There are many different people with many different reasons or ideas to explain why cheating occurs. These people sometimes have a solution that they think will stop cheating, but it usually revolves around one central theme. I believe if we combine all of these ideas, we will be more prepared to formulate a possible solution to this, but it will have to be a well-rounded one. All of the bases will need to be covered. Technology, teachers, morals and values seem to be three major points surrounding the issu...
... middle of paper ...
...if we can stand together and help our students realize that cheating is a choice, we can help them choose not to.
Slobogin, Kathy. "CNN.com - Survey: Many Students Say Cheating's OK - April 5, 2002." CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News. Cable New Network, 05 Apr. 2002. Web. 13 Feb. 2012.
Staples, Brent. "Cutting and Pasting - A Senior Thesis by (Insert Name) - NYTimes.com." Nytimes.com. The New York Times - Breaking News, World News & Multimedia, 12 July 2010. Web. 13 Feb. 2012.
Supon, Viola. "Teachers: Recognize Important Steps To Reduce Cheating." Journal Of Instructional Psychology 35.4 (2008): 376-379. Academic Search Complete. Web. 13 Feb. 2012.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The freezing point of p-xylene was calculated by taking the average calculated Kf of the three trials of the p-xylene and toluene solution. The average of the three trials was computed as 4.56(C/m) as shown in Table 1, however, the theoretical value was slightly lower than calculated, 4.3(C/m). This resulted in a 6.04% error as shown in Equation 5; possible causes of error could have resulted from adding too much solute or too little solvent, then the calculations would have been off given that the solution was not dilute enough.... [tags: Solvent, Solubility, Melting point, Solution]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- “The connection between food and beauty is incredibly powerful. Just by changing the foods you eat you can radically change the way you look and feel” (Snyder, 2013). Kimberly Snyder is the author of the Beauty Detox Solution and Beauty Detox Foods. While backpacking for three years throughout 50 countries, she learned how health and beauty are viewed. Because of her fascination with what she learned, she became a certified nutritionist when she returned to the United States (Snyder, 2013). Not only has she shared her health tips on Good Morning America and the Dr.... [tags: american diet, detox solution, kimberly synder]
979 words (2.8 pages)
- On March 13th, 1964, a woman named 'Kitty Genovese' was stabbed by a psychopathic stranger on the street near her home in New York City. While she was being murdered brutally for 35 minutes, 38 neighbors were witnessing the crime scene. In spite of her desperate cry for help, none of them had offered any help. Even after the criminal had left, only one neighbor called police, but by the time police had arrived, she was already dead. This incident is well-known as 'Genovese Syndrome', which refers to a social phenomenon where a person is less likely to offer help to another person who is in danger.... [tags: bystander, society, law, solution]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- As we grow up, we begin to forget what it is like to be a child and how sweet and innocent we were. We forget these things because of the daily stressors that are thrown at us as mature. In my future, I want to be able to help children hold on to their innocence; because for some, it is taken from them far too early. By providing counseling for children in need there is hope that therapists can guide their adolescent patients onto a path that will allow them to live a great life no matter what their goals are.... [tags: Family therapy, Solution focused brief therapy]
1310 words (3.7 pages)
- It is 2:15 a.m., and you have just finished creating a paper for your English class. Your eyelids are drooping, so you decide you will drag yourself to bed for a few hours of sleep. You no more than fall asleep (it feels) and your alarm clocks goes off. It is 7:00 a.m. and you think, "I'll just lay here for five more minutes." Next thing you know, it is 7:45 a.m., you are just getting up, and you have class at 8:00 a.m. You rush around and make it to school on time, but realize that you forgot to do your physics and calculus homework because you were so focused on your English paper.... [tags: Ethics ]
1241 words (3.5 pages)
- Problem Solution: Kuiper Leda The ability to manage supply chains effectively is a key component of corporate success. Adopting a supply chain management strategy (inventory strategy) that works to minimize costs, enhance quality and efficiency of products and services rendered, and maintain sufficient levels of inventory while reducing associated carrying costs is ideal for all businesses. Achieving such a goal, however, is quite challenging and most businesses adopt inventory strategies that best enable them to fulfill their most primary needs (e.g.... [tags: Business, Case Study, Analysis, solution]
1955 words (5.6 pages)
- The Bullet System as a Production Solution in the Linen Industry Background/Problem: “Linen company A” cleans linens for local hotels and restaurants. The linen company has had a drastic increase in their amounts of work to the point that their labor force is insufficient. To hire more labor is feasible, but they would like to keep from doing this, allowing themselves to save money in the long run. They’re problem is lack of labor, and the want to maximize efficiency in the workplace. Solution: The best solution for the company is to use Automation Dynamics.... [tags: Case Study Solution]
279 words (0.8 pages)
- Problem Solution: Riordan Manufacturing Riordan Manufacturing is a global plastics producer employing 550 people with projected annual earnings of $46 million. The company is wholly owned by Riordan Industries, a Fortune 1000 enterprise with revenues in excess of $1 billion. Production is divided among three plants: plastic beverage containers in Albany, Georgia; custom plastic parts in Pontiac, Michigan; and plastic fan parts in Hangzhou, China. Research and Development is conducted at corporate headquarters in San Jose, California.... [tags: Problem Solution Case Study Riordan Manufacturing]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- KPMG Three Little Pigs Inc. Solution Several factors including increased supply have caused declining prices for live hogs on the spot market. Also as shown below, futures prices will remain below the carrying cost for live hogs until nearly the end of the fiscal year. However, processed pork products such as bacon, loins, and ham remain above the current cost of production. Three Little Pigs Inc. is capable of processing hogs into these products internally at some locations. Unfortunately, not all hogs can be transported and processed at the main processing plants and must be sold as live hogs to third parties at spot market prices.... [tags: Business, Finance, case study, solution]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- The Solution The business man behind a desk, the scientist in the lab, the artist approaching his canvas, the mathematician examining the symbols he placed on the blackboard--the thoughts going through each of their heads are very different in many ways, yet amazingly similar. For example, the business man must come up with an idea to cut costs and increase revenue for his company. He must find a creative twist to an old idea, a new combination of numbers that allows the company to increase profit and drop costs.... [tags: Philosophy Philosophical Papers]
1496 words (4.3 pages)