Friends can be classified in many ways, friends can be real or fake, and friends have many characteristics. Society often throws the term “friend” around making in a loose term. Many times someone gets mistaken as a friend because they are enjoyable to be around, but is that what creates a friendship? Friendship has much more meaning than what society gives; there are things that attract a friendship, there are ways to classify a friend, and there is things real friends to verse fake friends.
Several places can attract people to become friends; however, there are three main ones that every person can relate to. The one that attracts friends the most is the common interests shared between each other, according to Psychology Today ("The True Meaning Of Friendship" 2). Many times people who are in the same classes become friends because they spend a majority of the day working on the same subjects; they both are interested in what they are learning, drawing them close. Other cases might be like Carolyn and Emily’s story. Both girls attended basketball camp two years in a row, the first year they got to know each other creating a bond, so by the second year the two girls were familiar enough with each other that they were able to room together. Camps are a great way to meet and make new friends who may be a benefit in the future. Many people try to say that they do not share interests in their friends; although that may be true, time spent doing something both people enjoy is more exciting than when there is not a shared interest, according to Psychology Today ("The True Meaning Of Friendship." 2). Everyone has gone through rough places in their lives, many people go through similar ones drawing the...
... middle of paper ...
...eople need to think about what their friends do for them and what they do not do for them, so that they can determine their real friends verse their fake friends.
To sum everything up, people need to step back and think about the friendship they have. Are they people in their lives truly their friends? Friendship often form when two people share a common interest. To have a good time with friends, people need to have a common interest, if not the time will be boring. There are characteristics to determine a friend, people often forget to look at what their friend is offering them versus what their friend is not doing. On the flip side, people need to think about what they are like as a friend. Many times fake friends make themselves look like they are a best friend and are always going to be there; these are the people that make society use the term “friend” loosely.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I remember an old saying my mother used to tell me, “Never say never”. Is this true. I would have never expected this to be true till something happened to me that changed my life till this very day. Growing up I was oddly very cold hearted. I guess I was never the gurly girl always crying after a finger nail broke or the kind of person that wore her heart on her sleeve. I would always keep things to myself and let it be the day someone saw me cry. Most people just thought I wasn’t human. Crying wasn’t something I was used to but I didn’t know one instance would make me shed oceans.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1638 words (4.7 pages)
- Surely, everyone is fond of the idea of friendship. In fact, to most people living on this earth believe that friends are the most important part of their lives. There have been lots of sayings, quotes, movies and music about the theme, friendship; and this also impacted many people in the way they see the idea of having friends and that it is worthwhile to have someone to rely on. The importance of friendship cannot just be forgotten like a snap of one’s fingers. It has stuck on to the minds of people through movies, such as ‘Harry Potter’ and TV series, like ‘Friends’.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- A best friend is a special person. Someone you can always talk to and count on. When growing up you never truly know what a best friend is until you find one. I found mine when I was in third grade. In the summer when school was out my older brother, younger sister and I would stay at home. We lived on Sheridan so we would always go sit on the porch and watch the cars go by. One day the house next door to us was bought, my brother and I watched as the new neighbors moved all of their belongings into the house.... [tags: High school, College, Middle school, Friendship]
1097 words (3.1 pages)
- All an Athletes thinks about is during season is the next game. What’s going to happen or if they’re going to make the play during the game when they really count. They’re rarely think about what they’re doing during school or at home or even when they’re walking the streets of their city. Little do they know that just being an athlete, they assume a greater part than simply being themselves. What they do, say, watch, and speak can make an impact on their image. Athletes have always been held to a higher standard.... [tags: Basketball, High school]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- When choosing a friend many people have different preferences, some may want to be friends with others that have similarities as themselves, such as hobbies, family structures, martial statuses or financial class status. Whatever the preference maybe having friends is one the most important qualities in life but having a male friend has been far better than having a female friend when you’re the opposite sex. Having a male friend leads to the best friendships considering females are emotional, unforgiving and judgmental vs a male friend who’s less emotional, forgiving and accepting.... [tags: Friendship, Love, Sex, Male]
702 words (2 pages)
- Feet aching, hands throbbing, head pounding right where the theoretic third eye should be. Standing at the bus stop next to Moakley on campus, the sun beating down hard causing the pounding to intensify. The sounds of my blood rushing and an odd rhythmic beating of my head can be heard only by me. Sitting on the bench are three athletic majors, water jugs in hands talking about their classes. And two girls wearing sorority letters, both giggling. At a different time, they each look at me and decide to continue to sit where they are.... [tags: Wheelchair, Disability, Polycystic ovary syndrome]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- In a nation that was built by slavery with with the blood, sweat, and tears of slaves for about two hundred forty-five years, it is hard to detect the demolishing of racism in America 's future. America has a long history of Americans of European descent being immoral and unethical towards minorities through many forms. One example would through the legal system (Jim Crow Laws). The people of European descent continued the “Us vs. Them” idea and keeping superiority by placing laws that separated themselves from the minorities and providing certain privileges to white Americans, Although our founding fathers and ancestors did not have the mind of a caveman, they did not have half of the k... [tags: African American, Race, White people]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- The Aliens Next Door Three of them are on the right side of my bed. I try to holler but I can't. I can't move. I'm scared, remembering the pain from the other times. They fly through the ceiling and out the roof, taking me with them. Next thing I'm in their craft, lying on a table, and I'm cold. I'm naked. They're putting something up into my vagina, and I'm scared they'll leave it there. They wear skintight black coveralls. They look like black grasshoppers. No hair, wide jaw. Black eyes, big, halfway between round and oval.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Essays]
1450 words (4.1 pages)
- Analysis of Confucius Lives Next Door Reading T. R. Reid's new book brought me back to that conversation. 'Confucius Lives Next Door' is aptly named. Reid, a longtime reporter and Asia correspondent for The Washington Post, has nailed his copy of the Analects to the mast. Drawing on the experience of his own and his family's life in Tokyo and other east Asian points, he has written a paean to what he terms 'east Asia's social miracle -- how the Asians have built modern industrial societies characterized by the safest streets, the best schools and the most stable families in the world.' Asians, he holds, have 'a sense of civility and harmony that you can feel,' and they 'achieved t... [tags: Papers]
981 words (2.8 pages)
- Have you ever wondered why your best friend is actually your best friend. Is it just because you have known them all of your life. Or is it simply because you just like to hang out with them. My best friend is as unique as they come. I have watched and admired his way of life over the past eight years. My friends' name is Mike Linn. Mike and I met in the sixth grade. He immediately stood out to me. There was just something about him that caught my eye. He had short messy brown hair as if he had just rolled out of bed and he was wearing a yellow Nautica t-shirt that glared at you as if you were looking directly into the sun.... [tags: Friendship Essay Personal Narrative]
1344 words (3.8 pages)