I have been stuck in this car for the past twelve hours and have finally reached the sunny, cold, and windy town of Charleston, South Carolina. Pulling into the driveway of my aunt’s house, my sister and I were both so excited to see our cousins. It felt good coming out of my dad’s sliver minivan to stretch. The ride seemed as if it would never end. Now being here, I could not remember who thought this would be a fun family adventure to drive twelve straight hours in a minivan, where the air ventilation was an open window. Being only seven years old, I was only told that I was in South Carolina with family for my oldest cousin Shelly’s wedding. She was like my big sister and role model.
After getting into my aunt’s house, my cousin squeezed my sister and me in a bear hug and dragged us up the stairs. As soon as we got into the room simultaneously they said, “Are you guys ready for the party night?” My response was, “What party? The wedding is not until Sunday, and its Friday,” Then my cousin replied, “Yeah, but they want the bride’s and groom’s families to get to know each other.” While saying those words she seemed nervous, as if she was hiding something. In the distance, our parents called and told us to get ready for the party.
Getting into my dad’s silver van once again, wearing my favorite red and white velvet dress, we drove to Shelly’s house and arrived in fifteen minutes. In the driveway, the fence door on the side of the house was open for us to come in. Walking towards the gate, I opened the silver metal door with white and blue flowers wrapped around it. Then, there was a stone path that led to an intricate tent detailed with red and golden yellow garlands hanging around the ou...
... middle of paper ...
...Because each generation grew up in a different time period the ideals of society were different. This gap of time has made an unknown division based on our belief on our views of interracial marriage.
Although interracial couples are still being discriminated against, many are able to work through the comments of other people and remember the reason why they are with their significant other. The love that the interracial couples have will helped them stay together despite what other people beliefs about them are. Interracial couple should not have to deal with discrimination based on looks or beliefs. However, by looking at the at the strong ten year marriage of Shelly and Chris, those stressful problems they had to face before they were married or made them doubt their marriage, disappeared when they looked each other remember why they are still together, love.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Definitions and tips about being a great wedding planner, were included. Another website called, Perfect Planning Events, written by Tara Melvin, gave me great information about the cost of a Wedding Planner. From there, I did a more concentrated google search on, what a wedding planner does. There was many sites available, but I found The Wedding Planner Book to have the best information. The article was written by Kristie. There was information on initial consolation, pre wedding, wedding day, wrapping up, budget, venues, and vendors.... [tags: Marriage, Wedding, Want, English-language films]
1933 words (5.5 pages)
- There are many traditions that go into an American wedding. My family had the pleasure of attending the wedding of Marvin and Emily Murphy in October of this year. The bride Emily and my family have known each other for the past four years, we attend church together. In the American culture one of the most important traditions among women is the engagement. Woman are so interested in the love story behind the couple and how romantic the event is. Emily met her groom through a mutual friend. Marvin and Emily hit it off immediately.... [tags: Wedding, Marriage, Wedding reception]
1808 words (5.2 pages)
- ... There are always the guests that send back the invitations late, so getting the hotel rooms and food count always changes. After all the planning of a costly wedding, everyone is tired, stressed and some forget the real reason of the big day. Having a nice, cheap, small wedding is still stressful like a big expensive wedding, but can be more rewarding. Smaller weddings can save money to use for the honeymoon later. Getting a small list of guest together is much easier. The decorations could be homemade to save money and not so many of them will be needed since the space will be smaller.... [tags: Wedding, Marriage, The Guest, Divorce]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- ... Although a couple may admire a photographer 's style, the couple may expect specific photos. Couples commonly present a "photo shot" list to their photographer which indicates the photos most important to them. However, giving a photo list to the photographer is a sensitive matter. Some photographers welcome the couple 's shot list while others have the impression that a specialized list of "must-have" photos withdraws from capturing moments as they arise. 2) Business History A well-established wedding photographer should provide couples with a list of weddings they have provided services for, along with a number of weddings they regularly cover each year.... [tags: Photography, Photograph, Wedding, Photographer]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- ... and stared into outer space, the phone rang and one of my friends said to me "Are you ready . It is your big day.", "Of course." I said knowing the way my body was reacting with my thoughts it was going to be the day that I regret for the rest of my life. I got dressed, got in my car, and when I turned the key my hand felt like a ton of bricks. Surprisingly I began sweating and could not move but I came to myself after a moment. Nevertheless I drove to the Lighthouse where this supposingly special occsion would occur to decorate.... [tags: Marriage, Wedding, Husband, Wife]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- He popped the question, and I said yes. What is next. It is every girl’s dream to have that fairy tale wedding. I never realized how much went in a wedding until I started planning my own. You will need to set a budget, book the church, and reception hall. Most importantly, you cannot forget about your bridal party. Your first step is to set a budget. It is very important to set a realistic budget. The smaller the wedding the smaller the budget will be and vice versa. While I was planning my own wedding, I had to think about how many people we were inviting.... [tags: Wedding, Marriage, Bachelor party, Need]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- He popped the question, and I said yes. So now what. It is every girl’s dream to have that fairy tale wedding. I never realized how much all the small details really mattered, until I started planning my own wedding. You will need to set a budget, book the church, and reception hall. Most importantly you cannot forget about your bridal party. The first thing you need to do is set the date. Everything will revolve around your special day. Most couples choose a day that is special to them, or like me, a holiday weekend.... [tags: Marriage, Wedding, Need, Want]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- Perhaps you have always dreamed of a winter wedding, or want to simply be married during the least busy marriage months (see article on how to save for your wedding). Regardless of the reason, winter weddings don’t get enough recognition as they deserve. Sure, it’s colder outside which makes finding the proper dress a little more complicated, but getting married in the winter can be just as romantic – if not more so – as weddings in the hotter months. Below, we will discuss the top 23 winter wedding ideas to ensure you have the winter wedding you most deserve and dream of.... [tags: Wedding, Marriage, Wedding ring, Engagement ring]
1325 words (3.8 pages)
- The Importance of Family in McCullers' The Member of the Wedding "I don't need my mother or my father anymore. I am a teenager, who needs them. I can definitely live on my own." Carson McCullers wrote a novel, The Member of the Wedding (1946), which put a twelve-year-old girl, Frankie, in the situation of leaving her family and hometown. After last year, her best friend moved away and she was left alone. She used to be very popular and hung out in all of the clubhouses around town. Now, she was not invited to any of them.... [tags: McCullers Member of the Wedding]
849 words (2.4 pages)
- Humorous and Sentimental Wedding Speech by the Groom I was going to begin with "ladies and gentlemen" but on looking around I'm glad I didn't. So here goes. Distinguished guests, those of lesser distinction, and those of no distinction at all, family relatives, new and old, in-laws and out-laws, friends, friends of friends, and freeloaders, welcome to our wedding reception. First of all I would like to thank my brothers and my new sister for their kind words. I did have a speech all worked out for this special occasion, but of course now that I'm a married man, she has told me what to say instead.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1289 words (3.7 pages)
- Crime, Society, And A Plan For The Future
- Analysis Of ' Compass And Torch ' And ' Anil '
- The Film V For Vendetta, A Cinematic Remake Of The Classic Graphic Novel Series
- Rhetorical Analysis Of Martin Luther King 's ' I Have A Dream '
- Strategic Marketing Efforts And Product Design Initiatives
- John Steinbeck 's Of Mice And Men