The first major effect of not limiting the time one spends with one’s pre- marriage significant other is the fact that relationships the individual currently holds can very easily break down. As with anything, all relationships require work and maintenance. It is interesting to note that this is true in the scientific realm as well; the Second Law of Thermodynamics is defined as, “In terms of entropy, the second law states that the total entropy of a closed system cannot decrease” (The Penguin Dictionary of Science, 2009). It is fascinating how much of life comes together like puzzle pieces; if something is true in one part of reality, it often is in another as well. So, considering the Second Law, think of a person has twelve hours in the day, and five of those hours are free each day. The person spends every singl...
... middle of paper ...
...ot managed and appropriated, then relationships one already holds can more easily decay, other responsibilities are neglected, and and inappropriate intimacy can grow.
Fibbs, B. (2009, June 11) 'Imagine that': Finally, a good Eddie Murphy film. Gazette, The (Colorado Springs, CO).
Hodge, E. (1999). If you've gone too far.. Campus Life, 57(8), 37.
Reconcile. (2011). The american heritage(R) dictionary of the english language. Retrieved March 15, 2014, from http://search.credoreference.com.library.gcu.edu:2048/content/entry/ hmdictenglang/reconcile/0?searchId=879a5f26-acd1-11e3-920d-0aea1e24c1ac&result=0
Thermodynamics. (2009). The penguin dictionary of science. Retrieved March 15, 2014, from http://search.credoreference.com.library.gcu.edu:2048/content/entry/penguinscience/ thermodynamics/0?searchId=c79074bc-ace8-11e3-bd9c-12c1d36507ee&result=1
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Children are full of energy naturally, but there are some people who determined this to be a problem. According to Julian Haber, “More than 90 percent of methylphenidate (Ritalin) is produced and prescribed for children and adolescents with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder” (2). Doctors, teachers, and parents who support this medication claim that it helps children focus their energy and stay task oriented. However, they should also take a close look at possible long term effects this type of medication may have mentally and physically.... [tags: Diseases, Disorders]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- Strong Response to Talking Too Much Throughout history, women have been made to seem as if they can 't keep quiet, unlike their male counterparts. Through proverbs and literature, women are always the one gossiping and having to let other 's know of their opinions. How true is this, though. Janet Holmes addresses this in "Women Talk Too Much", a chapter in the book Language Myths. "Women Talk Too Much" explores this concept while looking at it from a scientific point of view. Firstly, different forms of speaking are used in different scenarios.... [tags: Female, Gender, Male, Sex]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Everyone in the world works, working hard is a good thing. But is working too much a good thing. This problem seems happen in America in a worth considering way when America is noticed as the most overworked developed Nation in the world. Americans work too many hours in comparison to their peers around the world. Why they have to work that much. Do they think they work too much. Or just because they can 't find anything more interesting than working. Do Americans work too much because they want to or because they have to.... [tags: Working time, Employment, Leisure, Personal life]
1062 words (3 pages)
- Back to the Future, Doctor Who, Star Gate, Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, Terminator, The Time Machine, and so on so forth. These movies and TV shows have one thing and common witch as your can guess is time travel. But if you look at each single one separate not one time travel is the same from the other. Before we begin we shall learn what time travel is. Time travel is when one person, matter, or object moves in a three dimensional direction in time. The three dimensions are length, width and height but for this explanation we can also put it as forward and backward, left and right, and up and down.... [tags: Time Travel, Speed of Light, Films]
1919 words (5.5 pages)
- Is there too much pressure on teenagers to go to college. There is a lot of pressure on this generation of teenagers to go to college, because we are use to hearing the saying “you need to graduate high school, so you can go to college to get you a good job.” Personally I agree with this saying, because there are plenty of successful people in this world with a college education, but it takes a lot of hard work just to prepare for college. For example, having to take SAT or ACT to maintain a certain score for a school to even consider your acceptance.... [tags: High school, College, Higher education]
991 words (2.8 pages)
- Too Much Homework Homework in schools today has become an everyday normal for students. Teachers now hand out homework for every course possible, leaving students with heaps of homework to accomplish. The growing concern of education has caused an even greater increase in the amount of homework given to students. The concern has many questioning whether too much homework is being given, and how the excess amount of homework is impacting the development of students. Though some might say that homework is a good way to build responsibility, too much homework is impacting a student’s development in a negative way as they become more distant from others, began to cheat, and have a greater chance... [tags: Problem solving, Management, Hypertension]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Too much homework can lead to negative effects in learning. Together teachers and parents have a responsibility to make sure their students and children are staying on top of their academic responsibilities, but too much homework can have a negative effect on their desire to want to learn in the classroom. As long as there has been school, homework and the amount of it has been a controversy among teachers, parents, and students. All across America, the average school day for children ranges from the lowest number of hours being 6.24 to the highest number of hours being 7.17.... [tags: Learning, Childhood, Education, Obesity]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- How Much Television is too much. How much television is too much. Well on an average, children spend 25 hours a week watching television. And who’s to say it’s even quality stuff that they’re watching. This is a big question among many, if not all, American families. People today spend more time watching television than on any other single leisure activity. In fact, studies have shown that the average child spends more time in front of the television than in school. (Patterson, 2001) Television was once an educator, but overtime is gradually ruining our youth.... [tags: Media Entertainment Essays]
1065 words (3 pages)
- Sleep Too Much. As college students, we often complain that we have not gotten enough sleep on any given night. We drink copious amounts of caffeine in order to stay awake and finish that paper. Many times, we compensate for a lack of sleep at night by taking naps after (and sometimes during) our classes. This behavior might be recognized as "normal" by many teenagers and young people. However, many college-aged people suffer from sleep disorders. The most commonly recognized among these is insomnia, or the inability to obtain an adequate amount of sleep.... [tags: Biology Essays Research Papers]
1064 words (3 pages)
- I sat there, in my chair, and stared in wonder at my creation. A smile suddenly had appeared on my face, as I realised the magnitude of my creation. I could achieve greatness, it was all in the palm of my hands, and I was going to hold it tight. I suppose the whole thing had been an accident, for I had never intended to create such a thing, but what a thing to create. Since I was a very small child, I was always building things, and coming up with ideas. When I was four, I heard on TV that all atoms contained light, and so I realised they must contain heat, which is energy.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
415 words (1.2 pages)