Arguably the best thing about Uber is the cost efficiency and ease of use. While I do not speak from personal experience, I cannot imagine trying to catch a cab in the hustle and bustle of a huge city like New York City or Chicago because at times catching one off of Beale can be challenging enough for this small town girl. Uber takes the stress of that away. Uber has capitalized on technology and the impact it has had on our day-to-day lives with the development of their app and henceforth, their business. With Uber, your ride is just a few taps on your smart phone away. And the cherry on top, it is almost always cheaper than a taxi fare and certainly easier to ride share with friends as opposed to chatting up a total stranger to cut the cost of your ride .
Secondly, your ride is almost certainly going to be more pleasant in an Uber than in a taxi. Uber drivers are using their own personal cars and often go the extra...
... middle of paper ...
...ior service for less. In a sense Uber has essentially achieved the unachievable by offering a superior product for less. As previously stated in the positive aspects of Uber, an Uber car is almost cleaner, safer, and less expensive than a traditional taxi. In comparison to taxi services, Uber is undoubtedly superior and has achieved that through their pricing strategy and product differentiation . Although, I currently am a supporter of Uber, after reading the articles on the backlash they have received and learning more about their treatment of employees I have some skepticism about the company moving forward. In an ideal world a company as innovative and successful would also be a great employer and be one of the top places to work. However, this does not seem to be the case for Uber and I will be interested to see the effect it has on business moving forward.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Call an Uber for cute kittens to play with; call a Lamborghini Uber for a free ride; call a Magnum Uber for ice-cream delivery. Uber Technologies, INC., the pioneer of the ride sharing industry founded in 2009, successfully attracted people’s attention and caused fervent social responses by its innovative public campaigns. During this time of global economic growth and business competition, Uber’s brand advertisements not only provided users with cheap and convenient service, but also with creative events to put more excitement into daily life.... [tags: Audience, Audience theory, Drama]
1243 words (3.6 pages)
- Uniforms in high school have started to become a well-liked trend. Unfortunately, there are some parents and students that consider school uniforms a terrible idea. Some students are unable to express the way they want to look when they wear uniforms. However, there are relatively a handful of people who agree with wearing school uniforms is a good thing. My father tells me this all the time, “Schools that make you wear uniforms makes the students more successful” (Hall). Since I can remember I have worn uniforms since I was in kindergarten.... [tags: Dress code, Clothing, Social class, Uniform]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- Most businesses have huge amount of data but don’t know entirely how to use it. They collect all the information about customers and transactions, then they look it up in a big data base but they don’t employ people to analyse it effectively. The best thing a business can do is to employ a statistician or machine learner or people who are trained in data science to uncover the gems that are hidden in the data (O’Connell, 2013). For e.g.: a retail company might have data collected on what goods people buy in the store and so they can analyse and see what combination of goods are most often bought together and then design the store layout to create a better customer experience.... [tags: Statistics, Regression analysis, Data mining]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- There are many obstacles in life and education is one of them. Going to school for seven hours a day is already considered a hardship for a few of us as it takes a significant portion out of the day. After school even more time will be invested on homeworks and study time for each class. People think that school is the best thing a teenager could have, but according to Lawrence there are many flaws. Lawrence was just like any other kids going through high school. His first three years of high school went pretty well.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, High school]
706 words (2 pages)
- I lay awake remembering the first time I got Rufus he was only 6 months and my parents surprised me for my birthday when I was 5. I asked them and pleaded for a dog. My parents finally gave in. My parents got him from the shelter he was rescue dog that got abused by its owner. He didn 't have a tail but he was a gorgeous dog with a fleece white as snow. Though he had a kidney disease he was a ball of energy when i got him i never thought something alive can go so fast. I wake up and walk up in the dark standing rubbing my feet on the carpet I walk up to rufus where he lay curled up in a ball.... [tags: English-language films, Father, Mother]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- All the adversity I 've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you (Disney, 1957). This ideal, coupled with Tom Brokaw’s challenge of, “You are educated. Your certification is in your degree. You may think of it as the ticket to the good life. Let me ask you to think of an alternative. Think of it as your ticket to change the world,” are ideas I have embraced. I have been blessed to experience much adversity in the first half of my life, but have equally been blessed with little or no adversity in the second half.... [tags: Education, Family, Teacher, Thought]
2281 words (6.5 pages)
- Large businesses such as Uber are faced with many sources of uncertainty within the organizational environment which affect the resource pool. Environmental complexity, dynamism, and richness are the three factors that can potentially lead to this uncertainty. Starting out by taking a look at environmental complexity, will help uncover some forms of uncertainty surrounding Uber. As Jones (2013) states, “environmental complexity is the function of the strength, number, and interconnectedness of the specific and general forces that an organization has to manage” (66).... [tags: Environment, Natural environment, Taxis]
1088 words (3.1 pages)
- Uber is a transportation network company that allows its customers to submit trip requests through its mobile app. It has grown rapidly since its start in March 2009, and is now available in over 60 countries and 404 cities. It is looking to branch out into services other then just taxi like services including: food and package delivery; and new technologies such as self driving cars. According to recent fundraising efforts, Uber is currently valued at $62.5 Billion. Governments, taxi companies and their employees have challenged the legality of Uber’s business practices.... [tags: Supply and demand, Price point, Taxicab]
1215 words (3.5 pages)
- Going outside is obviously an important part that cannot be separated from our lives. Sometimes we need to go shopping, and sometimes we need to hand out with our friends; sometimes we need to go to school and sometimes we need to have a long way trip. Taxi, is the way that has been seemed as the most convenient choice for us to choose whenever we want to go outside for many years. However, in recent years, a new way that more and more people would like to choose when they go outside is to take a Uber drive.... [tags: Full-time, Part-time, English-language films]
1177 words (3.4 pages)
- In life some of us spend our time devoted to finding thrill, maybe even the next best exciting thing. But a particular aphorism quoted by Thomas Higgins that expresses what I think and fits my lifestyle would probably be: “I 'm not scared of death. I just don’t seek it out,” I am not saying that death is a bad thing. But what I think is by not seeking out an early demise I could use biological science to help people. What I seek my thrill in is biology. Yes, biology, the class you once had in high school that you might have sat through and drooled in because of how boring it was.... [tags: Human, Science, Life, Thing]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- How Race And Ethnicity Shape Identity Through The Media Show Society The Severity Of The Racist Law Enforcement
- Programming : Job And Code
- Day Of Destruction, Days Of Revolt By Chris Hedges And Joe Sacco
- Veto Players And Fdi ( Chapter Six ) And The Imf, Fdi Inflows
- Analysis Of The Poem ' The Cid '
- Analysis Of The Book ' Unfair Games '