism. God is considered to be the creator of the world and human kind.... [tags: Islam, Muhammad, Qur'an, Prophets of Islam]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- For my paper I decided to choose the religion of Islam. I decided to pick this religion because of its fast growing rate. It is also different from what I am used to growing up with, so I was interested in learning more. I had learned some basic facts after the 9/11 event, but the Muslim religion and culture was still a mystery to me. Picking this topic has helped me learn more about Muslims and will help me better relate to them in my future work. Background and History Islam is the religion for about a fifth of the world’s population and is continually growing in numbers.... [tags: Islam Essays]
1063 words (3 pages)
- The horrific events of September 11, 2001, killed 2,996 people and caused at least $ 10 billion in property and infrastructure damage. After September 11, people started point fingers at the Muslims for doing, just because small group of Muslims it doesn’t me that everyone is the same. September 11, have forever changed Americans view of Islam and Muslim. Even before September 11, they were still hate toward Islam and Muslims. These this famous quotes online by unknown person “I’m Muslim, Islam is perfect but I am not.... [tags: Islam, Muhammad, Prophets of Islam, Qur'an]
1780 words (5.1 pages)
- Introduction. As history shows, religious faith or belief can often prove to be a much stronger force than considerations of pure self-interest. In some circumstances people will even sacrifice their life for their faith. In spite of whether this powerful force works for the good or bad of mankind, it would be a great mistake to think that the globalization and economization of thought has lessened religion’s importance. Religion continues to act as one of the major factor to better the human behavior.... [tags: Religion Islam Christianity Philosophy]
1151 words (3.3 pages)